cybertech is similar to?

WimploMartin

biochem = alchemy (health potions and flasks. you also make implants that everyone uses)

synthweaving = tailoring/leatherworking/blacksmithing for casters and some mods for armour

armormech = tailoring/leatherworking/blacksmithing for melee/range and some mods for armour

armstech = weaponsmithing from BC (no lightsabers, but there are vibroblades. less flashy but still cool looking sword) and some mods for weapons

cybertech = engineering (explosives and you also make ear pieces that everyone uses)

Artifice = jewelcrafting

im going vanguard tank what would be better ya guys think biotech or cybertech?

Bio is nice since you can loot creatures and build stuff as you go.

Cyber is nice since you can continually mod your gear as you move along.

Cyber will eventually get you grenades you can't run out of. Which is cool. But Bio will get you implants that should help you take more damage, etc.

Bio probably has a more sustained market, but the cyber stuff might make more money per sale (though fewer sales).

That's all speculation on my part, so take it for what it's worth.

biochem = alchemy (health potions and flasks. you also make implants that everyone uses)

synthweaving = tailoring/leatherworking/blacksmithing for casters and some mods for armour

armormech = tailoring/leatherworking/blacksmithing for melee/range and some mods for armour

armstech = weaponsmithing from BC (no lightsabers, but there are vibroblades. less flashy but still cool looking sword) and some mods for weapons

cybertech = engineering (explosives and you also make ear pieces that everyone uses)

Artifice = jewelcrafting

Can anyone expand upon the Artifice bit? I was thinking Artifice made lightsabers and some other things, is that incorrect? How is it comparable to a JC-like crafting skill? Is it primarily concerned w/ making item enhancement type things?

Can anyone expand upon the Artifice bit? I was thinking Artifice made lightsabers and some other things, is that incorrect? How is it comparable to a JC-like crafting skill? Is it primarily concerned w/ making item enhancement type things?

They do the color crystals, and lightsabre parts.

They also do the offhand shield generators too.

You can craft crystals and hilts to mod your lightsaber. You can craft enhancements to mod all weapons and armor. You can craft shields which are offhand items useful for most tanking advanced classes (guardian, juggernaut, powertech, vanguard). And it looks like at high levels you can craft relics (like trinkets in WoW). It doesn't look like you craft actual lightsabers though. I would say cybertech is more like WoW's jewelcrafting than anything. I played a guardian in beta with artifice. I found it useful, but like any crew skill, you have to level it along with your character to reap the benefits of the items you craft.

If i get it right, cybertech gives you mods for every class, granades, earpicies and starships upgrages.

But doesn't every crafting professions gives you mods as well (for exempe synthweaving for chests)?

Edited by eirax

If i get it right, cybertech gives you mods for every class, granades, earpicies and starships upgrages.

But doesn't every crafting professions gives you mods as well (for exempe synthweaving for chests)?

Yes but there are several different mod slots and the various skills make different types of mods.