stuck in-combat

jedisethjedi

Ok. So i am not sure if this was meant to be this way, but everytime i re-spawn i am stuck in-combat. I am leathilty Ops spec. I am thinking its cuz of my dots, but I do not know for sure. any advice? Thanks all.

Yes it is your DoT's. Expect to be in combat and unable to stealth normally for +30 seconds at a time (assuming it doesn't bug) unless you kill your DoT'ed targets. The only plus to this is that they will be also in-combat for that time, and even if they do use their Vanish/HiPs/Cloak (in-combat stealth) they will be broken out by your DoT's if you've specced far enough into Lethality.

Expect for stealth classes to hate you, expect to be focused as you'll have a single in-combat stealth on a long cooldown and scant defense. You'll have to anticipate targets that need to be CC'ed by mes, and targets that are safe to DoT/setup for burst.

Edited by Belecfaron

I remember when a dev (forgot his name, the rude one) said you can re-enter stealth 7 seconds after the last hostile action, and dots don't count.

tee-hee. liar, liar, pants on fire!

disclaimer: it may not have been 7, but it was there about. Certainly not 20-30, and certainly not even after dying.

This was supposed to be fixed in 1.2 or 1.3. It never was, people have just learned that its part of the class, and respeced or use the abilities that casue it less often, or when its an assured kill.

Its bad when they fire everyone who knows what they are doing.

I'm pretty sure they fixed this with a recent patch. I've played my Lethality Operative for a bit, and although I sometimes get put back into combat upon respawn, it usually only lasts a matter of 1-3 seconds and then fixed again. Even at that I believe it's only when the weaker versions of corrosive grenade and dart are re-applied.

Unfortunately, Lethality has always had this problem, and yes, it is the dots. I really wish they would change this system, because its very detrimental to operatives as a stealth class (snipers as well, but they're only losing their sprint).

No, it's not the dots - or at least it's not only the dots.

I was stuck-in-combat twice last night with a PT in AH - no effects on me. Once it did not clear for about 20 seconds.

Also spawned in-combat on my Mara in HB a few days earlier, again, no effects on me. Cleared after a few seconds.

Was in-combat in Huttball on a Sage as well - for a whole minute (no dot lasts that long). I wasn't attacked, just hiding to get rid of it. But it never cleared on its own until I killed myself in a firepit.

Broken since launch, will never be fixed - moar Cartel Market plox! :p

Edited by Totaltrash

I'm pretty sure they fixed this with a recent patch. I've played my Lethality Operative for a bit, and although I sometimes get put back into combat upon respawn, it usually only lasts a matter of 1-3 seconds and then fixed again. Even at that I believe it's only when the weaker versions of corrosive grenade and dart are re-applied.

Definitely NOT fixed. I get stuck in combat sometimes with my other classes as well but more so on my Op with the second most times on my pyro Merc. I also get back to respawn area with negative affects still on me sometimes. How annoying is it to die and respawn only to have to cleanse/heal before you can get going again.

I think it is a combination of lag dropping notification and DoTs.

Either way it just shows how incompetent these guys are.