Recent Bonethrasher changes?

Ya, noticed that this week. I got killed with a 42k damage swipe and I wasn't the only one. We took in an experienced group in mostly full rakata/bh and got wiped about 5 times from these kind of hits. Then we reset the whole thing and he hit normally and we downed him quickly with no problems.

We had some issues a few weeks back too. He would pound someone into the ground to give them the debuff, which is usually no biggie we all know about it and how to deal with it. But before our healers had time to get more than 1 heal off (if we were lucky enough) he would either swipe or do his pounce and instantly one shot that person. It happened at least a good 2-3 times to us before we gave up and just switched to HM EV.

We had some issues a few weeks back too. He would pound someone into the ground to give them the debuff, which is usually no biggie we all know about it and how to deal with it. But before our healers had time to get more than 1 heal off (if we were lucky enough) he would either swipe or do his pounce and instantly one shot that person. It happened at least a good 2-3 times to us before we gave up and just switched to HM EV.

I dont think the big AOE he does triggers a one shot on the person with the debuff.

One thing ive noted. Sometimes he'll attack the person hes targeting twice. For example double swipe. Or a swipe then ground pound. Or sounds like you your case ground pound followed by a swipe. Helps to strafe slightly from side to side if you get debuffed and hes targeting you still seems to make him change targets. Thats just my experience. I have not really tested that so I am certainly not stating it as fact.

I dont think the big AOE he does triggers a one shot on the person with the debuff.

One thing ive noted. Sometimes he'll attack the person hes targeting twice. For example double swipe. Or a swipe then ground pound. Or sounds like you your case ground pound followed by a swipe. Helps to strafe slightly from side to side if you get debuffed and hes targeting you still seems to make him change targets. Thats just my experience. I have not really tested that so I am certainly not stating it as fact.

Yea we one shot him normally but this bug of double swipe will kill 1/3rd of the raid.

I do think it is a bug as he never used to swipe then do a 180 and swipe again, so now everyone in raid is at 1/3rd health then he does the pounce and kill a few.

I think the timer between SWIPES is broken.

What debuff are you talking about?

The debuff he is referring to is when Bonethrasher slams the person into the ground. They get a debuff that states if they get hit by Bonethrasher again (he will only swipe until the debuff falls off, roughly two or three swipes) they will take "massive" damage. It will 1 shot you on NiM if you have this debuff.

Edited by Craxim

The debuff he is referring to is when Bonethrasher slams the person into the ground. They get a debuff that states if they get hit by Bonethrasher again (he will only swipe until the debuff falls off, roughly two or three swipes) they will take "massive" damage. It will 1 shot you on NiM if you have this debuff.

Only swipe? Then something is clearly wrong since the last 2 times we ran it, I noticed he would do the pounce 2-3 times per fight after pounding someone into the ground (2 of those times it was myself) The pounce seemed to be timed just right as the debuff wore off so I luckily didn't get 1 shotted, but it didn't help our sage healer about a month ago who got hit for 23k from it.