Romance advantage ?

hotshottt

I don't know, I'd like to answer but my "romance" with Malavai seems to have fizzled out somewhere on Alderaan - haven't gotten a flirt or a mission from him in ages and his affection is almost maxxed. If there is some kind of grand conclusion I guess I wouldn't know; I mean you can get missions and xp from all (I'm assuming?) your companions regardless of whether you're romancing them or not.

So are there LBGT relationships? or are they possible? like if i am a male character can i romance Khel'Val? or if i make a female bounty hunter can i Make my lady fall for Kailye?

From what I gather there's no LGBT options but they do plan on including them in the future.

Very much looking forward to it.

Like Kioma said, same-sex relationships aren't in yet but are coming - no timetable has been given though, could be January or could be 2013.

like if i am a male character can i romance Khel'Val?
So far romances seem to have concentrated on human or near-human looking characters, so it's unlikely we'll get romances with monstrous looking companions early on. Maybe someday down the line.

Also, I heard secondhand that when same-sex relationships are coming, they won't be retrofitted to existing companions like Khem Val but will be entirely new companion options. I don't have a quote to confirm that though.

From what I gather there's no LGBT options but they do plan on including them in the future.

Very much looking forward to it.

At EA in June the producer stated without hesitation that there would be no same sex romance option in TOR. It's in a BioWare Pulse on youtube. (watch at 2:49). Then in September the PR spin guy says 'oh, there just wasn't enough time to do that for launch'.

Absolutely no plan for it during all the design and development YEARS on this game, then 3 months before launch they say they'll add it and you believe them? That's incredibly naive.

I don't know, I'd like to answer but my "romance" with Malavai seems to have fizzled out somewhere on Alderaan - haven't gotten a flirt or a mission from him in ages and his affection is almost maxxed. If there is some kind of grand conclusion I guess I wouldn't know; I mean you can get missions and xp from all (I'm assuming?) your companions regardless of whether you're romancing them or not.

Romances progress with the story. You have to get past act 1 to continue further in his conversation/quest line. And then when you do, you'll have an immediate mission indicator over his head... and if it's almost maxxed, you'll have another one after that.. and again.. And you'll pretty much have all of his convos for that act, up unto his next quest! :D

... I had it happen with Vette... multiple times...

Romances progress with the story. You have to get past act 1 to continue further in his conversation/quest line. And then when you do, you'll have an immediate mission indicator over his head... and if it's almost maxxed, you'll have another one after that.. and again.. And you'll pretty much have all of his convos for that act, up unto his next quest! :D

... I had it happen with Vette... multiple times...

Oh, thanks, but I'm on chapter 2, starting on Quesh soon and haven't had a flirt with Quinn since walking out of Tatoine!

Just a small question, is the romance in this mmo the same as normal BW games?

Meaning by that, after the customary kiss and black screen, is there something else? different arc, the companion is more active in quests, or it just stops? (with the normal companion chit-chat mentioning it)

Absolutely no plan for it during all the design and development YEARS on this game, then 3 months before launch they say they'll add it and you believe them? That's incredibly naive.

Sorry for being lazy, just going to quote myself:

If we're superlucky, it's going to take at least a year.

If we're expecting normal delivery times, it will be in some expansion in a couple of years.

Then there's the option that they've put us on hold for an indefinite time.

I'm starting to lean on the last option, and I still haven't decided what to do. Leveling has been quite ok despite the fact that I can't flirt or do anything exciting, but then again I'm not as excited as when I began to play WoW. I have canceled my subscription and will decide on it on a monthly basis. If it seems they are trying to brush this under the rug, I may cancel altogether. It just bothers me that I bought the DDE, which was not worth the money, and this only adds to the disappointment.

Yes, because a same sex romance has been a staple since Jade Empire. It is in demand. The fandom clearly wants it and Bioware realizes this. If Bioware says it is being included then I believe it will.

Do you automatically believe that everything a person tells you is a lie? Are you really that jaded already? This is a new game, new developer. Give these people a chance.

And it's common for things to be added in mmos. They're mmos, ever changing.

Yes, because a same sex romance has been a staple since Jade Empire. It is in demand. The fandom clearly wants it and Bioware realizes this. If Bioware says it is being included then I believe it will.

Do you automatically believe that everything a person tells you is a lie? Are you really that jaded already? This is a new game, new developer. Give these people a chance.

And it's common for things to be added in mmos. They're mmos, ever changing.

No ***, Sherlock. MMOs change? However, if this was so important to BioWare they would have included it at launch rather than let someone's personal prejudice keep it out in the first place. And you need to learn how corporate spin doctors work.

No ***, Sherlock. MMOs change? However, if this was so important to BioWare they would have included it at launch rather than let someone's personal prejudice keep it out in the first place. And you need to learn how corporate spin doctors work.

Not everything can be included in launch. You need to learn how logistics and project management work.