Must accept nerfs...then let us change AC

Redcorn

Yep, I am a QQ commando. You know, the AC that was ripped apart and BW did not even have the decency to refund their talent points. Well after the nerf, ****, *****-slap my commando has become my bank mule.

In response my threads have been closed for lack of constructiveness. People from other classes and ACs have told me to LTP, quit being a baby, and the ever present 'nerfs are part of the balancing in MMORPGs'.

Well here is some constructiveness. Forget giving me back my talent points....since DPS and healing are screwed for the trooper commando why won't BW allow me to change my AC. I will go to Vanguard and be happy. Well, happy until you rip the heart out of that ac too.

DPS and Healing are not screwed. Seriously relearn the class, it's not as bad as you've heard. Just because they changed what you knew, doesn't mean its gimp. Commando dps are still high volume dps. If you want to pvp I would suggest the fire spec for the mobility and fact that you can kite people without LOS issues. The way gunnery is set up now is the way I used my arsenal bh back when that was my main, you're using your gun more because you get more procs. In a longstanding fight you'll still build up the heat stacks, but alot more of your dmg has shifted to your actual weapons.

DPS and Healing are not screwed. Seriously relearn the class, it's not as bad as you've heard. Just because they changed what you knew, doesn't mean its gimp. Commando dps are still high volume dps. If you want to pvp I would suggest the fire spec for the mobility and fact that you can kite people without LOS issues. The way gunnery is set up now is the way I used my arsenal bh back when that was my main, you're using your gun more because you get more procs. In a longstanding fight you'll still build up the heat stacks, but alot more of your dmg has shifted to your actual weapons.

It is not what I have heard, but what I have played, and the numbers crunched against my new dummies. I don't want to play dot master. If I did I would have gone assault.

Vanguard DPS did much more damage PVP...and I would assume PVE than pre 1.2 commando. The ability to respect to heals made that acceptable, but now those heals are weak...and compared to other classes useless.

So let me be vanguard...what is the harm.....I mean since commandos really weren't affected that much in the first place according to many what would be the harm?

No, I rolled a trooper. A trooper can be commando or vanguard. Both commando and vanguard can be dps. Commando DPS lags far behind vanguard DPS and the hybrid healing ability is no longer worthwhile. So I want to be a vanguard DPS.

idiot.

You know, I wouldn't mind a one time switch of the advanced class. I have one character sitting as a bank mule because I made some really poor choices in her looks, dark sided choice, etc. I rerolled another SI but now have two identical characters. I would love to make her an assassin and try out the class. I haven't deleted her just because I hope this is an option at some future point.

Redcorn,

I play a sorc. Lots of level 50 sorcs feel nerfed. It sucks. Re-roll a vangaurd. You will be happier and the rest of us won't have to hear you whine about how you deserve special treatment becuase you don't like the class you picked now that they've restructured it. The non-force healers were never meant to be as good as the force using ones, that's why they are supposed to be in support roles, alternating between damage and heals. Also, allowing for small heals for mercs, operatives, etc allows for the force using healers to heal MTs rather than the rest of the groups during raids. Since we only have one AOE heal and it is not hotkeyable (have to use the mouse to target group to heal it), it is nice to know that some of our support troops can do some minor healing either of themselves or other dps classes. You are just as much a baby as the rest of us, btw, lots of people feel BW "owes" them for nerfs. So re-roll and have fun - tank and pure dps great!

No, I rolled a trooper. A trooper can be commando or vanguard. Both commando and vanguard can be dps. Commando DPS lags far behind vanguard DPS and the hybrid healing ability is no longer worthwhile. So I want to be a vanguard DPS.

idiot.

So if a one-time AC respec were to happen, what will you do when the next set of changes comes out which re-buffs Commando and/or nerfs Vanguard? Are we going to see another one of these threads from you asking to switch back?

Besides, don't you enjoy not just hitting the key for grav round over and over (with an occasional FA mixed in)?

idiot.

That's not how this works. Commando and Vanguard are COMPLETELY DIFFERENT CLASSES. They fill different roles. The only thing they share is a story line.

That's how Bioware views it, and that's how rational people view it. Feel free to continue insulting me if it helps ease the pain though.

So if a one-time AC respec were to happen, what will you do when the next set of changes comes out which re-buffs Commando and/or nerfs Vanguard? Are we going to see another one of these threads from you asking to switch back?

Besides, don't you enjoy not just hitting the key for grav round over and over (with an occasional FA mixed in)?

I know this is a dream but I would love some huge questline you had to do (plus a large credit investment) to change your AC. I loved the betrayal quest in EQ2 and still remember that fondly. I'm for a one time respec but make it one time. If something else changes, too bad. Roll up another character. I don't encourage flip flopping due to FOTM changes. One time swtich with tasty questline? Would be pretty darned fun imo.

In my case, I should have deleted my Sith Inquisitor when I rolled up my new one. Unfotunately I spent quite a few credits on her for my speeder piloting, ship upgrades, etc. My fault entirely I know.

Edited by Florial

I know this is a dream but I would love some huge questline you had to do (plus a large credit investment) to change your AC. I loved the betrayal quest in EQ2 and still remember that fondly. I'm for a one time respec but make it one time. If something else changes, too bad. Roll up another character. I don't encourage flip flopping due to FOTM changes. One time swtich with tasty questline? Would be pretty darned fun imo.

In my case, I should have deleted my Sith Inquisitor when I rolled up my new one. Unfotunately I spent quite a few credits on her for my speeder piloting, ship upgrades, etc. My fault entirely I know.

Yeah, I don't hate that idea. I don't necessarily like it etiher, though, and here's why:

1. Bioware repeatedly has said since prior to launch that AC changes would not be allowed. There are 8 classes per faction, if you pick the wrong Trooper AC, too bad.

2. Players cry for AC change (like this thread)

3. Bioware creates the opportunity for a ONE TIME change with an epic questline (like you have suggested). They say, "make it count, this is it. If you screw it up, too bad."

4. Players complete quest and change AC.

5. Further changes to the game happen just like every other MMO.

6. Players cry for AC change #2 (like this thread).

7. Repeat #3-6.

Yeah, I don't hate that idea. I don't necessarily like it etiher, though, and here's why:

1. Bioware repeatedly has said since prior to launch that AC changes would not be allowed. There are 8 classes per faction, if you pick the wrong Trooper AC, too bad.

2. Players cry for AC change (like this thread)

3. Bioware creates the opportunity for a ONE TIME change with an epic questline (like you have suggested). They say, "make it count, this is it. If you screw it up, too bad."

4. Players complete quest and change AC.

5. Further changes to the game happen just like every other MMO.

6. Players cry for AC change #2 (like this thread).

7. Repeat #3-6.

People will always complain. At least with an epic questline, you've had the chance to play your class to 50. Once you do the questline, there is no going back---ever. If people whine about wanting to switch again, they don't get my sympathy vote, especially after completing a very lengthy questline. I just think it would be fun to have and some means to give you flexibily in playing another AC. As I said though, this is a dream and I'm sure it won't be implemented. I do want to play an assassin at some point but shudder at going through all the story again.

One question---was it ever possible to make an AC switch? I thought this option was in game prior to hitting level 20? I found it all too easy to make a wrong choice at level 10. Personally, I read the class descriptions very carefully but knew a few folks that clicked on the wrong thing and poof, had to start over again.

hooray for class balance, troops have been op since launch. Enjoy your nerf.

So what do you play and why do you feel the commando was OP? Did you have a problem with LOS avoidance? Did you play your class poorly? The numbers in PVP do not prove you to be correct, but facts probably mean nothing to you.

I guess you were upset at both the commando healers and gunnys.

So don't just say commandos were op tell us how they were OP....you can't because it is not true.

Redcorn,

I play a sorc. Lots of level 50 sorcs feel nerfed. It sucks. Re-roll a vangaurd. You will be happier and the rest of us won't have to hear you whine about how you deserve special treatment becuase you don't like the class you picked now that they've restructured it. The non-force healers were never meant to be as good as the force using ones, that's why they are supposed to be in support roles, alternating between damage and heals. Also, allowing for small heals for mercs, operatives, etc allows for the force using healers to heal MTs rather than the rest of the groups during raids. Since we only have one AOE heal and it is not hotkeyable (have to use the mouse to target group to heal it), it is nice to know that some of our support troops can do some minor healing either of themselves or other dps classes. You are just as much a baby as the rest of us, btw, lots of people feel BW "owes" them for nerfs. So re-roll and have fun - tank and pure dps great!

I sense the old talkess out of one's assess on this one. Sorc feel nerfed LOL. Force users were meant to be the real healers....enjoy killing the game I see.

Complaining and whining......hmm Wonder what you would do if you actually did get a nerf that rendered your class useless? NM you won't have to worry about that because you play an imperial....BW loves them....ever wonder why they outnumber the repubs?

You speak the truth here. It should not be a one time switch. It should be open....it will not.

And you speak the truth when you say that the nerf bat will hit again. It normally swings when PVPers whine, and this is why a PVP/PVE MMORPG is ****ed from the start of design and the reason I quit MMORPG games previously. Foolish me I thought it might be different with BW. That is my fault.

I am much better off playing in an enclosed game system where the rules of the game do not change at the whim of a community or developer.

That's not how this works. Commando and Vanguard are COMPLETELY DIFFERENT CLASSES. They fill different roles. The only thing they share is a story line.

That's how Bioware views it, and that's how rational people view it. Feel free to continue insulting me if it helps ease the pain though.

What is the different role between a commando DPS and a vanguard DPS?.....um Bueller....Bueller....

You can go back and forth between betrayals in EQ2 as much as you want. There's no "one time" epic quest, tho the quest was a decent time investment for several years. I like the option being available, and liked that it took effort, time, inconveniences to your character, and penalties to overcome when you were done.

I don't think ToR is set up to offer anything like it, there aren't any quests in game, even for the biggest ones, that would compare to that grind; and making it easy... well, actually, why not make it easy? I guess I'm just being elitist. Is there really a reason not to allow it, other than they said they will not allow it, at one point in time?

Edited by Karaiblis

You can go back and forth between betrayals in EQ2 as much as you want. There's no "one time" epic quest, tho the quest was a decent time investment for several years. I like the option being available, and liked that it took effort, time, inconveniences to your character, and penalties to overcome when you were done.

I don't think ToR is set up to offer anything like it, there aren't any quests in game, even for the biggest ones, that would compare to that grind; and making it easy... well, actually, why not make it easy? I guess I'm just being elitist. Is there really a reason not to allow it, other than they said they will not allow it, at one point in time?

This game being easy is probably the best retort to my QQ. It doesn't really take any time to go from 1 to 50 in this game so where is the great offense to the commando nerf? I guess I just learn to like my toons too much.

For all those that take joy in the commando ruination I can only wish the same to any toon you love to play.

This game being easy is probably the best retort to my QQ. It doesn't really take any time to go from 1 to 50 in this game so where is the great offense to the commando nerf? I guess I just learn to like my toons too much.

For all those that take joy in the commando ruination I can only wish the same to any toon you love to play.

I mean your best bet is to play through the game easymode with another toon to 50, and then you have two characters to play with in the event one of them gets nerfed. It's the way I personally have always played in MMOs and leads me happy regardless of balancing changes, and it helps to be an above average all around player, just not "omg ub3r el1te" at anything (which is just fine with me).

Well, OP. I'll give you props for at least being up front about it.

That said, you KNOW that if you can change your AC, they will just nerf that too, right? :D

Seriously, though. BioWare has fallen into the "nerf trap" which so many other games have also done. Instead of making other classes as much fun to play, or able to keep up with the "uber" class, they nerf that one down to nearly unplayable sometimes. Also, having looked at the Healing "nerfs", they aren't that bad. Adapting should be relatively simple. Now if only they would rebalance some of the solo content bosses down from "sheer luck or bring friends" to more like "a good challenge".

Edited by Captain_Zone