CE game, Heroes' Banner not even bound to CE players.

demonssword

When the F2P service came out as Collectors Edition players we were meant to get a "Heroes' Banner". However you only seem to get one on making a new character. Because of this i can make multiple new chars and send them to my other chars.

What adds insult to injury though is that the item isn’t bound or only usable by CE players, so I could or anyone could just send them to anyone, thus making our CE special reward even more WORTHLESS.

This just adds the sour cherry to the top of the already bad tasting ice cream that you had said you would be adding more items to the CE vendor and VIP vendor in the VIP room, and have added nothing since launch.

I seriously wonder why I even bothered to buy the CE version of the game at launch when all we got was a single set of armour to ourselves, and a companion pet if we wanted to buy them.

Will I and other CE players actually be getting something for ourselves to make up for this load of rubbish and broken promises we have had to put up with?

what's this obsession with "unique" items?

The obsession with the "unique" item in this case was that it was meant to be our reward for being owners of the CE version of the game that we had paid for.

I know for our extra money we got things like the malgus dolly and the CD soundtrack and Artbook or whatever it was. And most important the Security Key.

But this was meant to be a reward for us, not as someone else said something that could be spam created by making new chars and posting them to anyone and everyone.

I'm glad it's not bound, that means I can sell/give away any ones I don't want to people who do want them. I'd say you'd be amazed at what people buy but you probably wouldn't (this in reference to me selling a couple copies of a free item in LOTRO that is easily available to every player who owns the questing area).

Besides, we got 1000 cartel coins for our CE. The coins are more valuable than the banner, I would think. Plus, didn't DDE owners get the banner as well, after complaints that they wouldn't be getting it? I know it still says CE on the free page but I swear that they changed it (not the page, obviously) to include DDE owners.

I expect it to be fixed in a future update. Because I'm sure some players are already exploiting this bug, creating and deleting new characters in loop just to to sell the hero's banner to other players.

To fix the damage already done is another story because while rolling back GTN transaction involved with the Hero's Banner could be easily done, it's not the same story about player to player trades involving more than a direct credit trade.

Bioware could also just decide to delete every Hero's Banner on non-CE accounts. But that would not be really fair to the innocent buyers.

Or they could replace every Hero's Banner on non-Ce accounts with a Republic or Empire banner. That would be more acceptable I guess.

Or they simply gonna do nothing about it and say that is how the item is supposed to be in the first place :p

I expect it to be fixed in a future update. Because I'm sure some players are already exploiting this bug, creating and deleting new characters in loop just to to sell the hero's banner to other players.

To fix the damage already done is another story because while rolling back GTN transaction involved with the Hero's Banner could be easily done, it's not the same story about player to player trades involving more than a direct credit trade.

Bioware could also just decide to delete every Hero's Banner on non-CE accounts. But that would not be really fair to the innocent buyers.

Or they could replace every Hero's Banner on non-Ce accounts with a Republic or Empire banner. That would be more acceptable I guess.

Or they simply gonna do nothing about it and say that is how the item is supposed to be in the first place :p

Just as long as they don't decide to start banning players who are creating and deleting alts constantly... cause I've done that since the start of the game. I'm always trying to get them to look 'just right' before leveling and can spend a whole day just creating and deleting alts.

Just as long as they don't decide to start banning players who are creating and deleting alts constantly... cause I've done that since the start of the game. I'm always trying to get them to look 'just right' before leveling and can spend a whole day just creating and deleting alts.

Bioware would have no reason at all to do that, unless it was done as a mean for a game exploit.

And anyway if they decided to take action about the Hero's Banner (I doubt they will beside eventually patching the item), they can exactly know who was involved into abusing it with few requests on their server logs. ;)

When the F2P service came out as Collectors Edition players we were meant to get a "Heroes' Banner". However you only seem to get one on making a new character. Because of this i can make multiple new chars and send them to my other chars.

What adds insult to injury though is that the item isn’t bound or only usable by CE players, so I could or anyone could just send them to anyone, thus making our CE special reward even more WORTHLESS.

This just adds the sour cherry to the top of the already bad tasting ice cream that you had said you would be adding more items to the CE vendor and VIP vendor in the VIP room, and have added nothing since launch.

I seriously wonder why I even bothered to buy the CE version of the game at launch when all we got was a single set of armour to ourselves, and a companion pet if we wanted to buy them.

Will I and other CE players actually be getting something for ourselves to make up for this load of rubbish and broken promises we have had to put up with?

Try engaging that lump of meat between your ears and reading before you hit the QQ button? There is a sticky at the top of this very board specifically created for issues with Heroes Banner and missing Party Jawas. But ok, I'll do it for you:

Last update I heard the missing Heroes Banner was a bug that is being looked at. The short term workaround is to create a new toon (because it is awared to newly created toons) and mail it to your main. Then delete the new toon and create another new toon, mail the banner to your alt. Rinse and repeat.

The fact that the banner does not bind is part of the same bug that is currently being investigated.

Of course, you could always do nothing and wait for BW to fix it.

Hope that helped.

Driz

Try engaging that lump of meat between your ears and reading before you hit the QQ button? There is a sticky at the top of this very board specifically created for issues with Heroes Banner and missing Party Jawas. But ok, I'll do it for you:

Last update I heard the missing Heroes Banner was a bug that is being looked at. The short term workaround is to create a new toon (because it is awared to newly created toons) and mail it to your main. Then delete the new toon and create another new toon, mail the banner to your alt. Rinse and repeat.

The fact that the banner does not bind is part of the same bug that is currently being investigated.

Of course, you could always do nothing and wait for BW to fix it.

Hope that helped.

Driz

Now to quote yourself "Try engaging that lump of meat between your ears and reading". I knew that the fact people wernt getting them was being investigated, and as i said myself, i knew that i could make alts and trade the items to my main. What i was unhappy about is that the item wasnt DDE or CE bound so was free to be traded away with unlimited stock. When they have put in loads of items that are Bind on Legacy, this should have been done to this item as it was a reward for CE or DDE players.

If you read the post they put up it just says they know that people didnt end up getting it when they should, not the problem of it being unbound so a free toy to all those with a mate with DDE or CE, or those stupid enough to pay for it.

Wait a second. Why aren't you blaming other CE owners? So, basically, other people who bought the CE don't need to feel "special" over possessing virtual items and would rather have credits and that's BW's fault? Sounds like some of your other CE owners have spoken and they don't care about having "special" items.

That's Incorrect. In 1.2 they added Taunta to CE Vendor. It was not there at launch. So other than that I completely agree with you. They should delete all heroes banners and resend them only to CE owners.

That's Incorrect. In 1.2 they added Taunta to CE Vendor. It was not there at launch. So other than that I completely agree with you. They should delete all heroes banners and resend them only to CE owners.

They said "regularly updating", even with the most generous of definations 1 tauntan in 12 months isn't really that. :csw_yoda:

Wait, I actually payed more then 2k for something that can be spam created? .........great

And you consider that alot of money? If you do then can you please record your reaction to the prices of Rank 3 Speeders and send the clip to me? Always up for a laugh.