Best possible way of making credits? Give me all ya tips <3

RavenousRIzzy

Well, money isn't terribly hard to make in this game. Doing dailies nets a pretty big chunk once you reach level 50 and have some decent gear.

As far as crew skills, I recommend underworld trading and try to run as many metals missions as possible for Mandalorian Iron. Diplomacy is another decent option for the Radioactive Paste. Slicing is another decent one for both the Advance Neural Augmentors and the max level missions that come from the lockbox missions.

Those are all mission skills, so if you take all 3 of those, you won't be doing any actual crafting, but if all you want is money, those are probably the big 3.

The richer people on the server are probably Cybertech's, Artificers, and Armstech people who can clear all the toughest operations and who's guilds let them reverse engineer all the mods for guild use. Once those guys have the schematics, they make big bucks selling the mods, or charging other players to make them.

Well, money isn't terribly hard to make in this game. Doing dailies nets a pretty big chunk once you reach level 50 and have some decent gear.

As far as crew skills, I recommend underworld trading and try to run as many metals missions as possible for Mandalorian Iron. Diplomacy is another decent option for the Radioactive Paste. Slicing is another decent one for both the Advance Neural Augmentors and the max level missions that come from the lockbox missions.

Those are all mission skills, so if you take all 3 of those, you won't be doing any actual crafting, but if all you want is money, those are probably the big 3.

The richer people on the server are probably Cybertech's, Artificers, and Armstech people who can clear all the toughest operations and who's guilds let them reverse engineer all the mods for guild use. Once those guys have the schematics, they make big bucks selling the mods, or charging other players to make them.

He speaks the truth. The most profitable form of crafting is to RE specific drops (whatever the BiS tier of Hilt/Barrel and Armouring is at the time). Formerly the moneymaker was Campaign Hilts/Barrels Armourings now it's Dread Guard. But remember, there are no Skill using tanks in the game, so Patron gear is a waste. I think Dread Guard gear minus patron is generally a safe bet.

I´m looking to make millions. Which crew skill combinations is best? And what items is good to farm (and where can I do it) <3

Raid end-game content twice a week, reverse engineer EVERYTHING you'll get in order to get schematics. Craft, sell, profit. If you get an exclusive item charge uber high to prevent r/e. Abuse legacy gear to r/e your stuff. I.e. Raid with artifice character and send mods/armorings/barrels to your alts via Legacy Gear.

That's my story. My sig is tad outdated :rolleyes:

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

Three steps:

#1 Patience Patience and more Patience. There is NO WAY to make millions over night. This is the biggest stumbling block I come across. If you try to run the race like the hare you will lose; you need to be the tortoise - slow and steady wins the race. Go for that big score and you will only be disappointed. Craft lots of little things at a modest profit, they will sell consistently and your coffers will grow.

#2 Set a goal and stick to it; "keep your eyes on the prize" - if you want to make a million credits do not spend a hundred thousand on some new shiny you see someone wearing. which leads into...

#3 do not spend any credits on anything you do not absolutely need. You'd be surprised how much saving your credits impacts your credit making process.

Three steps:

#1 Patience Patience and more Patience. There is NO WAY to make millions over night. This is the biggest stumbling block I come across. If you try to run the race like the hare you will lose; you need to be the tortoise - slow and steady wins the race. Go for that big score and you will only be disappointed. Craft lots of little things at a modest profit, they will sell consistently and your coffers will grow.

#2 Set a goal and stick to it; "keep your eyes on the prize" - if you want to make a million credits do not spend a hundred thousand on some new shiny you see someone wearing. which leads into...

#3 do not spend any credits on anything you do not absolutely need. You'd be surprised how much saving your credits impacts your credit making process.

1. My record was over 10 mil one night (and i bet there are better ones) so cut the poppycock. :) If you manage to get a rare thing before everyone else then you can make a lot in a very short time.

2 and 3 on the other hand are very true.

1. My record was over 10 mil one night (and i bet there are better ones) so cut the poppycock. :) If you manage to get a rare thing before everyone else then you can make a lot in a very short time.

Yes, but how often does this realistically happen? I've been playing since launch and consider myself to be reasonably well off financially yet have never sold anything for more than 1mill... and that happened about twice. Slow and steady is a perfectly viable way to make money in MMOs. Most of my millions came from selling hundreds of items worth 10-50k apiece

I believe the point psandak was making, especially for people just starting out, is to not dismiss the 10k profit and only look for 1mill profits. Every little bit helps.

Edited by Beltane

I did dailies till I almost vomited. Well... I sorta did. In my mouth. But. I had a stack of good credits. AND I got lucky. Before the improved chance to get an augment in sabers I popped out an augmented tank's double blade. Sold that puppy for 3 mil. When the vendor showed up selling BOE crystals on the fleet I spent every dime I had on hawkeye purple crystals. Now I sell them for roughtly 1-2 mil a piece every few weeks to keep the market from getting too overloaded. I have about 20 left, but I can afford whatever I want in this game. Course... I'm a very cheap SOB.

What I find helps..never log with any companion available to run a mission sitting idle. Even if it is something as mundane as the ordinary companion gift mission. Each login you are generating goods/revenue for you to use later.

Whatever you choose as your way of playing the market, crafting, farming, etc. Never leave your team idle. It's always nice logging in with a mass of materials/crafting items ready for your bidding ;)

2 and 3 on the other hand are very true.

Did you do that when you only had 100K? probably not. When starting from scratch you have to be patient.

Further, if you do get that rare thing before everyone else, you hit the lottery. If you depend on that to make your fortune you will be sorely disappointed.

In my experience, selling the raw materials is usually more time efficient and profitable than selling crafted products. There is probably opportunity for selling crafted mid-level gear for a profit, but I've never taken the time to try to figure out which items are actually worth making - I just sell the raw mats and call it a day.

Someone mentioned augments - I have to disagree. You can very easily buy grade 22 purple augments for 60k each. You can also easily sell those purple materials (4 are required for the augments) for 15k each. If you want to split hairs, you can sell the materials required to make the augment then buy the actual augment for a slight profit.

Even if you get your hands on BiS schematics, the only time you're actually going to make a profit is within the first week or two, or when you crit while crafting. There are plenty of crafters that will make BiS schematics for free with provided materials, so it's tough to sell a pre-crafted item for more than the cost of raw materials.

I think Underworld Trading, Scavenging, and Bioanalysis are the most profitable crew skills. If you're raiding consistently and have access to RE those end-game armoring/mods, Cybertech is also a very good choice. I say Cybertech because there's the greatest opportunity for items to RE (armoring and mods) and you get a +5 crit bonus from your ship droid sensor. So Cybertech provides the most numerous opportunity combined with a high chance to crit.

Someone mentioned augments - I have to disagree. You can very easily buy grade 22 purple augments for 60k each. You can also easily sell those purple materials (4 are required for the augments) for 15k each. If you want to split hairs, you can sell the materials required to make the augment then buy the actual augment for a slight profit.

This is true, but you are completely discounting the prototype (blue) quality augment market, each one can sell for as much as 15k. But even at the low end of ~6k they are still profitable because the subelectronic data modules are valued at about 500 a piece. All the augments sell eventually you just have to be patient and re-post them everyday until they do.

Probably blue armorings, mods and enhancements for leveling are a good idea.

With many players burnt out on questing, plus boost experience from cartel market, planet commendations arent being collected fast enough to upgrade people's alts gear. So the need to buy with in-game creds to upgrade.

The whole adaptive armor thing only helps this, since ppl can have the look they want from very low levels but at the cost of having to upgrade it regularly

And F2P characters are screwed with the planet commendation thing, so most likely they'll need to buy gear as well.

If you don't expect making 60k profit out of a single lvl 25 blue armoring, I think you could make good money selling bunch of them

It may also be highly profitable to craft low level items. Sure you wont make millions like you do with grade 27 armorings but it can generate a decent amount of cash!

example: With one of my twinks i recently tried the Artifice route for the first time....

I learned the level 11 endurance enhancement.

As there where no level 11 enhancements on the gtn at that time i figured it might be a good idea to fill that spot and i was damn right.

I sold ~30 blue lvl 11 enhancements within 24hrs for 12.500/each so thats around 350k in 24 hours and thats on a level 13 character that only got around 20k from my main....

Edited by Davenmor