Game Update 1.7 Developer Blog: Galactic Reputation

CourtneyWoods

I am not sure why people are mentioning repeating content; it appears obvious that it is another form of end-game content hence why it is linked to the new event on Illum, dailies from Section-X and the heroic space missions.

Trying to get us to go back to some of the other content that they created that people have gone away from recently. The only one that might be considered for credit from past completions is finishing the weekly in Section-X.

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Legacy titles? Why not normal titles? Looks like a stupid idea to me.

Nice to get a reason to visit Voss again, but could it also be made possible to get reputation from heroics on Correlia, so that we also have a reason to return there?

Hard mode space missions are only the few new ones? Or could at least the daily for the former highest missions also grand reputation?

Seems like interesting new feature. I assume if there will be rewards then they will probably be really cool gear because otherwise im sure a lot of people wont care for this. But above all im glad they are giving us a reason to return to Voss!! one of my favorite planets of above all! glad i have a reason to return

Mindlessly repeating a small pool of old content is the only way to gain rep? Why? Are people at bioware/ea really sitting around a table thinking this is what players want?

Instead give us a multitude of options. Perhaps these groups need items crafted for them. Treasure hunts across the landscape to find artifacts. Thinning out populations of enemy mobs. 100% completion of planet map/quests. Pvp areas/arenas.

There are a ton of options for making this an interesting addition to the game, but instead its like you sat around thinking of the most boring way to implement rep.

Well... i'm kind of disapointed. I was expecting to see some "hutt" reputation, so we would have a reason to go back to tatooine aside from protect the lowbies from lvl 50 imps =[

Well, it does say: "Players can look forward to us adding more Reputation organizations in the future that will include new and familiar locations!"

So perhaps Tatooine and the Hutts will be in the future.

The very last thing this game required was a faction-grinding system, of all the many alternate progression systems out there in the MMO space this is by far the laziest dirtiest solution & it's so old boring & lacking in imagination.

I'd rather see more sandbox elements make it into the game than tired old ideas like this.

This. I finally dropped my WoW sub due to the insane reputation grind. It'd take nothing short of getting my own planet to incentivize this garbage. Would have been nice if they had spent the development time on something..... better.

Sorry to offend those who enjoy grind.

It is unbelieveably poor marketing to release a blog like this introducing a new grind without even trying to incentivise the community. Sort it out.

Agreed. Once again, "information" that raises more questions than it answers. Poorly written. It should have addressed if it would be retroactive. TBH, there is nothing in the write up presented that would make me go back and regrind old content. Titles? Oh boy! :rolleyes: This is just another WoW clone "end game" solution. We grind reps in WoW now as the end game mechanic for gear, mounts, etc. This isn't new. :cool:

Organization: Republic Fifth Assault Battalion & Imperial First Mobile Fleet

How to Earn Reputation: Hard Mode Space Missions

You just had to cram those abnormally hard missions down our throat didn't you.

Edited by Bugattiboy

You just had to cram those abnormally hard missions down our throat didn't you.

I have to admit there would have to be some amazing rewards in that rep. for me grind through them.

There not nearly fun enough to grind though presently.

Edited by Quraswren

I have to admit there would have to be some amazing rewards in that rep. for me grind through them.

There not nearly fun enough to grind though presently.

I agree, for getting to a certain point for rep is there something to purchase from a vendor say a speeder or new gear or modifications pieces??? if not I do not see my self purposely trying to get these reputations up.

I don't mind the concept of a reputation system. However, I do not like the faction choices available to earn reputation for.

Never mind the fact that SWTOR still needs a third playable faction to make any faction system viable and balanced.

They don't need to show us all the new rewards honestly, all you need to do is find the vendor, go over the list and decide whether whatever is there is worth it, it's not that big a deal. Though I will say the rewards better be compelling otherwise I won't bother with any of them outside of the gree one since I want to see the event for myself, of course I won't bother shortly after if those rewards aren't interesting enough.

I agree, for getting to a certain point for rep is there something to purchase from a vendor say a speeder or new gear or modifications pieces??? if not I do not see my self purposely trying to get these reputations up.

I have no doubt that there is rep rewards at each level of some sort (except maybe the first 2 levels) but I'm talking specifically about space missions.

The rest of the Rep grinds I'm Ok with to be honest. None of them are needed and unlike another MMO, content is not gated behind the rep grinds. There just something extra to do and hopefully there are some neat things at max or even near max rep.

I also like that no matter who we play it advances the rep. So were not tied to just single toons grinding out rep just to do it all over again on your next best alt. That probably means the rep levels are larger but oh well.

However, hard mode space mission, even with the highest level of ship mods are not nearly enjoyable enough to grind through unless the reward is so amazing you felt like you had to do it. If that holds true then that starts another set of problems cause the reward is too good.

I'm starting to think those space missions will have to be changed/adjusted cause right now there just not fun. I know a fair amount of people that like the space missions and still don't do them. There just not enjoyable.

Edited by Quraswren

I haven't posted on these forums for quite a while, but I just wanted to post how thankful I am to Bioware for this particular system.

My wife and I play the game both for a love of the game itself as well as the story. Unfortunately, caring about the story's continuity quickly threatens to run out of content. As much as we love flashpoint stories, you can never really re-do them if you care about the story strictly, as alot of people I know (although admittedly not all) who play the game do. Same thing applies to most all content in the game to the point where it becomes very challenging to level a second character while not doing missions that were actually done by a seperate set of characters.

This particular system appears to be an avenue of play that is "story light" and repeatable with incentive to repeat, which, although story is clearly the game's highlight, is really needed to keep players (like the two of us) who don't wish to non-sensically re-experience story content (or collect rewards whose only purpose is to gear yourself TO repeat story content) busy.

tl;dr - Not wanting to ruin the story by 'redoing' story content, having things like this give me things to keep doing. Thank You. :)

Edited by Jagrevi