Delta Squad vs. Master Chief

YoshiRaphElan

yes, RCs had a motion sensor. Played that game till my X-box fell apart. Even in the books it shows that RCs and ARCs have motion sensors.

Well, show me. A screencap or some other source, because I've found no reference to an in-game motion scanner.

Also, original X-boxes don't fall apart. They're damn-nigh indestructible.

Well, show me. A screencap or some other source, because I've found no reference to an in-game motion scanner.

Also, original X-boxes don't fall apart. They're damn-nigh indestructible.

disk holder finally busted and power supply bit the dust. but i will find one.

I beg to differ -- I had two of them. The first one lasted five years, but the other one only lasted about one and a half (Though it was refurbished).

Huh, I've had one since the platform came out back in what, '03?

Now, I'm rarely home and I don't play it that often, which might have extended its longevity. Still, it was sturdily built.

I don't know if this has been stated but in one of the novels Chief get hit in his side by a tank shell and survives.

I don't see this happening with Delta.

Delta's Hud.

Maybe I'm blind but I don't see a motion tracker.

Edited by DMOMO

I don't know if this has been stated but in one of the novels Chief get hit in his side by a tank shell and survives.

<snip>

wasnt a tank shell, it was an air to ground anti tank missile fired at him just after recieving the mark VI suit and cortana to test the new suit and the teamwork.

on the note of CC vs MC, hate to say it but after playing all the halo games, reading some of the CC books, the halo books, MC is going to trump CC most time, its going to come down to kit, and frankly after going thru and reading the stuff mentioned about KT's books i think she is making the katarn armor out more than it really was, it was not made of beskar, it was just typical mass produced plastoid armor, sure they had a few extra features, but look at the flip side, the Republic isn't going to expend more resources than necessary on clones that can be replaced in a matter of months with brand new hardware

<snip>

This guy is a fiend in melee combat. I believe in an earlier thread like this there was an anecdote of him maiming or killing three ODST commandos during a training exercise. When he was twelve.

<snip>

as for this tidbit, he was roughly 15 or so, he had just recieved the first set of augmentation and went into a gym and things moved too "slow" for him he went to the middle of the room to test the gravity (this happened on a ship in orbit for context and happens in the book fall of reach) and 3 ODSTs come in to use the gym and a small fight ensues, where he fights them, they also arm themselves against him and he puts them all down at the orders of the ODSTs sargent due to a confusion in his orders, also he is about he is roughly 286lbs out of armor.

the Republic isn't going to expend more resources than necessary on clones that can be replaced in a matter of months with brand new hardware

Actually, it was stated several times that the commandos could not be replaced, at least not with the skill set of the original 10,000 or so. Basically, there were 100 training sergeants -- 75 Mandalorian, and 25 mercenary, or anyone else that Jango decided would make the commandos the best of the best. Unlike the regular clones, who were flash trained for ten years, the commandos were only briefly flash-trained, and then their sergeants took over for the next ten years. So, basically, a commando was drilled under live fire, in the Star Wars equivalent of the British Special Air Service's Killing House, for ten solid years. Some of the sergeants dished out some serious punishments, too, if their squads failed. Therefore, the commandos basically are the Spartans of Star Wars, just without the physical enhancements. So, anyway, to make my point, it would take ten more years to train the next batch of commandos, time they didn't have in the middle of the war, and no one really thought the war would last ten years so they didn't bother until the commando forces got down to about half. So yes, the Republic would go to extra lengths to protect their commandos.