Best Crew Skills for Sith Assassin(Tank)?

Berronaxftw

Yeah what's the best crew skills to use as a Sith Assassin tank?

I want something to help me in combat and boost my abilitys ect.. i'm not particulary botherd about crafting my own armor.. because i will get it from bosses anyway.

But i also really want to make quite a fair amount of money ^^.

Taking advantage of my Companions passive bonuses to skills would be nice to.. pref to take advantage of Critical bonuses rather than Efficiency.

Currently have

Slicing 400/400. I like this, the lockboxes earn me a nice proffit. I would prefer to keep this skill over all my others.

Archaeology 383/400. I'm neutral about this.. when i first got it back in the early days of swtor it was an awesome money maker.. plus i guess i like the artifact fragments to get those good gifts.

Underworld Trading 162/400. Same reason as above, when the game was new it was a very good money maker but tbh i don't really like this skill.

So.. what crew skills should i drop / take?

I would say power level biochem(buy mats of GTN) for reusable stims, adrenals and medpacks and keep UT and slicing so you can sell neural augmenters and mandalorian irons on gtn. Both are 8-10k each on my server and I would assume thats standard across all servers. Plus you can sell companion gifts and still get your lockboxes from other missions.

Eventually keep slicing and get diplomacy instead of UT than craft exotech stims.

Personally I went Biochem for my Assassin Tank, but really it comes down to your play style. I've detailed it more in my best crew skill guide, but the inquisitor kinda gets shafted when it comes to crafting, so it comes down to other reasons. It also depends on if you can get access to HK-51 or the ship droid sensors that help with crew skills.

Personally I went Biochem for my Assassin Tank, but really it comes down to your play style. I've detailed it more in my best crew skill guide, but the inquisitor kinda gets shafted when it comes to crafting, so it comes down to other reasons. It also depends on if you can get access to HK-51 or the ship droid sensors that help with crew skills.

Hmmm. so according to your guide i should really just use my Inquisitor as a gathering character?

Seems pretty decent considering the archaeology criticals and stuff

If that's your only character and you want to craft on him, with no critical bonus except from bots it doesn't really matter what you pick... just pick what you like. If you have more then one, you're better off gathering and feeding materials to other characters, or going with the old fallback of Biochem. Artifice is also something to think about as an option as no companion has a critical bonus to Artifice (not including droids). You might not get a bonus, but your no worse then anybody else.

If that's your only character and you want to craft on him, with no critical bonus except from bots it doesn't really matter what you pick... just pick what you like. If you have more then one, you're better off gathering and feeding materials to other characters, or going with the old fallback of Biochem. Artifice is also something to think about as an option as no companion has a critical bonus to Artifice (not including droids). You might not get a bonus, but your no worse then anybody else.

Ok thanks, given me alot to think about xP

i plan on lvling loads of other chars to tho

If i do make pretty much every class, Inquisitor, Bounty hunter, Agent, Warrior ect.. you know what crew skills i should take on each char?

I have 2 inquisitors , after reading your guide.

My first was a tank. He gathers (profiteer). Took Bioanalysis, treasure hunting, and slicing on him. My 2nd took artifice, archaeology, and treasure hunting. The companion bonuses are phenomenal on the inquisitor. I can make literally millions in a week with just these 2 toons.

If i do make pretty much every class, Inquisitor, Bounty hunter, Agent, Warrior ect.. you know what crew skills i should take on each char?

That's pretty much why I made the guide ;) A lot of the time people pick crew skills for their class based on what they can craft first, and the other bonuses second. If your going to have several different characters you can look at things a bit differently. Not only look at what crafting skill is best, but also look at whats the best companion to feed things to your other characters. Vette is great at sending Treasure Hunting materials over to your Artificer, and Vector would be great for Diplomacy items for your Biochem. Just be aware of what levels you need to be to do it... and you could farm materials in one gathering skill till you hit a certain level, and then switch over. All depends on what you like the most.

I have 2 inquisitors , after reading your guide.

My first was a tank. He gathers (profiteer). Took Bioanalysis, treasure hunting, and slicing on him. My 2nd took artifice, archaeology, and treasure hunting. The companion bonuses are phenomenal on the inquisitor. I can make literally millions in a week with just these 2 toons.

The companion bonuses aren't bad on inquisitors, but unfortunately they are bad for a crafting specific skill. The effeciency bonus doesn't make enough of a difference, but some of the critical bonuses are good... like Andronikus and his Slicing crit. In fact, both of my inquisitors have slicing, but I leave my treasure hunting to my warrior. Yes, I could save more time with Talos, but in the end it's going to cost me more money to get the same number of purples that Vette will... and the way I play time isn't an issue. Its great that your making it work your way though... you don't need to really min/max the crafting skill system to make money at it... but... it also doesn't hurt :)

Well my idea is to drop Slicing, take Biochem & keep archaeology & underworld trading for the criticals

then ill make other chars for other crew skills ect

should work right?

Yeah, if your branching out with a bunch of different characters you can do a lot of fun stuff and make it work :)