How does one get a girlfriend into Star Wars

cool-dude

*wave hand and say* You love Star Wars.

If A. she answers "I love Star Wars" she is weakminded and mission succesful.

If B. she laughs at you and mission failed :D

Seriously though, if someone doesn't like something. No matter what you do she won't like it.

Unless she is already into the Scifi genre to begin with, it's probably pretty hopeless. She'd probably be more concerned that you want to be a sith warrior in space waving around a glowstick than spend time with her or working lol.

I know this is going to sound very early morning radio talk show/Dear Abby, but here goes...

If she does not like Star Wars, there is very little you can do to change her mind. And in all honesty you should not try. If you do, chances are you'll end up ending the relationship.

Just because she is your girlfriend does not mean you HAVE to have the exact same likes and dislikes. Yes, it helps if you share more likes than dislikes. Nor do you HAVE to do everything together. Just make sure that you do enough things together to keep both of you happy. If you are spending more time apart than you are together then you both need to re-evaluate the relationship.

You need to use a Jedi Mind Trick on her... no I'm being serious actually. Not the waving your hand bullcrap but you have to talk in stupid female speak.

Tell her some crap about how you really love spending time with her, and you'd really like it if she'd do some star wars gaming, or watch the movies or something of that nature. It may work, it may not but in order to get her into it you need to make it about "us" instead of "you"

Here's the best way.

Meet one already into Star Wars. Then there's no effort involved. ;)

Otherwise, just have her watch the moives with you and explain why you love the stories and characters so much. She just may catch on.

Here's the best way.

Meet one already into Star Wars. Then there's no effort involved. ;)

Otherwise, just have her watch the moives with you and explain why you love the stories and characters so much. She just may catch on.

I don't know how OP could consider a girl who is NOT into starwars as GF material.:(

I still think those who haven't seen Star Wars or hates it, is blasphemy and they should all be burned at the stake. :p

My wife could take or leave Star Wars. But she meets other needs soooooo very well. :D

Find one who's already into sci-fi & gaming. Chances are she'll already be into it, or at least give it a chance. Otherwise just ask her to watch 1 movie with ya....(Empire strikes back is the best option IMO) based on her reaction to it, you'll know if its worth perusing the issue. Just be aware that some chicks would rather watch a musical or some dumb azz reality show than sci-fi.

Copying another thread from a month ago. +15 originality.

But on topic, if anyone honestly has this question, you can't price a girl to like Star Wars, trust me, someone tried to do it do me before I ever got interested....

Tell her to think of it as a way you can bond, and talk/type really easily, eventually she'll get sucked into the Lore like the rest of us, trust me, it happened to me :rolleyes:

I agree that if she is not into it, she is just not into it and that's ok. However:

Communication is key in any relationship. As generic as it sounds, it is true. I think your best shot at getting star wars to spark her interest is to have a discussion about it. You could start by asking her what movies are important to her and ask her why they are important. (be sure to actually listen) Then follow up with telling her why you are into star wars so much and what it means to you. Did it bring a message of hope to you in a dark time? Was it the value of reconciliation and redemption? Did it convey a deep connection to a force larger than yourself? Express whatever it is you feel when you watch the movies and see if maybe she gets it and is willing to try to see for herself the value you see in it.

Good luck, I hope it works out for you. :)

My gf is not into Star wars, let alone Sci-fi at all!

Though she respects my decision if I say Star Wars is one of the greatest movies/game collection i've ever heard of.

I respect the fact she love movies like ''The notebook'' ''Dear John'' Etc.

It's our key to a good relation ship. I do my thing (which is play SWToR and watch the movies each month in 1 day)

And she does her thing. She'll start to understand it slowly about the movies, she's just not into gaming.. but yea, it's hard to get a girl in love with gaming.

But.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.

Through passion, I gain strength.

Through strength, I gain power.

Through power, I gain victory.

Through victory, my chains are broken.

The Force shall free me.

Use that method as a way :D