Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

Monoth

Move to a server with more frequent pops then. I never see this happen on PoT5. I guess we just have players that are good enough that this type of thing isn't necessary. If you are playing at weird times, then sure, it would be really easy to do this, but otherwise you'd probably spend more time waiting for a warzone that everyone gets in than actually playing the game.

I'm on P05 and I see it happen all the time....so maybe YOU should check then. Imp premades and semi premades stomp through the queue from about 8pm to midnight.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm on P05 and I see it happen all the time....so maybe YOU should check then. Imp premades and semi premades stomp through the queue from about 8pm to midnight.

You may want to consider fully reading a conversation before stepping in. I'm not saying that there aren't premades running on PoT5. What I'm saying is that I've never seen more than 4 in a regular warzone during reasonable hours of play. If you queue at 5am server time and they happen to have 6 people queuing, then I'm sure that there may be circumstances where someone takes advantage. At the same time though, I've queued with friends before and ended up on the opposite team from some guildies. The next warzone we all got pops at the same time, went into the same map and were in completely different warzones. Random is random sometimes so i'm not saying it can't happen, but it certainly isn't a practice that I have witnessed firsthand.

Okay, I have to add a personal experience from today. It was PvP day in my guild and since we had 5 people, we decided to sync queues, so maybe the 5th person (whom we rotated after each match) could fight with or against us. However, for 4 warzones (until someone left) both our group and our guild members' solo queue popped at the same time. We thought it was the same match but they turned out to be different ones.

Here's what I wouldn't believe unless I had seen it with my own eyes: each time our 4man group ended up being matched with another 4man premade and the solo player ended up in a different warzone in a pure PuG group. And the warzones popped at exactly the same *********** time! In four consecutive warzones!

We kept fighting PuGs as 2 premades and whoever ended up in the PuG team kept fighting premades! Is that what they call match-making? Deliberately grouping premades against PuGs? Now I saw the proof with my own eyes of just how broken the current grouping system is. This needs a fix yesterday!

Edited by CommanderKeeva

not sure if youre playing dumb or really dont know....

is quite common and not really hard to do. like on sat and sundays on shadowlands, a number of pvp guilds will make a couple 4 man groups and also have a bunch solo que so they can end up with more than 4 in a WZ.

it happens nightly on the shadowlands ;)

Uhm... dont see your point. The idea is to prevent Pro farmming Casual. By control the total expertise they could have, we can control the gap. Event if the WH gear will be nerf, the gap will still be there for Pro to gang on New/Casual player

there will not be a big enough gap for this to be usefull, you will have recruit then WH, EWH adds next to nothing. It's gonna make a big difference and you still want more?

there will not be a big enough gap for this to be usefull, you will have recruit then WH, EWH adds next to nothing. It's gonna make a big difference and you still want more?

Uhm..... You're trying to play innocent ? Let's see they nerf the stat for WH and just to be safe EWH, anyone think this is a bad idea ? Before when expertise were not as much of a big deal in pvp like today. People can use mods in pvp gear + armoring in pve, there wont be much differences between using pve gear in pvp. Anyway let's put that aside, nerf the expertise of WH and EWH the gap is still there. Whether it is useful or not does not fix the problem that High gear try to farm of low gear like a parasite.

My Idea - Ranking Expertise preventing group with certain expertise point will join non-ranked - will make sure that Those high gear group will never ever farm low gear again.

Uhm..... You're trying to play innocent ? Let's see they nerf the stat for WH and just to be safe EWH, anyone think this is a bad idea ? Before when expertise were not as much of a big deal in pvp like today. People can use mods in pvp gear + armoring in pve, there wont be much differences between using pve gear in pvp. Anyway let's put that aside, nerf the expertise of WH and EWH the gap is still there. Whether it is useful or not does not fix the problem that High gear try to farm of low gear like a parasite.

My Idea - Ranking Expertise preventing group with certain expertise point will join non-ranked - will make sure that Those high gear group will never ever farm low gear again.

So punish the people who have good gear by not letting them into WZs? No.

Not much of a deviation from the original point of this thread which is "let's punish the good people who want to play together, by not giving them anyone to play against". I think it's a book, from the same author that wrote the classic "I want to compete, as long as I don't have to lose."

This thread got boring 165 pages ago. 1.6 = Gear gap practically gone. I can't wait. Because then at least everyone that posts something about separating premades and pugs will have nothing to reference except the disparity in skill.

Edited by criminalheretic

Not much of a deviation from the original point of this thread which is "let's punish the good people who want to play together, by not giving them anyone to play against". I think it's a book, from the same author that wrote the classic "I want to compete, as long as I don't have to lose."

This thread got boring 165 pages ago. 1.6 = Gear gap practically gone. I can't wait. Because then at least everyone that posts something about separating premades and pugs will have nothing to reference except the disparity in skill.

You dont see the big picture do you ? Those that high gear can still purchase low gear to join WZ. For example: you have WH+aug gear, why do you need pvp com for ? you can still purchase BM to join in normal WZ. Beside this will increase the number of people joining ranked Wz since if they can't gang on normal WZ they will have to queue on Rank WZ.

P/s: there is no such thing gear gap gone. How can they reduce pvp gear gap ? reduce expertise ? or reducing the effect of expertise on WH and EWH gears ? If so, they also have to reduce stat on pve. Cause this will allow pve equip some what equal to pvp. And the gap is still there. My way will eliminate the gap and all those parasites along with it.

the disparity in skill? are you saying it takes skill for a premade to ROFL stomp a pug?

@DoomsDayComes: Very good suggestions on playing your sniper, whether you win or not you seem to understand tactics. That's what I care about. I don't care if we get pwned by people just want people to do the best the can do.

@NoFishing: I'm sorry that you were expecting to 1v1 someone and win. Like yea ok so you were defending and dying, if you make a call before you die and use CC to delay them then good on you. If you decided to fight and not make call and get 2 shotted, who's fault is that?

Dont think Recruit Gear = terrible = dont try then if thats the case dont PvP. Cause thats the wrong attitude to begin with. I had a worser time than most of you lot cause when I was a level 20 sith sorc healer, I had to go against the really OP Trooper back in the 1.2 day where their Grav Shell could hit hard, and was worser with More Troopers shooting at you. Did it suck? yea. Was it painful? Hell yea. What did I do about it? Learn to LOS, interrupt, CC and try to delay them from firing that grav shell spam forcing him to come after me or not to fight me.

As for Deserters let them leave, because if they suck they leave, the good players stick around and fight hard. But I guess you learnt that Deserting is the best way to farm comms amirite?

I dont admit being a great PvPer but I dont just sit there whinge about gear and cry a river.

@pixieish: As for your sarcasm all I see on this thread is Bioware to do something. But this has turned the damn game into a RageSmashlol game. When you nerf that you know it'd be the rise of snipers, what nerf them too? What about Assassins? Nerf them too. OMG everyone is OP nerf them all. Hey why you are all at it, why dont you tell them gear is OP so that purple gear is like wearing white gear with no + bonuses.

Hey let's go further, why dont we all become 1 class with 1 button which is auto-attack and see which mutha trucker kicks muther trucking ***!!!

@CommanderKeeva: If you get a Premade fine, if I get my *** kicked repeatedly fine. More power to you. If you can get a 24/7 premade then you must be king awesome, cause I sure cant always get my premades, but I do my best PuGGing or Premade. Losing sucks but its part of the damn game.

Now yes I agree some ideas are fine I realize commando's are bad but let's face the past of what happened, commando's 1.2 and before were so OP it wasnt funny, I remembered 1 WZ with 8 Troopers ripping apart teams left right and center because they were doing nearly 5+k Grav SPams and there was little to nothing people could do. Having 40 debuffs of Armor penetration on you is like you walking in PvP naked and getting shot by a BFG9000 in your face. That wasnt fun so they nerfed it. Now what I disagree on the nerf was that it simply needed to nerf the armor penetration.

But you PvPers whinge so hard that it got a massive nerf. Just like operatives too, they got nerfed a few times, they still hard but they definitely not the OP class as Juggs/Mara's are in or PT's. Hell I'm surprised no Assassin or Snipers are OP (but they can freaking hit hard too).

==================================

I dont expect wins, I dont expect everything to be handed to me cause I got full war hero. I expect people giving effort to win. Period, I dont care about how undergeared you are (it sucks I know) but if you show fight, I'll stick by you. Win or lose its fun playing with people that want to win.

Premades are in all shapes and sizes, but to blame premades beating you up is like saying Zorn and Toth is OP nerf them because they kick my groups *** in HM EC. So let's make everything fair. But WZ when the hell is it fair? I mean i get damage taken 600k average against premades, should I get a buff for being whacked so hard?

Sheesh.

Okay, I have to add a personal experience from today. It was PvP day in my guild and since we had 5 people, we decided to sync queues, so maybe the 5th person (whom we rotated after each match) could fight with or against us. However, for 4 warzones (until someone left) both our group and our guild members' solo queue popped at the same time. We thought it was the same match but they turned out to be different ones.

Here's what I wouldn't believe unless I had seen it with my own eyes: each time our 4man group ended up being matched with another 4man premade and the solo player ended up in a different warzone in a pure PuG group. And the warzones popped at exactly the same *********** time! In four consecutive warzones!

We kept fighting PuGs as 2 premades and whoever ended up in the PuG team kept fighting premades! Is that what they call match-making? Deliberately grouping premades against PuGs? Now I saw the proof with my own eyes of just how broken the current grouping system is. This needs a fix yesterday!

Granted that matchmaking in this game is either terrible or nonexistent, but why wouldn't you just have one group of 3 and one group of 2? Friends don't let friends solo queue.

Granted that matchmaking in this game is either terrible or nonexistent, but why wouldn't you just have one group of 3 and one group of 2? Friends don't let friends solo queue.

the matchmaking just takes first players that queue on both sides. It does not look at any possible player stats or anything like that. If it looked then we wouldn't have same faction of 8 healers vs non-healing teams.

For the first two matches, we assumed he would end up in the same warzone anyway. Since Rep vs Rep matches on our server are virtually nonexistent, we figured whoever queued solo would be on our team.

When we saw what the case was after two matches, we just wanted to test how stupid the system is.

@DoomsDayComes: Very good suggestions on playing your sniper, whether you win or not you seem to understand tactics. That's what I care about. I don't care if we get pwned by people just want people to do the best the can do.

@NoFishing: I'm sorry that you were expecting to 1v1 someone and win. Like yea ok so you were defending and dying, if you make a call before you die and use CC to delay them then good on you. If you decided to fight and not make call and get 2 shotted, who's fault is that?

Dont think Recruit Gear = terrible = dont try then if thats the case dont PvP. Cause thats the wrong attitude to begin with. I had a worser time than most of you lot cause when I was a level 20 sith sorc healer, I had to go against the really OP Trooper back in the 1.2 day where their Grav Shell could hit hard, and was worser with More Troopers shooting at you. Did it suck? yea. Was it painful? Hell yea. What did I do about it? Learn to LOS, interrupt, CC and try to delay them from firing that grav shell spam forcing him to come after me or not to fight me.

As for Deserters let them leave, because if they suck they leave, the good players stick around and fight hard. But I guess you learnt that Deserting is the best way to farm comms amirite?

I dont admit being a great PvPer but I dont just sit there whinge about gear and cry a river.

@pixieish: As for your sarcasm all I see on this thread is Bioware to do something. But this has turned the damn game into a RageSmashlol game. When you nerf that you know it'd be the rise of snipers, what nerf them too? What about Assassins? Nerf them too. OMG everyone is OP nerf them all. Hey why you are all at it, why dont you tell them gear is OP so that purple gear is like wearing white gear with no + bonuses.

Hey let's go further, why dont we all become 1 class with 1 button which is auto-attack and see which mutha trucker kicks muther trucking ***!!!

@CommanderKeeva: If you get a Premade fine, if I get my *** kicked repeatedly fine. More power to you. If you can get a 24/7 premade then you must be king awesome, cause I sure cant always get my premades, but I do my best PuGGing or Premade. Losing sucks but its part of the damn game.

Now yes I agree some ideas are fine I realize commando's are bad but let's face the past of what happened, commando's 1.2 and before were so OP it wasnt funny, I remembered 1 WZ with 8 Troopers ripping apart teams left right and center because they were doing nearly 5+k Grav SPams and there was little to nothing people could do. Having 40 debuffs of Armor penetration on you is like you walking in PvP naked and getting shot by a BFG9000 in your face. That wasnt fun so they nerfed it. Now what I disagree on the nerf was that it simply needed to nerf the armor penetration.

But you PvPers whinge so hard that it got a massive nerf. Just like operatives too, they got nerfed a few times, they still hard but they definitely not the OP class as Juggs/Mara's are in or PT's. Hell I'm surprised no Assassin or Snipers are OP (but they can freaking hit hard too).

==================================

I dont expect wins, I dont expect everything to be handed to me cause I got full war hero. I expect people giving effort to win. Period, I dont care about how undergeared you are (it sucks I know) but if you show fight, I'll stick by you. Win or lose its fun playing with people that want to win.

Premades are in all shapes and sizes, but to blame premades beating you up is like saying Zorn and Toth is OP nerf them because they kick my groups *** in HM EC. So let's make everything fair. But WZ when the hell is it fair? I mean i get damage taken 600k average against premades, should I get a buff for being whacked so hard?

Sheesh.

Well both Assassins and Snipers have decent survivability. Assassins can Force Speed away or use Force Cloak if they're in a tight situation. Snipers cannot be jumped in the first place and have many different tools (Ambush KB, Cover Pulse, Leg Shot, Flash Grenade) to keep melee at bay.

I would say that it"s a bit silly that hybrid tankasins can do more damage than certain full DPS trees, especially if they're wearing top gear, but that's something I would leave for more qualified people to judge.

I will, however, say that in BiS gear, my Grav Round crits average in the 3k range. Maybe 4,1 once in a million times if it's an extremely lucky crit. But I've never been able to go even near 5k not to mention 5+ three times in a row. And that is in WH with EWH weapons and BiS Dread Guard Gear.

My commando wasn't 50, when 1.2 came out but considering that 8 months after in infinitely better gear we can't even go near those numbers, a streak of 5+k grav round crits seems far fetched.

Edited by CommanderKeeva

This is a major bug in the matchmaking system if its true; and a lot of people might call for a refund on the box price for system-imposed ganking.

That sounds hard to believe, but knowing all the huge bugs in the queue system I'm not even surprised. Sometimes when we're queue matching with another team or a soloer we both get the pop at the same time, everyone sees a Civil War loading screen... and we end up in completely different Civil Wars.

I'm gonna start keeping lists of who I'm facing from here on, but so far in my experience my team usually ends up facing another premade. Even if we're queue-matching in-guild we end up fighting guildies more often than not. If we end up having a double premade on our side (either our own guys or one of the other guilds) it's pretty certain that the other side has a few premades as well. Personally I enjoy the games we play against the big name guilds the most. It seems to me that we get premade-vs-pugs only on slow queue hours, in the evenings we are matched against other groups pretty much all the time.

It's just that.. well, not all premades are equal. Last week my 4-man team faced a Rep 4-man several times in a row, and they must have been the most casual players I've ever seen in level 50 pvp, fielding a commando in 10k health and so on. Beating them the first time wasn't fun, and after a few times I logged to do lowbie because it just got boring. I really hope they'll add better match-making soon :x

They don't need to post anything in this thread.

Pretty much this.

They said they are going to improve matchmaking. From the sounds of it, addressing it at all will be an improvement. I'd be willing to bet you get 4 mans teamed with 4 mans by the system now trying to pop queues as quickly as possible by taking the shortest route to having an 8 man team. Nothing make 8 easier than 2 teams of 4.

regardless of what the BW is thinking with the combined ques atm, if they dont find some way in a hurry to make it more enjoyable for the solo que ppl (ie casuals), the game will go slowly die to attrition or go poof when any kind of decent new mmo comes out. Not sure Id be comfortable if I was BW living on the hopes that nothing mmo wise makes it down the line to release. Thankfully a new beta has opened and Ill be out of here when the acct timer is up (tho according to BW Ill be an active f2p acct still).

I have absolutely no idea what posts of mine you think you are responding to. I am pretty sure I have NEVER said, or even indicated, that I expect to win 1v1s. Hell, I play a commando and sage, the two squishiest classes in PvP generally. I actually *expect* to lose most 1v1s, especially against melee and stealthers.

I also don't think 1v1s are very interesting to look at. I don't PvP to deathmatch. I play for the goal-oriented teamwork.

Also, "unotrite", I don't desert matches. Even ones I backfill into that are already a 3-cap, or ACW 2-cap down more than 2:1, I stick around and at least try to make a difference.

If there are so many Premades against you.... your chance to get Premades on your side should be really good!

If only that were the case, I'd really have no complaint. But my experience on pub-side Harbinger is something close to 1 in 50 getting a premade on my side vs being in a complete (or nearly complete) pug group against at least 1 premade. It is rare for me to see even 3 people from the same guild in the solo queue during prime time.

I accept that other servers and factions may have better experiences, but I'm not really interested in re-rolling on another server or faction.