Starting fresh on a new server. Best way to make credits?

Dabrixmgp

Short of just buying the newly released Cartel Items and selling them for stupid high prices while they are new whats the best way to get cash flow started? Imps are just terrible on my current server and I have tried rerolling to Pub side but I just feel like a traitor. So just going to go to another server. I made most of my credits when I first started by Ilum chest farming with a level 13 while tabbed out playing WoW and just popping back in to loot more chests and got around 5 million in a week doing that. But thats not an option anymore. Should I just take 3 gathering skills like Archy, Bio, and Scavenging until I get 4 companions then drop one skill for slicing and start them running missions while I quest?

An easy way to bring in some cash might be to just run something like underworld trading while you're doing your missions. From there you could choose if you wanted to just sell mats for an income or actually have a craft...different servers have different profits and (mine as example) many times you'd be better off selling mats than making any crafts.

My advice would be pick up:

Slicing

Scavenging

Underworld Trading

Send companions mostly on UT missions, while slicing boxes in the world for credits and scavenging anything you can and selling those (along with your UT rewards) on the GTN.

Feel free to substitute Scavenging with Bioanalysis if those mats sell higher on your server. There's almost always a demand for all grades of scavenging and bio mats on the GTN.

Sending your companions off on Slicing missions at later grades also helps, but usually for the sliced tech parts and not the lockbox missions as the credits you get will often times be roughly the mission cost or sometimes even less. Slicing really shines as a money maker just opening all the open world nodes.

Edited by Nythain

Scavenging + Bioanalysis + anything else you want here (Archy is good, slicing is okay, but I wouldn't do it as your only character on the server, or crew missions. Treasure Hunting has been doing well at 400 buying the missions from the GTN and selling Corusca gems)

1) Get your scavenging high enough to have your idle companion run Jungle Medicine (Bountiful Grade 1 Compounds)

2) Get your bioanalysis high enough to have your idle companion run Mines of Doan (Bountiful Grade 2 Compounds)

3) While you only have the ship droid as your idle companion, favor Mines of Doan over Jungle Medicine, but check your server's prices first.

What you're looking to get is Laminoid and Genetic Anomaly. Laminoid sells for 700-1000 credits each. Genetic Anomaly sells for 800-1500 credits each, depending on server, and current supply available.

4) Higher missions in Bioanalysis yield items that pay very well (Hallucinogenics, Bio-Energy, Nerve-Damaging, etc), but those missions take 10-20 minutes to complete. Mines of Doan is 470 credits, takes less than 5 minutes, and can return up to 12 Genetic Anomaly (if you crit), it's usually like 5 Anomaly and 5 Luminescent. So for a 500 credit and 5 minute investment, you're bringing back a minimum of 2000 credits (when you epic fail and only get 10 luminescents) and a maximum of 18000 credits (assuming you get 12 anomaly and it's selling at 1500. It's usually closer to 1000). I run the higher level bioanalysis missions once I have 3-4 companions and mines of doan is already in-use.

You'll have over 1 million credits by the time you're level 30 (or at least 1m in credits + inventory waiting to be sold)

If you want to be extra crafty, make your 3rd profession Biochem. The reason Genetic Anomaly sells so well is that it's the main ingredient to the lowest level Implants you can make for level 21 characters. I can usually only sell about 20 anomaly at a time (in stacks of 4), and that'll take a couple of hours. If you make the implants, you can effectively double your output (sell 20 anomaly and 4 implants. I usually sell blue level 21 implants at 8k, 9k if it gets an aug slot, 10k for purples, 12k with aug slot)

Edited by GenXCub

Last time I started fresh on a new server, I took bio, scav and slicing.

I hit every node I saw while leveling and made sure to start running missions once I had an extra companion.

I sold everything I collected, including drops, on the GTN.

When posting on the GTN, I looked at other listing for bio and scav, and bought out anything listed at the GTN default price (e.g. grade 2 mats in odd stack size selling for 30 credits or less each).

It didn't take long to amass a good pile of credits which I then used to flip ever more expensive items.

Only after I had a good cushion did I take any crafting skills along with expand my mission skills, and then used my high level character with lots of companions to run missions and craft while moving the pure gathering skills to newly rolled alts.

Edited by DawnAskham

Save up the cushion first then get into crafting. It takes a bit more work finding a niche in the market but pays amazing once you know where to focus. And it costs almost zero time once you have your schematics . No farming or adventiring; just set your crew to craft, goto bed, then sell the crafts the next day.

And having the cushion allows you to Walmart the market if some upstart comes in at 50% your going rate. But them out, then flip them at the standard rate you usually do. The posting fees are so low now that as long as you sell higher than you buy you can make a profit. And although it's impossible to control a market you can coax it a bit higher.

Depends on the material. On Harbigner, I've noticed that the luxury fabrics via underworld trading are horribly underpriced on the GTN, so you won't get good prices for them.

Similar things seem to happen w/sliced tech parts via slicing. There are periods where they're being sold for ridiculously low prices (as in, if someone bought them the seller would still be losing money) so you might have trouble selling those too. I did buy up the ultra-cheap ones a few weeks ago and have been selling them for the default cost, but it's going slowly because people keep selling them ultra-cheap.

Bleagh.

That's what I did on my latest toon. That's the stuff I am constantly out of for all my crafting operations. I figured I'd use him to feed his own raw materials, and sell the left overs (yea right!).

My advice would be pick up:

Slicing

Scavenging

Underworld Trading

Send companions mostly on UT missions, while slicing boxes in the world for credits and scavenging anything you can and selling those (along with your UT rewards) on the GTN.

Feel free to substitute Scavenging with Bioanalysis if those mats sell higher on your server. There's almost always a demand for all grades of scavenging and bio mats on the GTN.

Sending your companions off on Slicing missions at later grades also helps, but usually for the sliced tech parts and not the lockbox missions as the credits you get will often times be roughly the mission cost or sometimes even less. Slicing really shines as a money maker just opening all the open world nodes.

Depends on the material. On Harbigner, I've noticed that the luxury fabrics via underworld trading are horribly underpriced on the GTN, so you won't get good prices for them.

Similar things seem to happen w/sliced tech parts via slicing. There are periods where they're being sold for ridiculously low prices (as in, if someone bought them the seller would still be losing money) so you might have trouble selling those too. I did buy up the ultra-cheap ones a few weeks ago and have been selling them for the default cost, but it's going slowly because people keep selling them ultra-cheap.

Bleagh.

Slicing parts aren't any good except the max level purple slicing parts. I have hundreds of slicing parts and I assume people who are dumping them on gtm are probably only running missions for the purple parts. That's why the blue level slicing parts are cheap. The purple slicing parts aren't worth buying since if you do that math comes out about the same cost of buying an already made lvl 49 augment. However, some player may only need like 1 purple part and don't want to wait on slicing mission to get one. Thus, the reason purple slicing parts have a high price.

Edited by Knockerz

Slicing

Although Slicing missions were nerfed badly ( I made about 2 million during the first few weeks when Swtor launched on a low level character )

When you played Imperial, do you remember that Aldar (spell?) fortress on Alderaan?

As a Republic character, ALL the NPC's in there are friendly and there's even a flight path to it :D

You can circle the side of the fortress that Imperial players have missions and get all (or most) of the slicing nodes without fighting and before any Imperial (cause they usually have to fight to get it), and make roughly 50k an hour.

When I played on a different server, I made a Republic character, and as soon as I got my Starship I headed to Alderaan! (also good idea to get your Slicing skill up a bit )

This was a while back when most of the Strong mobs (now) were Elites before, so I would always get to the Slicing nodes first...

After a few deaths (being like Level 15 and a aggro magnet there) , I got the fight path to the Aldar Fortress and started my Slicing run, laughing at the Imperials who had to fight their way to get them :p

Edited by nattodaisuki

Last time I started fresh on a new server, I took bio, scav and slicing.

I hit every node I saw while leveling and made sure to start running missions once I had an extra companion.

I sold everything I collected, including drops, on the GTN.

When posting on the GTN, I looked at other listing for bio and scav, and bought out anything listed at the GTN default price (e.g. grade 2 mats in odd stack size selling for 30 credits or less each).

It didn't take long to amass a good pile of credits which I then used to flip ever more expensive items.

Only after I had a good cushion did I take any crafting skills along with expand my mission skills, and then used my high level character with lots of companions to run missions and craft while moving the pure gathering skills to newly rolled alts.

this is one of the best ways to start with brand new toons on a new server and any subsequent alts

wait to craft when you have a 50 or two in the stables to make use of scores of companions and some nice capital