Sentinel vs Marauder?

JeiTeOo

Meh I actually think the sentinel moves look cooler, more acrobatic and fluid, where marauders win out with better lookig armor

Ya I agree, the sentinals moves do look better IMO. I tried lvling a maurader after my sentinal and didnt like the skill animations as much

The only issue I have is that Sentinels use burn as DOT, while Marauders use bleed as DOT, the latter doesn't make any sense with lightsabers.

And so now I roll with vibroswords. :p

Obi-Wan cuts off Ponda Baba's arm in ANH, you can see it bleeding on the floor; Luke cuts off the wampa's arm in ESB, you can see blood from it; when Obi-Wan slashes through Darth Maul in TPM, you can see a red mist spray up from it. Lightsabers do NOT instantly cauterize wounds, but bleeding in the movies is kept to a minimum for ratings reasons. Bleed damage makes perfect sense.

Difference:

One is Empire, therefor is Bioware's god child. They have cooler looking armor, better story lines, more fun quests, smoother and better looking animations, interesting companions, and better worlds to play on.

One is Republic. Bioware never intended there to be a Republic originally, it was an afterthought. It has clunky and dumb looking animations, a mediocre story, worlds that look half complete, quests that are either bugged or bland(or both), boring companions, and armor that looks absolutely atrocious.

Choose wisely, young one.

Difference:

One is Empire, therefor is Bioware's god child. They have cooler looking armor, better story lines, more fun quests, smoother and better looking animations, interesting companions, and better worlds to play on.

One is Republic. Bioware never intended there to be a Republic originally, it was an afterthought. It has clunky and dumb looking animations, a mediocre story, worlds that look half complete, quests that are either bugged or bland(or both), boring companions, and armor that looks absolutely atrocious.

Choose wisely, young one.

Other than the word "Difference" at the top, not a single word in this post is accurate. Well done.

The only issue I have is that Sentinels use burn as DOT, while Marauders use bleed as DOT, the latter doesn't make any sense with lightsabers.

The marauder charges his lightsaber with the force in such a way that it doesn't cauterize the wound, just as the Sentinel charges his lightsaber with the force in such a way that it makes people catch on fire.

Aspiring Knight's gear set looks pretty cool, imo.

Aspiring Knight's is amazing. I have it on my sent and I refuse to get rid of it.

A lot of Empire armor is actually pretty awful-looking, and some of it looks flat-out ridiculous. The reason you might see more people not wearing that awful armor while you're playing on or against the Empire is most people refuse to be caught dead in them. There are a few sets on both sides that look really cool, with most of it looking like crap (Warrior's Pulsing Headgear), so neither side really has an advantage here.

Edited by Vid-szhite

• 1 year later...

I can't really speak for Sentinel , but I can say this . SW's probably have the 'second' best Story in SW;TOR and this made it very easy for me to decide btw Sent/Mara . I made a Mara after Jug , just to see the LS 'story' progression (and it was worth it , at least for me.) . Now , Animation wise , Sent got some pretty 'b a d a s s' Animation's , imho , but I prefer the 'brutality' of the Mara . Companion wise , Mara hands down , You get Vette and Jaesa , what you want more ;( .

Another major role , was Warzones (for me) , I can't enjoy the 'lowbie' WZs on the REP side as much as on the IMP side . Even tho I prefer a more 'challenging' type of PvP (You'll get this on the REP side) , but sometimes I just want to enjoy the on-going match , with out having to 'think' for others as well .

I'M NOT TALKING ANYONE DOWN NOR TRYING TO MAKE THE REP SIDE LOOK 'BAD or BORING' !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's my opinion , someone else might see it different .

Edited by ahzecklawd

Personally i prefer the Marauder animations and sound effect, even if early on i realized that a lot of the Mara animations are the same as the LOTRO Champion.

-Mara has force scream...which is pretty much you growling at people. Jedi equivalent is just another saber swing with a cheesy sound effect.

-The weapon swings all look like they rely on brute force rather then fancy sword play. Compare Slash with the the Sentinels equivalent. Slash you just take both of your sabers and do a dual overhead slash. Sentinel do that twirly move which i hate. It's like watching the Obi Wan/Qui Gon and Darth Maul duel. Obi Wan would spin one way and slash, spin the other way and slash. I dont even care if thats how the books and novels say that this is how the atarushienyoda fighting discipline works, it just looks stupid especially when you overdo it.

-Ravage is also pretty simply, spin in place and wind up for a big overhead slash. Sentinel have some weird underarm, behind the back, no look stab followed up by a charging slash. Just like the twirly move, the spinning behind the back move just looks lame but the second part with the charging slash...if you are too close to your target you always run through them.

-Lastly, the Jedi get Force Stasis and the Sith Warrior gets Force Choke. Force Stasis versus Force Choke...Force Yawn Stasis versus Force Freaking Choke. Force look at you you're in a bubble Stasis and Force look at me i'm Darth Vader and you're a backtalking Admiral Choke. yahhh

• 3 weeks later...
Sentinel gets a healer first.

No body is a better healer then Quinn ;)

And if you asked me, Dark-side Male Marauder seems to be the one story in the game that feels like it could be the most official lore. You get the best dialogue, the two best romance options in the game, you push the furthest into the timeline, and you end up becoming the strongest character in the game lore wise (and we've been the best dps class for the last five patches, it's amazing).

Your gonna have the best ride playing a marauder so let us know how much your enjoying it! :D

SO far what I have seen of the JK looked far more epic than what I have seen from SW. I have seen the ending of Chapter 2 with JK, and am on Tatooine with Mara. Mara seems to parallel Consular more than Knight, at least right now. At a glance, I like JK's crew more though not the romance options, with cooler characters. Romance options for both are uninspiring for me. Not that I don't like characters, I do, just not as romances. Edited by DomiSotto