Jedi Guardian Synthweaving

Pingonaut

Is synthweaving really worth it? I just started a new JK and I have a full set of orange gear. Is it worth it for me to get synthweaving for the augments and orange gear (which I'll only use a few times in my entire crafting career, although maybe for my companions)?

I looked at the GTN for augment schematics and the prices for Augment 22s are really low, but the price for everything else is terribly high and not worth it (50k for a rank 2 augment schematic, when the price of the finished ones are below or near 1000).

What are the other options for a tank Jedi Guardian? I have a Consular (also a low level, still have a chance to restart crafting skills) with Artifice and a Smuggler with Cybertech (would rather not change that).

So tl;dr my questions:

1. Besides synthweaving, what are the best options for JK tank guardian?

2. Would switching to Biochem from Cybertech on a Gunslinger and rolling Cybertech with a Vanguard be better? (keeping my tank companion alive)

3. What are your suggestions for republic-side crafting for each class? (Guardian tank, Sage healer, Vanguard (?) and Gunslinger dps

Much appreciated.

- Pingonaut

Edited by Pingonaut

On my Jedi Gaurdian and Sith Juggernaut (I play both faction) I have...

1) Biochem to use the re-usable Health packs, re-usable Endurance stims and re-usable Adrenals

Since your class can't really heal themselves during fights, having this skill helps alot, plus only Biochems with appropriate skill level can use these re-usable ones.

2) Cybertech to create Armor and Mods for my Moddable Armor ( especially good in crafting the Purple Armor mods, cheaply since you're a Tank class and purple armor mods have the highest Armor class for each level )

Craft Bombs! which you can throw for extra Threat and AoE dps.

After reaching level 50 and when you start doing Hard-modes, Operations and Dailies, you can acquire the schematics for Armor mods and Mods beyond Grade 22 which are high in demand ( make millions selling these )

3) Initially took Diplomacy to gain Light-side or Dark-side points, and upon reaching Light V or Dark V, changed to Underworld Trading to get the Metals (and Rare Metals) needed to craft my Cybertech Armor mods and Mods.

If you want tanky stats before level 33, then stick with the Synthweaving. Defensive enhancements can't be made until level 33 leaving your orange gear kind of worthless.

Is synthweaving really worth it? I just started a new JK and I have a full set of orange gear. Is it worth it for me to get synthweaving for the augments and orange gear (which I'll only use a few times in my entire crafting career, although maybe for my companions)?

I looked at the GTN for augment schematics and the prices for Augment 22s are really low, but the price for everything else is terribly high and not worth it (50k for a rank 2 augment schematic, when the price of the finished ones are below or near 1000).

What are the other options for a tank Jedi Guardian? I have a Consular (also a low level, still have a chance to restart crafting skills) with Artifice and a Smuggler with Cybertech (would rather not change that).

So tl;dr my questions:

2. Would switching to Biochem from Cybertech on a Gunslinger and rolling Cybertech with a Vanguard be better? (keeping my tank companion alive)

3. What are your suggestions for republic-side crafting for each class? (Guardian tank, Sage healer, Vanguard (?) and Gunslinger dps

Much appreciated.

- Pingonaut

So tl;dr my questions:

Much appreciated.

- Pingonaut

On my JK guardian I did synthweaving and crafted a lot of great gear for him while leveling. BUT he was my first character and I leveled him prior to group finder, server transfers, and the cartel coin shop.

These conditions are important because they influence the way most played the game back then. When your server is a ghost town and there is no automated method of finding groups, you tend to solo a lot. This means that you do not have ready access to rewards from flashpoints and planetary heroic missions - all that wonderful orange gear :). So being stuck with either quest rewards or crafted gear, crafted gear wins out...if you can maintain your skill slightly higher than your level so that you can RE and have purple gear waiting for you.

Since you said in your OP that you already have a full set of orange gear, the overwhelming majority of what synthweaving can do is useless while you level.

Personally, I do not like to shuffle crew skills to "optimize;" I pick what I pick and stick with it. The reason is because I dislike abandoning a crafting skill that has a good amount of RE schematics (that I will lose if I switch).

That being said, biochem on your main character seems to be the most optimal choice at the moment, especially if your main is a tank (reusable medpacs and stims). For leveling purposes cybertech might be a better choice since you will be able to fill two of three slots in all that orange gear. But there is nothing stopping you from having an existing cybertech feed your new character with armorings and mods.

You also might want to consider artifice for your guardian. You have a cyber that can feed him armoring and mods, artifice will provide hilts and enhancements.

Edited by psandak

Just LOL...

If you re read the post you will see they have a Guardian and a Juggernaut. Two different characters

He also said that on his Guardian and Juggernaut he had: Biochem, Diplomacy and Underworld Trading. To me, that reads "I have these on both." LOL yourself, son.