The Sith are the dumbest villains ever.

MBirdy

My problem with the Sith is the fact that they don't even seem to understand their own code. Nowhere in there does it say "murder everyone ever and kick puppies in the face because it's fun." I don't really understand where that came from, other than Bioware trying really hard to make Sith the "bad guys"...

Let's look at the Jedi code for a moment, just to see how ridiculous BW's duality is:

You guys... You... You are aware that the Sith and Jedi, and their core philosophies, aren't Bioware inventions.... Right?

That the Sith are puppy-kicking, children-eating murderrapists from Hell was established in A New Hope and elaborated on in future movies, sequel as well as prequel. That Jedi were passionless monks without attachments, earthly or spiritually, was established in that same movie, and elaborated on extensively in the prequel movies.

The flaws in the arguments, the stupidity of the Sith, and all the other laughable and problematic things with the Jedi and Sith orders weren't Bioware inventions. How on Earth could anyone ever think that?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys... You... You are aware that the Sith and Jedi, and their core philosophies, aren't Bioware inventions.... Right?

That the Sith are puppy-kicking, children-eating murderrapists from Hell was established in A New Hope and elaborated on in future movies, sequel as well as prequel. That Jedi were passionless monks without attachments, earthly or spiritually, was established in that same movie, and elaborated on extensively in the prequel movies.

The flaws in the arguments, the stupidity of the Sith, and all the other laughable and problematic things with the Jedi and Sith orders weren't Bioware inventions. How on Earth could anyone ever think that?

They were. Lucas gives enough freedom to choose otherwise. And there are many authors that did. Even the ones that wrote for that game. Drew Karpshyn for example.

Does Palpatine or any Sith from the movies acts like a complete sociopathic moron ?

It was BW's choiche to interpret sith that way. And i honstley dont like it. But they did so in kotor before, so i didnt expect much more.

Thing is imho BW isnt that bad. There are many NPC siths that are pretty reasonable and definitley see the sense in LS acts.

Beside the Taris thingy, there are many LS actions you get praise for doing, even by Sith superiors.

I mostly blame the DS/LS system, wich encourages acting complety moronic to get the DS5 to get the benefits of it. That way it becomes a thing to just farm and imho undermines the whole point why swtor is a game worth playing: The story and the roleplaying in a Star Wars universe.

If I wouldnt want that I would go play WoW or Rift, because honestly the mechanics of WoW are far superior to that in SWToR

Edited by Lugtor

I am on Taris now, and i have problems to motivate me RP wise to play on as Imperial, and concidering rerolling Republic.

Your are on Taris, and the whole point of is, is to demolish it because you could. "Taris was destroyed by sith centuries ago, and now the Republic tries to rebuild it. We will demolish it again and keep it that way!" So why?

I can see the reasoning behind this. It's to instill fear and despair. It's to crush any hope they have by destroying what they build. It's to not allow them the strength that comes from rebuilding what was loss.

They are only dumb because you only make DS choices for DS5.

Its OK. You can make a few LS choices. You dont need to exclusively pick DS. Run Black Talon when you want to farm DS, dont worry about getting 100 LS for making a smarter choice.

Yeah, i wonder why BW made Sith that way. I mean their lead writer is the guy who wrote Darth Bane.

But then: The Dark Brotherhood is formed because the Sith realized how flawedtheir system is and that they will never beat the Jedi if they keep infighting. Darth Bane then notices that the Brotherhood isnt the Sith Way either, because its too Jedi like. So he introduces the Rule of Two to solve the problems of infighting and being too Jedi like.

The Sith in the ToR area are just complete moronic, socopathic, humicidal, pychotic maniacs and you wonder how they manage to run an empire.

I am on Taris now, and i have problems to motivate me RP wise to play on as Imperial, and concidering rerolling Republic.

Your are on Taris, and the whole point of is, is to demolish it because you could. "Taris was destroyed by sith centuries ago, and now the Republic tries to rebuild it. We will demolish it again and keep it that way!" So why?

There is a line where they at least TRY to give reason: Taris rebuild would become a symbol of republic fortitude and a major military stagign point. This somewho made it kind of reasonable, but still...

As for beeing an imperial Agent at that time:

You'll work as double agent in the republic, and while beeing recruited you can say:"i have seen enough death. the empire brings and knows only death. im sick of it" (not cited exactly)

The time beeing i would be perfectly happy to defect :rolleyes:

It's like Telos from KoTOR, the rebuilding of Taris has dozens of other destroyed worlds hanging on it's sucess or failure. It's all a mind **** more or less, demoralize the Republic by sabotaging their efforts to rebuild a symbol of sith domination.

TL;DR - Stop killing stuff to fuel your anger and conduct yourself diplomatically and you just MIGHT not go through endless cycles of getting wiped out by the Jedi throughout Star Wars history.

You know, I'm pretty sure the Jedi have gone through a fair few cycles of being wiped out by the Sith throughout Star Wars history too

Heck, the current Jedi Order in TOR is not quite 300 years old

Edited by Tullianus

It's like Telos from KoTOR, the rebuilding of Taris has dozens of other destroyed worlds hanging on it's sucess or failure. It's all a mind **** more or less, demoralize the Republic by sabotaging their efforts to rebuild a symbol of sith domination.

well yeah, i admit it makes kind of sense in a pretty hot cold war setting.