To taunt bads or not to taunt bads?

Grimmjon

So I was doing some low lvl pvp earlier today and my team had a bunch of bads. They were playing like crap and I proceeded to taunt them and say stuff like they might be better off as dog food. I was top dmg and didn't get a single MVP vote. Who's in the wrong here? Clearly them but I'd like your opinions.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You were in the right. Bads actually respond better to taunting, they are not like educated men of reason such as you and I. You cannot talk about things like tactics and keybindings without expecting to get anything but blank stares and gallons of drool from the bads. The only way to make these beasts productive is to insult them, watch them become enraged, and then point them in the direction of the enemy. Is it optimal? No. But it is the best we can do with these sub-humans. Edited by physiology

People who complain about bad players are usually the source themselves. It's particularly funny when the guys complaining don't even put up good leaderboards numbers. Yes putting up good leadeboards don't necessarily mean you're good, but it's alwyas amusing to see someone fail to break 100K in any category and wasn't solo defending tell you about his intangible contribution, or rather invisible contribution.

Lowbie bracket so srs. Why aren't you playing ranked/55 if you're so good as to **** on new players heads? Oh that's right you're probably a baddie too.
It's somewhat of a misconception that all good players must participate in rateds. Being forced to schedule game time, play the same two teams over and over again in what most likely will be a 20 minute stalemate. Even pugging normals is more fun than that.

It's somewhat of a misconception that all good players must participate in rateds. Being forced to schedule game time, play the same two teams over and over again in what most likely will be a 20 minute stalemate. Even pugging normals is more fun than that.

Yepper.

So I was doing some low lvl pvp earlier today and my team had a bunch of bads. They were playing like crap and I proceeded to taunt them and say stuff like they might be better off as dog food. I was top dmg and didn't get a single MVP vote. Who's in the wrong here? Clearly them but I'd like your opinions.

I think you're poking fun at the children who think this way. Clever, and funny. I applaud your satire.

People who complain about bad players are usually the source themselves. It's particularly funny when the guys complaining don't even put up good leaderboards numbers. Yes putting up good leadeboards don't necessarily mean you're good, but it's alwyas amusing to see someone fail to break 100K in any category and wasn't solo defending tell you about his intangible contribution, or rather invisible contribution.

There are some games though, where you're over 400k and the next guy on your team is like 70k and you can't help but ask why these people won't stop queuing and wasting everyone's time. I'm sorry but in 1.7, 70k was embarassing, in 2.0 its like afking. Maybe just using basic attack? I don't even know *HOW* you get 70k as a DPS spec.

Will calling them badides make them better? Probably not, but if you're that awful please stop queuing and go try a practice dummy or train up the rest of the skills your class has or pick an advanced spec or try using a weapon or figure out what other problem you're having.

Edited by dcgregorya

There are some games though, where you're over 400k and the next guy on your team is like 70k and you can't help but ask why these people won't stop queuing and wasting everyone's time. I'm sorry but in 1.7, 70k was embarassing, in 2.0 its like afking. Maybe just using basic attack? I don't even know *HOW* you get 70k as a DPS spec.

Will calling them badides make them better? Probably not, but if you're that awful please stop queuing and go try a practice dummy or train up the rest of the skills your class has or pick an advanced spec or try using a weapon or figure out what other problem you're having.

Yeah there are games I do like more damage than the next top 3 guys put together and I'm not even sure how that's possible even accounting for the fact people are quitting left and right. But I don't think calling them is the answer. We need matchmaking and people who are bad should play other players who are bad and then the problem is solved.

Bravo on the satire point. But to the others:

Low level pvp is for those who have no clue what they are doing, but hell, at least they had the decency to learn before hitting level cap unlike many. I wish we had some form of tutorial match for them for each WZ. (I know having to explain AH to them...their experience with the zone was lackluster and didn't care for it at all)

you give em a few levels, group up with some that seem to perform better...and boom rockin' low bracket in time to hit 30. by all means teach instead of yell, kinda that teach a man to fish proverb....

I'm sorry but in 1.7, 70k was embarassing, in 2.0 its like afking. Maybe just using basic attack? I don't even know *HOW* you get 70k as a DPS spec.

yesterday for the first time i tryed to play a dps spec..first time ever.

1st with 300k damage, 160k heals 14 medals...

now what the **** is happening when my best dps in a pug goes barely over 200k? what are they doing? it's not like i read all threads about sorc dps or studied a rotation...

You and only you, arrogant creature! :rolleyes:

I often get called a baddie, even though at t he end ive got the most medals and most dmg.

Some people just love to try bring others down from behind their keyboards. I'd love to see them do the same when standing in front of the other guy, physically.

9 times out of 10 when I see people screaming abuse at the rest of the team they tend to come near bottom of the leaderboard or they leave. They generally have done crap all to contribute to the team so I write off most people immediately when they decide to tell everyone else how much they suck.

So despite I don't think you are actually being serious... this situation is rare, in fact I don't think I have once had to decide whether to vote an abusive player MVP or not.

Topping damage means nothing.

Not to be big headed, but I often top damage purely because I've been PvPing for a while now and I know what to do. I don't expect any MvP votes for it. I only award my MvP vote to someone i've seen playing well. What I look for when awarding my MvP vote isn't shown on a scoreboard.

yesterday for the first time i tryed to play a dps spec..first time ever.

1st with 300k damage, 160k heals 14 medals...

now what the **** is happening when my best dps in a pug goes barely over 200k? what are they doing? it's not like i read all threads about sorc dps or studied a rotation...

Right now, Sorcerer DPS should ALWAYS finish top on damage. One tree has huge burst and the other has consistent 1k+ damage ticks all the time. That being said though, having the best DPS doesn't win you warzones alone.

Edited by Jayshames

You are an ***!!

How does one go through a dps rotation, or use any ability at all, while typing?

Are you a clicker? Were you typing and clicking at the same time or did you stand there for 2-3 gcd's without doing a thing besides sharing your thoughts and feelings with the group? Lastly, if they were as bad as you say they were, I would have just left. I don't feel the need to stay and trash them.

And to think I came here assuming there was a tanking discussion going on. Did you at least fart in their general direction?

Edited by Ridickilis

Troll thread is troll thread.

Taunting people who aren't very good is bad for the PvP scene in general. It makes people upset, rather than motivating them to improve. That's not even considering how people have off days sometimes...

But seriously: trooooooooolololololol?

I try to help believe it or not.

One huge issue is bolster. Nobody knows how it works. It needs to be fixed.

You STILL have people coming in with old recruit gear, or top end PVE gear.

They end up with 1200 to 1500 expertise. That gets you stomped.

I often get called a baddie, even though at t he end ive got the most medals and most dmg.

i dont think anyone likes me to be fair, keep to myself

Most medals and most damage/healing does not mean in the least you were properly taking care of the objectives. I'm not saying thats what you were doing, just stating that numbers lie sometimes.

Edited by Brittaany_Banks

How does one go through a dps rotation, or use any ability at all, while typing?

Are you a clicker? Were you typing and clicking at the same time or did you stand there for 2-3 gcd's without doing a thing besides sharing your thoughts and feelings with the group? Lastly, if they were as bad as you say they were, I would have just left. I don't feel the need to stay and trash them.

And to think I came here assuming there was a tanking discussion going on. Did you at least fart in their general direction?

You can't click abilities while typing. It will cancel the chat bar. Also, you can chat when waiting for respawn, guarding a door/node, or once you've lost :p