The 10 Rules of Marauders

xAraen

Rules of a Marauder by Xeous/Araenos

Rule #1 of Marauders: Remember you're a tank, You always need to engage first.

Rule #2 of Marauders: If you're not wearing eradicator your not cool.

Rule #3 of Marauders: If you die its never your fault, Always blame the tank or healer for not doing their job.

Rule #4 of Marauders: If you can dodge an AOE you're not a marauder.

Rule #5 of Marauders: Always stand in AOE's as a marauder this will keep your healer on his toes.

Rule #6 of Marauders: As a Marauder it's very important to follow up with the CC'd targets they're always #1 priority.

Rule #7 of Marauders: As a Marauder filling your rage is most important spam your basic attacks only and keep your rage at 100%

Rule #8 of Marauders: When your tank is running fast through the flashpoint be sure to pull as much of the skipped trash mobs as you can. Don't want the tank to forget about you ;)

Rule #9 of Marauders: Remember as a Marauder you're instantly the leader of the group, Never listen to the tank or healers they're just ignorant.

Rule #10 of Marauders: You're the most important as long as you're in Eradicator or Revan's outfit, Remember to show of how cool you are with your outfit when jumping in first.

Rule #11 of Marauders: Remember as a marauder it's the healers job to keep you at 100% between fights, NEVER HEAL YOURSELF. (Thanks for suggestion by Monthigos)

Rule #12 of Marauders: Always use dual lightsaber throw to pull the mobs behind what you're currently fighting, it's always a good way to keep the fight exciting.

Rule #13 of Marauders: When the "tank" calls out specific targets alway attack the wrong one to steal agro from him. We all know Marauders are the real tanks.

Rule #14 of Marauders: When fighting a boss that cast tons of skills be sure to yell at everyone else to interupt but remember its never your job to interupt them. If he cast it be sure to blame the tank for being a n00b.

These rules were confirmed by the official EMC (Eradicated Marauder Council) but were written by a Tank/Healer. If you see me around Jedi Cov and you're a Marauder tell me thanks for the tips ;)

Edited by xAraen
  • Like 1

Remember you're a tank, You always need to engage first.

When your tank is running fast through the flashpoint be sure to pull as much of the skipped trash mobs as you can. Don't want the tank to forget about you ;)

I lol'd.

Edited by ImpactHound

mostly true. my marauder does not wear cartel armor though. also, i listen to the tank. obviously that doesn't make me pull less, and i'm not going to step out of an aoe if my ravage is casting, but i will happily listen while they tell me about how aggro works. there is a fair chance i will pull a mob or 2 in while they're explaining too. i have burst dps, and it's more important for me to finish by burn cycle than it is to worry about the group's survival.

double saber throw. best ability in the game to break a cc. you're only a neophyte mara until you can break cc and pull aggro off the tank with a double saber throw.

I'm guilty of pulling aggro... but other than that I like to think I do pretty well. I know I pull my own weight, especially when it comes to handling mobs with mah RAGE spec.

Also, dual lightsaber throw is ridiculously easy to avoid hitting a CC'd guy with. I am not sure why this is a problem with other mara's? :confused:

I'm guilty of pulling aggro... but other than that I like to think I do pretty well. I know I pull my own weight, especially when it comes to handling mobs with mah RAGE spec.

Also, dual lightsaber throw is ridiculously easy to avoid hitting a CC'd guy with. I am not sure why this is a problem with other mara's? :confused:

because we're marauders, and that's what we do. we know that if we turned around and faced the other direction, it wouldn't break the cc. that's why we don't turn around. our massive awesome damage can take out the mobs anyway.

13) Always do a hop into the air before you charge. It's important.

Dude. It is important. The little extra height and velocity really demoralizes the target, by announcing just how cool you are.

That said, there is some practicality in doing this, especially as a tank-jugg/guardian. The Charge/Leap animation often gets rendered as a simple teleport across medium-latency connections, while a simple jump almost always renders the full animation. Thus, when my group sees me jump, they get a half-second notice that I'm about to Charge/Leap to my target.

Edited by Malastare

Dude. It is important. The little extra height and velocity really demoralizes the target, by announcing just how cool you are.

That said, there is some practicality in doing this, especially as a tank-jugg/guardian. The Charge/Leap animation often gets rendered as a simple teleport across medium-latency connections, while a simple jump almost always renders the full animation. Thus, when my group sees me jump, they get a half-second notice that I'm about to Charge/Leap to my target.

i feel i should point out us marauders are also tanks. or at least, we think we are.

another rule, when tank is trying to get aoe threat, use all your single target burst on the biggest mob and then complain when it kills you.

also never use a threat drops, they are for sissies

There you go sir #13 ;D

Rules of a Marauder by Xeous/Araenos

Rule #1 of Marauders: Remember you're a tank, You always need to engage first.

Rule #2 of Marauders: If you're not wearing eradicator your not cool.

Rule #3 of Marauders: If you die its never your fault, Always blame the tank or healer for not doing their job.

Rule #4 of Marauders: If you can dodge an AOE you're not a marauder.

Rule #5 of Marauders: Always stand in AOE's as a marauder this will keep your healer on his toes.

Rule #6 of Marauders: As a Marauder it's very important to follow up with the CC'd targets they're always #1 priority.

Rule #7 of Marauders: As a Marauder filling your rage is most important spam your basic attacks only and keep your rage at 100%

Rule #8 of Marauders: When your tank is running fast through the flashpoint be sure to pull as much of the skipped trash mobs as you can. Don't want the tank to forget about you ;)

Rule #9 of Marauders: Remember as a Marauder you're instantly the leader of the group, Never listen to the tank or healers they're just ignorant.

Rule #10 of Marauders: You're the most important as long as you're in Eradicator or Revan's outfit, Remember to show of how cool you are with your outfit when jumping in first.

Rule #11 of Marauders: Remember as a marauder it's the healers job to keep you at 100% between fights, NEVER HEAL YOURSELF. (Thanks for suggestion by Monthigos)

Rule #12 of Marauders: Always use dual lightsaber throw to pull the mobs behind what you're currently fighting, it's always a good way to keep the fight exciting.

Rule #13 of Marauders: When the "tank" calls out specific targets alway attack the wrong one to steal agro from him. We all know Marauders are the real tanks.

These 10 rules were confirmed by the official EMC (Eradicated Marauder Council) but were written by a Tank/Healer. If you see me around Jedi Cov and you're a Marauder tell me thanks for the tips ;)

I give you a perfect 10/10 for your TEN. :)

That was some good stuffs.. and I particularly like the fact that the ten are actually 13.. which would be consistent with the theme about Marauders. :D