Security Key Generator for Droid.. improve readability

shollere

BIGGER font size on the Security Key generator… for an excellent example see RIFT’s version on the android. I like the way they broke the 8-digit number into two 4-digit numbers:

Instead of

[17954268]

Do like this…

[ 1795 - 4268 ]

I know it seems trivial, but Rift is onto something. Two 4-digit numbers are processed more efficiently in our brains than a single strand of eight numbers, especially when one is in a hurry to get back in the game. On Rift’s model, I glance back fewer times to make sure it’s right.

• 9 months later...
The readability of the security key is pretty awful. It seems to random cycle between yellow and black text on an image background that is primarily yellow and black. Black text is almost impossible to read unless you have great lighting, and yellow text is hard to read. Please fix this, regular usage can confirm that this is a horrible color scheme.

Try running an update on it..

I have android and my security key is very easy to read and I'm partially colour blind :3

EDIT: Then again, I guess if people are complaining about it, an update to make it easier couldn't hurt.

Edited by Jayshames

You know this may not be possible, right? The app is just a Vasco DigiPass app with SWTOR skin on it. If you want changes to it, you need to be contacting Vasco, not BioWare/EA.

I think BioWare/EA will have better luck at getting Vasco to change it than I will. I did know that the product was not a BioWare/EA product but I didn't know who made it. Thanks for the info!

I'm not sure it's what did it, but might be worth trying; after cleaning out programs' temp files while doing some space-related maintenance I've noticed that the horrible black text has gone away and I have readable yellow text again. Might be worth a shot for anyone else with the issue. Edited by Pscyon

I'm not sure it's what did it, but might be worth trying; after cleaning out programs' temp files while doing some space-related maintenance I've noticed that the horrible black text has gone away and I have readable yellow text again. Might be worth a shot for anyone else with the issue.

What exactly did you deleted? I don't have the black text all the time, but it sometimes happen, when I don't close the app while locking phone.

What exactly did you deleted? I don't have the black text all the time, but it sometimes happen, when I don't close the app while locking phone.

I was running the disk cleanup wizard from phone settings; one of the first things it asks you to delete is temporary program files. My theory is that cleaning out those files is what fixed my security key text.