Server names and what they represent!

Pseudolo

Hi! I play on Vrook Lamar. It's the name af a Jedi Master character from a KOTOR game, but also the pet headcrab of the funny HL2 doctor was Lamar! :D I've seen many server names that are meaningless to me, so I would like to know the story behind server names! Go on, post your server and a brief explaination of it's name! :) Edited by Pseudolo

I play on Terentatek

Terentatek were creatures which fed off the blood of Force-sensitives, and inhabited caves and tombs strong with the dark side of the Force. Several guarded the entrance to a section of Naga Sadow's tomb.

Terentatek resembled rancors, except they had a number of spines growing from their backs and a pair of flaps, or tusk-like projections attached to their mouths. They also had massive claws (four to a hand). The tusks and claws of a terentatek were highly venomous. It was theorized that they were once rancors, subjected to mutations by the Sith. When the dark side was weak in the galaxy, terentateks could hibernate and remain dormant for many years, only to return when the dark side was strong again.

Picture of one below-

http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/2/28/Terentatek_TOR.jpg

One of the coolest server names imo :)

Edited by Itek

Shadow Hand

Shadow Hand was a title given to the second-in-command of a Sith Monarch. It was also used as another term for apprentice. Darth Malak made Darth Bandon his Shadow Hand after thinking he killed Revan.

Later, the reborn Emperor used the name for his plan to take over the galaxy: Operation Shadow Hand.

I play on Rubat Crystal:

Rubat was a type of crystal used in the construction of lightsabers, also known as lightsaber crystals. The planet Phemis was the only known source of rubat.

When placed in a lightsaber's crystal chamber, rubat sharpened the appearance and definition of the blade, allowing its wielder to easily track the blade and strike opponents properly. The crystal would also help its wielder attack faster.

I play on Vulkar Highwway. The vulkars were a swoop gang that had established itself within the Lower City of the Outer Rim world of Taris some time prior to 3,964 BBY. The gang, one of the most well known on that ecumenopolis, was known for the thuggish demeanor of its members. During the lead-up to the Mandalorian Wars, the gang was led by a sentient named Benno, a being who did not like being in the spotlight. In the wake of the planet's liberation by Revan and Malak, a former member of the Hidden Beks, Brejik, took control. Disgruntled with not having been made leader of the Beks following Gadon Thek's blindness, which had been caused by a swoop accident, Brejik left his former gang and took over the Vulkars.

I am on the server The Constant

During the year 3,900 BBY (Before the Battle of Yavin) The Constant along with sister ships The Beneficent and The Tasia were part of a three ship expansionary mission team, led by Kwilaan ( A Galactic Republic explorer who stumbled upon Naboo 50 years prior), which were the first to colonize Naboo. The Expansion effort was sponsored by Queen Elsinore den Tasia of the Grizmallts.

The Progenitor is the 'mother' of the Selkath race and the source of all Kolto on Manaan.

In KotoR1 there was a story hook where Revan went to an underwater facility where the Selkath had gone mad. During the story, Revan finds out that they went mad because of the Kolto that is being harvested from the Progenitor herself, which cause her children race to enrage.

Revan has the option to stop the Kolto harvesting, or pollute the waters and all the kolto of Manaan and kill the Progenitor. The canon option is the Lightside one, where he saves Manaan Kolto production by destroying this one facility.

Jung Ma was a lightsaber combat technique. It was essentially a 360 degree spin, which built power for an imminent attack against an opponent. It differed from the jung technique in that jung is a 180 degree turn, and differed from the shun technique in that two hands were used for jung ma, while a one-handed grip was used for shun.

Form IV, also known as Ataru, "focused on application of and smooth transition between the three axes of rotation in a three-dimensional space," known as the su ma. These three axes were somersaults (ton su ma), cartwheels (en su ma), and spinning (jung su ma). Thus spinning attacks such as jung ma were commonly employed by practitioners of Ataru such as Yoda, Qui-Gon Jinn, and Obi-Wan Kenobi in his padawan years.

It is notable that techniques such as jung ma and shun may be further developments of the Falling Leaf technique, which involved "spinning on one's feet to 'slash from the sky.'"

Personally I forgot what Jung Ma stood for, so looking it up made me love the name of my server; Ataru has always been my favorite lightsaber form next to Jar'Kai/Niman.