What class does the highest dps in pve?

Blumpkn

A properly spec'd Sorc/Sage can DPS indefinitely. I can't remember the last time I went below 60% Force. This allows the tank to chain pull like none other, if they and the healers can keep up.

Another benefit is AOE burst, with the Chain Lightning -> Death Field combo (only use if you have a good tank though).

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't really compared, but it in pve for me it seems easier to take down mobs solo with a commando on lower levels than it was when I was leveling up my main which is a gunslinger. I haven't leveled up a commando fully so I can't compare yet at 50. And by easier I mean less worrying about cd & ammo like I do with cd & energy with the gunslinger (at least for me). Of course it could be that by the time I got around to making a commando alt I was just more used to the game.

I haven't really compared, but it in pve for me it seems easier to take down mobs solo with a commando on lower levels than it was when I was leveling up my main which is a gunslinger. I haven't leveled up a commando fully so I can't compare yet at 50. And by easier I mean less worrying about cd & ammo like I do with cd & energy with the gunslinger (at least for me). Of course it could be that by the time I got around to making a commando alt I was just more used to the game.

I'm sure that doesn't have anything to do with Mortar Volley, of course.

I'm sure that doesn't have anything to do with Mortar Volley, of course.

Haha, yeah. :) But actually it seemed a bit easier even before that ability is available. Subjective of course-- no hard data. Of course you get that at level 10 so yeah that is a big damage booster.

As AoE goes though I still just love the XS flyby on my gunslinger even if it doesn't do as much damage as other aoe for such a high level ability (level 48).

Edited by gwit

• 6 months later...

Scoundrels are better than gunslinger? I wonder 2 things.

As a new player, just 1 month on swtor... I created a smuggler, when I got 10 level, I googled and everybody, not even 1 topic writes that scoundrels are better than gunslingers... So I wanted a pure dps class and pick the gunslinger. I am happy with it.

1st) why bioware gave the highest dps to scoundrels, while they have the options to be healers also... It is something similar to shadows... consular’s... Tank/damage but nobody plays with u if you are not a tank.. Or healing/damage

2nd) gunslinger is pure dps talent trees, no other alternatives... you all sound funny when you downgrade gunslingers versus scoundrels. Or bioware is funny after all..

ps: havent played scoundrel though... I dont want people demanding me to be a healer.. I preffer to curse them than heal them.. lol... But from what I read here... Scoudrels are identical with shadows... strong stealth back hits and thats it...

Edited by Oyranos

my guilds numbers on raid dummy fully raid buffed.

all are tested dps'ing for 5 min. This is not burst dps it is stable

sentinel 1675 dps

guardian 1650 dps

commando 1670

vanguard 1600

gunslingers (cant remember exact) but roughly same as commando.

shadow: a lot lower but still viable in raid.

sage: a bit lower than top 5 but still very viable.

scoundrels: can reach very high dps however there is only 2 people on rep side on my server playing that class to their max capabilities and do not have any numbers except claims are above 1500.

so they can more or less all do amazing damage if played right. learn your class and class will no longer matter.

Play what you believe will be a fun class to play. Nothing worse then getting a toon to 50 then deciding you hate playing it and only made it because someone else said it was a good choice. DPS is all about how well you take care of your toon and how fluent you are with your skills and rotation. Bad rotation = crap dps. Badly modded gear = crap dps.

Every class is completely capable of clearing everything, just depends how well YOU play it to whether YOU will clear it. ;)

Edited by Kanjir

• 2 months later...

I know this is outdated but **** me!

Operatives should heal their dps is average

Sorc dps falls behind the line they should heal

Snipers yes mm or leth.

Top 3 would be

1.pyrotech

2.marauder

3.sniper

At least currently, doesn't even matter about spec.

This is fact, multiple combat logs with all classes, all dps get the job done

But those 3 are op classes

Edited by TRUEJEDIBLOOD

I know this is outdated but **** me!

Operatives should heal their dps is average

Sorc dps falls behind the line they should heal

Snipers yes mm or leth.

Top 3 would be

1.pyrotech

2.marauder

3.sniper

At least currently, doesn't even matter about spec.

This is fact, multiple combat logs with all classes, all dps get the job done

But those 3 are op classes

in my team, top 2 would be pt, sniper,

they r not op, just depend on boss's skill,

aoe top is sniper,

mobile top is pt.