Where do I learn the Barrel 31 schematic?

LtBombshell

Having to Reverse them from drops is true, how-ever there's some sneaky ways depending on the barrel. The Reflex (Aim high) and Skill (Cunning high) can be obtained by spending elite commendations on the off-hand containing the barrels. (Note: Reflex comes in Mercanary off-hands and thus is likely exclusively for Empire side, Skill comes from Scatterguns, Vibroknifes and off-hand Blasters) The schematic end-result won't be bound to main or off-hand until equiped.

The question I have for the OP is: what is your intent once you get the schematic?

As a money making or saving venture most grade 31 item modification schematics are not worth it; if you do your research you will find that at best the finished product generates a small profit margin. But the far more likely scenario is that the materials cost more than the finished product (based on GTM postings).

This means that if you are trying to find a "cheap" way to acquire the barrel for a character, you are better off buying one off the GTM. Or if you are trying to get into the high end barrel market to sell them to others, you are 100% dependent on crits to make any decent amount of money.

My advice: do not seek the opportunity to reverse engineer. If an opportunity presents itself, go for it. Otherwise don't bother.

And FYI, I practice what I preach: nearly all of my game wealth comes from crafting grade 28 item modifications and mostly prototype/blue quality to boot. I have a handful of grade 30 and 31 schematics but have never crafted any because the ROI is non-existent.

The question I have for the OP is: what is your intent once you get the schematic?

As a money making or saving venture most grade 31 item modification schematics are not worth it; if you do your research you will find that at best the finished product generates a small profit margin. But the far more likely scenario is that the materials cost more than the finished product (based on GTM postings).

This means that if you are trying to find a "cheap" way to acquire the barrel for a character, you are better off buying one off the GTM. Or if you are trying to get into the high end barrel market to sell them to others, you are 100% dependent on crits to make any decent amount of money.

My advice: do not seek the opportunity to reverse engineer. If an opportunity presents itself, go for it. Otherwise don't bother.

And FYI, I practice what I preach: nearly all of my game wealth comes from crafting grade 28 item modifications and mostly prototype/blue quality to boot. I have a handful of grade 30 and 31 schematics but have never crafted any because the ROI is non-existent.

I have to agree with this poster. The only time I re-engineer any 30/31 items is when I already have that particular item equipped so in fact it's a double. Even the most casual raider picks up many of the same items. I do this just in case I need to craft it in the future. But it's not the way to make money. The materials are to expensive and although there are people who would like 30/31's. They won't pay the money for them. I have tried and they sit on the GTN for ages.