Guild Ships and Guild Planets, A MUST.

WizardsDestiny

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no to the planet, big Big BIG yes to the ships, its sad seeing the class quest ships and the theoretika from the hk-51 quest series just sitting there, we should be allowed to buy a super dreadnaugt if were a sith lord( or otherwise). that is much more canocal than our itty bitty fighter with our 5 little minions on it. i want my guild ship with my imperial lackies numbering in the hundreds! and i wouldn't mind paying for it because this is a expansion that is a GAME CHANGER for Tor if it happens./signed

that would be awsome... wouldnt count on the devs to involve this anytime soon or at all... but i could see guilds able to purchase ships with money than can use guild rated ratings or pve progress to unlock things. now this ship certanly cant be big but maybe 3-4 time larger than a personal ship..., planets no way, but to ne able to pick wich planet ur ship stays by would be sick

Guild ships - yes!

Guild planets - No!

...maybe, a guild office/room/whatever (you can pick on which planet) that you can decorate with Republic or Imperial symbols, computers, droids...

I won't lie, it is not really a must. First, I would like to see my character having an apartment on some of the planets where you can invite other players and discuss Empire/Republic stuff, maybe play some games, romance your companion, sleep to get a buff for HP regeneration increased, do some researches, have a computer that opens codex entry so it looks like your character is learning about the history, set bounties, have secret rituals... Think I would go for Nar Shadaa or Kaas City. Wow, i would like that. :p

Agreed, this isn't a dire "must" and I really really don't see Guild Planets happening at all as it would kind of require a completely different build then what they are currently using when creating/designing Worlds.

Oh, and your Apartment Idea, could be applied to the Player's own Ship. Would it be nice to have a World Side Apartment, sure but if it were to ever happen, I see it happening along the lines of how EQ2 does their Housing.

With Bounties, it would probably have to be NPC Only and relegated to Bounty Hunters as Player Bounties would be problematic if it was only available to Bounty Hunters [ie the Profession that normally hunts Bounties].

• 4 weeks later...

The game is not dying and this isn't A MUST.

I've been playing the entire time and never once have I nor my guild felt that Guild Ships, let alone Guild Planets, are A MUST.

It's hard to take any posters seriously when they make outrageous proclamations and 'facts' about the state of the game without actually being privy to any such information.

I play every day and have no trouble finding people to play with and do missions and enjoy myself. Maybe all you doomsayers just aren't doing it right so all you do is come here and try and tear the place down.

I've been playing the entire time and never once have I nor my guild felt that Guild Ships, let alone Guild Planets, are A MUST.

It's hard to take any posters seriously when they make outrageous proclamations and 'facts' about the state of the game without actually being privy to any such information.

I play every day and have no trouble finding people to play with and do missions and enjoy myself. Maybe all you doomsayers just aren't doing it right so all you do is come here and try and tear the place down.

Well, I agree that the game isn't dieing, but the game does, in my opinion, need guild ships. Guild planets are less reasonable, as I and other people have stated before.

Developing a portion of the game (Guild Planets) to give away for free when they are charging us for a single planet shorty definitely seems like a reasonable idea.

/yeah, no

However, the Guild Ships idea is simple and relatively straight-forward. I give that feature a year before it shows up.:p

...now if only I could muster up the care-ing-ness required to join a guild :cool:

:D

Come take a trip to the AP Servers. You will actually struggle to find people to play with.

A 'must' for people like you who take it way too literally, doesn't actually mean it's a necessity. It's a figure of speech which is inclining it's a very good idea, and one which would help boost the game.

• 1 month later...

Guild Planet...NO.

I would say guilds need space stations and/or Skyhooks. Possibly Capital Ships.

I also believe there needs to be something in endgame for solo players. That being said solo's could build frigates or asteroid bases, possibly even capital ships (with A LOT of time invested).

Frigates, Capital Ships, and/or Asteroid Bases for solo's or small guilds.

Larger guilds could focus on Capital Ships, Skyhooks, and/or Space Stations.

Make the end game PvE and PvP help players to then build these itmes and use them for end game activities like Operations, Heroic Space Combat, Warzones, etc.

I'm honestly tired and in a tl;dr kind of mood so going off of what I saw in the title..

Guild planets, no. I understand why we'd want them but housing isn't implemented so really there's no point unless it's a civilization V knockoff and the city grows/adds preset structures in preset places as the guild grows.

However, I highly agree with a guild ship but let's take it a step further because I feel a guild ship would be much more suited for an open-space zone, like in SWG. For TOR, I think a space station would be much cooler.

That's really my only suggestion. Either way, /signed

Letting guilds drive more community involvement in the game is great.

I would love to see this.

It'd be great to see more Guild mechanics in the game which are external. Guild alliances, rivalries and so on would give more incentive to join a guild- some of my guildies want titles for their ranks, etc, or a flag to wield; an item unique to the guild which each guild can design. Harder, but not a bad idea. As well as, of course, Guild ships.

I agree on Guild ships, the concept is great and sounds like fun. Guild planets on the other hand might be a bit far fetched imho, sounds almost like an entire different game to me, but yes, I do get the idea, but I still think it's a bit far fetched.

My personal summary:

• Guild ships: Yes please !
  • Guild planets: Later perhaps.

I can see the guild ships working, however the guild planets would probably be a no.

I can't even see guild ships working.. Other than giving us a place to all stand around with our guildmates, what is the point or purpose??

It just seems like a lot of effort for something that really would have no purpose.. :)