Quickest way to farm lightside points at 50?

Peteflame

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I farmed 1300 points per hour while doing deplomacy with 3 companions and running "The Black Talon" over and over agin (it's the first 2-man flashpoint you get and you enter it at the Dromund kaas departure level). I did this on lvl 31 (as a sith juggernout with imotralt skilltre=no dps at all) and each run (after some practice) only took arund 13 min and you get 200 points each run! So that is my best tip! :)

(sorry for bad spelling, i have dyselexia)

• 5 years later...

Totally a necro by David, but since this question still pops up from time to time in Gen Chat I'll post a serious reply. Someone new who is looking to grind alignment might wander in.

PVP. You gain something like 1500 alignment points per match, at least at max level. I forget now if the alignment gains are less at lower levels. Considering each PVP match is relatively brief you can max out alignment points very quickly just doing warzones daily.

If you're adamant against PVPing, crew skills. Diplomacy is no longer needed and any crew skill will give you alignment gains now, though you'll get more in total running diplomacy. Since nearly all activities in the game now result in alignment games, running crew skills is best paired with another actively like warzones, heroics, flashpoints, ect.

Finally in December and early January the Life Day event will return. It is basically Star Wars Christmas. As part of the event you gain an event currency by throwing snowballs at other players or NPCs. Each time one of the event currency drops (it's a fairly high drop rate, maybe one in three) you gain alignment points based on your character level. IIRC it's over 100 points at max level. The points quickly add up if you're throwing snowballs at everything and everything. I went from LS 1 to maxed out on one character mostly doing that. It's a good way to grind it if you're looking to level alignment while the event is on, and plan to do the event for the decos anyway.

Edited by Aeneas_Falco

I wondered why everyone threw snowballs at me. Now I know, and Ive been playing since Beta LOL TYVM

You're welcome!

The alignment gains only work during the event however when parcels will drop from the Snowballs. If people are hitting you with them outside the Xmas season, they're likely just being goofy. ;)