Galen Marek vs. Jaina Solo

YoshiRaphElan

Wasn't Jaina amped by Luke though? Didn't he like, project an image of himself so that Caedus thought he was fighting him and also gave Jaina a boost in her own power?

Don't remember exactly, but I do remember Caedus was badly injured in the fight with Jaina.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't remember exactly, but I do remember Caedus was badly injured in the fight with Jaina.

Wait here we go, quote.

Despite the ringing in her ears and the gauze in her head-despite her hugely aching skull and the big knot of hurt swelling on her brow-Jaina had never been so filled with the Force. She could feel it in every cell of her body, swirling through her like fire, burning more ferociously every moment. She had never felt so strong or so quick or so alert. She could drive her fist through a durasteel wall, or catch a blaster bolt between her fingers. Despite the red curtain of blood cascading from the gash where Vatok's helmet had split her forehead, she was aware of everything."

Then after

"Then Jaina experienced an abrupt draining as her Force energies returned to their normal level. Suddenly she felt cold, tired, and in pain, and she barely had the strength to hold her lightsaber as it flicked back and forth, batting away blaster bolts."

Well I disagree Marcelo I think your arguments are pretty superficial once you get to it, as you got them mostly from gameplay perspective. Jaina on the other hand is more fleshed out character and she has a unique ability against Galen which is Shatterpoint technique.

Galen and Jaina are both wrecking balls of the force but Jaina has a slight advantage in my opinion.

Now I agree with you. I'm not saying that Jaina can't win. But some people stated that Jaina would kill Marek with one hand tied to the back, wich is absurd. Someone here literally said that Marek is only "slightly above average", I just can't such a nonsense like that and keep quiet.

But yes, the two are very powerful, and we would have a fierce and spectacular fight. But I still would give the advantage to Marek. He says a lot more skill as a swrodsman and has pretty overwhelming powers. And after turning to the light side, he mastered the precognition hability. And I'm not saying that from gameplay perspective, since gameplay is non-canon. All the references are taken from cutscenes from the game, wich are canon, or the novelization.

How is killing four Mandalorians listed as a point in Jaina's favor? That's got to be one of her least significant accomplishments.

During the Mandalorian Wars, Jedi would kill dozens of Mandalorians. Galen Marek slaughtered elite guardsmen and stormtroopers by the bushel during his missions after being betrayed by Darth Vader. Taking on four of Karen Traviss' vaunted Mandalorians shouldn't even cause a well-trained Force User to break a sweat.

I don't know why people think Starkiller didn't bring down that StarDestroyer. :rolleyes:

Because I sure did! :D

Gravity helped once I got it to free fall! :p

Anyways, I read some of the books with Jaina Solo and played as Galen Marak/Starkiller on Forced Unleashed. I'd have to say, I think Galen would win. My reason really is due to his force powers not so much his light saber skills. He doesn't have all these crazy powers. But the few he did have he pretty much perfected! While Jaina maybe be great as a pilot, we are talking about ground combat I assume. Where Jaina has great skill with a light saber. Galen was also trained by Vader! So I have to say that's a win for Galen.

They way I see it going down is, they both go straight to a lightsaber fight dueling it out. After a couple of swipes and near death experiences. Galen has to use his powers to win. Because Jaina is just too strong! And Jaina based off of only the books I read, doesn't really have much of a defense against force powers. As Galens' is just too great. So unless she has some crazy special ability I don't know of or a way to get close enough to kill Galen; he wins.

or she runs away (tactical retreat) jumps into a fighter and blasts him from the air!!! LOL

or she runs away (tactical retreat) jumps into a fighter and blasts him from the air!!! LOL

That would certainly end the fight. Galen has some pretty effective methods of dealing with fighters if memory serves; any defense Jaina had against direct Force attacks would be lost inside the metal death trap she now flies.

Galen was a veritable powerhouse in the Force, skilled in several light saber forms and exceptionally good at killing people, including notable Jedi of the era. Jaina was heir to a line of talented Force users, proclaimed sword of the Jedi and the one that defeated Darth Caedus. Both strong in the Force, both weapons in their own right. Unfortunately I do not know enough about Jaina to truly debate this, which is a shame as she seems an interesting character but that time period is one I avoid.

Am keeping an eye on the thread though, may learn something.

Jaina is an entire league above Starkiller in lightsaber proficiency not only did she out-duel Darth Caedus she fought whole groups of Sith from the Lost Tribe by herself and killed them all AND at least one of theses times she and Ben(who did next to nothing in this fight) fought Vestara Khai, much of this battle went down to Solo vs Khai, Jaina clearly came out on to.

Her use of Shatterpoint is also something Marek just cannot counter, he is already on the back foot here.

Count the fact she can literally become invisible in the force and is VERY adept in the arts of infiltration then she can quite literally set a trap that he could easily get drawn into and then pummel him with her extremely efficient lightsaber prowess and Marek is dead, she can find his weakspots which are as said in TFU novel very easy to spot for an experienced fighter and kill him.

Edited by LadyKulvax

Jaina is an entire league above Starkiller in lightsaber proficiency not only did she out-duel Darth Caedus she fought whole groups of Sith from the Lost Tribe by herself and killed them all AND at least one of theses times she and Ben(who did next to nothing in this fight) fought Vestara Khai, much of this battle went down to Solo vs Khai, Jaina clearly came out on to.

Her use of Shatterpoint is also something Marek just cannot counter, he is already on the back foot here.

Count the fact she can literally become invisible in the force and is VERY adept in the arts of infiltration then she can quite literally set a trap that he could easily get drawn into and then pummel him with her extremely efficient lightsaber prowess and Marek is dead, she can find his weakspots which are as said in TFU novel very easy to spot for an experienced fighter and kill him.

Jaina is a league above in Starkiller for that? She out-duel Caedus? For what I know, she's just sill alive because he didn't want to kill her. She fought full of anger, hatred, contituting an ugly style, in a normal duel she would be defeated even by someone inferior to her.

She defeated legions of Siths from the Lost Tribe and Vestara Khai, all true. Marek defeated legions of stomrtroopers, rebels, Shadow Guards, Rahm Kota, Shaak Ti and Vader.

Plus, most of the feats you account were achieved past her 17 years, wich was the age Marek died. He had the potential to become at least equal in power to Palpatine. When Jaina defeated Caedus, she was with at age 32 I think. At this age, Marek would be way more powerful the what we see in TFU.

I think Marek would win after a fierce fight. Again, I'm not saying Marek would easily defeat Jaina, I just don't see why you guys can't admit that they are, at least, at the same level.

Edited by marcelo_sdk

Bearing in mind that Jaina is being considered at the same age as Galen, I would probably hand the fight to Galen. His training was much more demanding and intensive, and he accomplished things at that age which placed him at the level of skill expected of a Jedi Master.

Given the time to grow and mature, Galen would likely have become just as formidable as either of the Solo twins.

Ah so this isn't prime vs prime, then this match doesn't interest me as it's random level of power vs prime.

I think it's attempting a comparison at equal points in their development, since Galen died before arguably reaching his peak. Basically, when each of them had reached a comparable level of training in lightsaber combat and Force usage.

I'd say Jaina during the YV War would be a good benchmark to measure Galen against when we see him at the time of TFU.

Bearing in mind that Jaina is being considered at the same age as Galen, I would probably hand the fight to Galen. His training was much more demanding and intensive, and he accomplished things at that age which placed him at the level of skill expected of a Jedi Master.

Given the time to grow and mature, Galen would likely have become just as formidable as either of the Solo twins.

As formidable as the Solo twins? He would become way more powerful, unless you think the Solo were at the same level of Palpatine.

This is my opinion on the matter.

Jaina IMO has the edge in saber fighting and piloting.

Galen has the edge in force power, nimbleness and force abilities.

I honestly don't think Jaina has the kind of force abilites to stand toe to toe with Vader or Palpatine for any meaning of time. 1v1 in a saber duel, I think she'd wipe the floor with all 3. But encompasing all, Galen vs Jaina, it's a toss up IMO.

In what book did it say she has Shatterpoint ability? I never knew that. I still need to read The New Jedi Order series or the last two books of the Fate of the Jedi.

It was in LOTF: Invincible, I think, or maybe Revelation.

It was Invincible. Jaina told Luke she saw Jacen use it against Mirta's Mandalorians on her first attempt to kill Jacen. She wanted to learn the ability also, so Luke taught her.

Ok I'll bit a little, but only to point about what should be easy to see.

if you compare by development at age 17, that would go to Galen. He had been doing non stop training all his life. While Jaina, while a solo, had a normalish upbringing. She loved flying so she spent a lot of time developing that skill instead of her martial side of her force talents, to the point where she joined the navy. It was not really until after being named the sword of the jedi, did she really start to develop it. Her brothers fall to the dark side was the catalyst that her really made stepped up her game to be the duelist she has become by the time she is named a master.

Thanks,

My 2 cent.

if you compare by development at age 17, that would go to Galen. He had been doing non stop training all his life. While Jaina, while a solo, had a normalish upbringing. She loved flying so she spent a lot of time developing that skill instead of her martial side of her force talents, to the point where she joined the navy. It was not really until after being named the sword of the jedi, did she really start to develop it. Her brothers fall to the dark side was the catalyst that her really made stepped up her game to be the duelist she has become by the time she is named a master.

Thanks,

My 2 cent.

This is my biggest issue with this age thing, Galen had been trained at a hardcore Sith level by Vader himself since he was a child, yet Jaina concentrated far far more on her flight skills than anything such as ground combat, she didn't truly start her training till Jacen removed himself from the Order.

Edited by LadyKulvax

Thanks,

My 2 cent.

Doesn't matter the upbringing, because Skywalkers learn powers on the fly, and Galen Marek is just a son of a unknown Jedi that trained hardcore but still not in the league of Luke or his nephews.

Doesn't matter the upbringing, because Skywalkers learn powers on the fly, and Galen Marek is just a son of a unknown Jedi that trained hardcore but still not in the league of Luke or his nephews.
With Luke on his prime no chance, with him at 17 yes Galen will win and that is also true for all his nephews and maybe his son at that age.

Palpatine is just the son of a corrupt noble from a little outer-rim planet. People's origins are not an argument, if you no arguments stay quiet.

Normal people that are not Anakin can become force users if they did not have force sensitive parents? And if yes how is that possible.

Force sensitivity presents itself randomly in a child. Thus, two Force sensitive parents can have a Force-blind child or Force-blind parents can have a sensitive child.