Catalyst quest on Taris?(possible spoilers?)

GustaveXIII

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a theory, but I haven't tested it yet beyond this single instance. I play a Jedi Sage and my partner in crime plays a Jedi Guardian. He did reset and then got it just fine from the red Rakghouls in the tunnel, but before he did that I got him to turn off his Guard and Soresu form abilities, so he was on the same buff set as me (Sprint, Force Might, and Force Valor).

I'm wondering if the damage altering/shunting abilities somehow mess with the tracker? If not, no harm done, but if so, hopefully that can help the people who are getting the glitch even after resetting.

• 2 weeks later...
The group that worked for me was the one not where the map inidicator shows up, its the group right outside of Aurek, say around 711,129. Tried three groups around where the quest icon shows up on the map as the area to get bitten, and those groups did not infect me, but the first group I tried close to Aurek bit me very quickly.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
If, like me, you are getting infected and the quest does not move on to the next part just reset the quest. This bug has happened to me 3 times already with 3 different characters and after I reset the quests it will update and move you on the next time you are infected.

Same thing here. Got the quest yesterday, didn't notice it was timed. Logged off, then on this morning, did some daily space battles, then noticed it was timed. Got infected multiple times, no luck. Read on here to Reset the quest and bingo, objective completed on the first infection.

When my husband and I were grouped for this mission. I got infected immediately and he couldn't get infected at all. It seems like some mission objectives can't be achieved while grouped, there have been other instances of one or the other of us who couldn't complete something until we broke the group.

• 2 weeks later...
I had an issue with the quest earlier myself, I was with my husband and he got infected after the first one attacked us. I attacked another 3 (yes I went after the big red ones) and got nothing so I just reset my quest and got it on my second one.

Same here, killed dozens with no infection. Reset the quest and got it on first hit.

Edited by Urzas

Infected by Rakghoul Mauler (Chemworks Factory). Was doing "Burnoff" quest and found this Rakghoul in the easternmost room. He infected me on the first hit. I hope that it works for you as well.

• 1 month later...

If you fast travel, log off, or leave the planet, the quest timer will start when you return, but you WILL NEVER GET INFECTED. Just abandon the quest, pick it back up and get in a fight with a strong / elite ghoul. It will update instantly. Good luck.

Sorry for the necro.

If you fast travel, log off, or leave the planet, the quest timer will start when you return, but you WILL NEVER GET INFECTED. Just abandon the quest, pick it back up and get in a fight with a strong / elite ghoul. It will update instantly. Good luck.

Sorry for the necro.

No, necro good in this case :D

After being infected about two dozen times with no quest update this had me so frustrated that I logged off and haven't played my GS in a week. I'll have to try this later today (I did in fact abandon the quest before the rage quit).

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
I fought Rackghouls for about an hour (including the big red-colored silver elites) and could NOT get infecfted. Then I read this thread and Reset the mission. After resetting, I fought three small normal groups, and still no luck. But then I fought a big red-colored silver elite next and FINALLY got infected. He was located at... X:-667, Y:-323, Z:-126. So I do think hitting Reset on the mission is the key. And you still may not get bitten right way. I'm not sure if finding the big red-colored silver elite was necessary to be bitten or if it was just coincidence. Maybe normal onces can bite you too....but I'm not sure based on my experience. Edited by JasonSabella

• 5 weeks later...
There is a bug but it only occurs when you have the mission active, then leave Taris. If you have done so, reset the mission. I kept encountering the bug and would get infected x5 and nothing would happen. As soon as I hit reset and attacked a normal rakgoul, I was infected and the mission updated.