Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

Cheezfriend

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Topic #3: Oceanic populations. Are we doing anything about them?

Answer: We are very aware of the concerns with the population levels on the Oceanic servers. The problem is pretty complex, as the solutions we have either split the populations further (like allowing Oceanic players to move to North American servers), or would force players to go to server types (PvP or RP, etc…) that they do not want to be on. Our current plan is to wait for Free-to-Play to launch and see what the influx of new players does to the populations of these servers. We will give it a little time and if we do not see significant improvement, then we will move ahead with the solution that offers the best playing experience for the Oceanic community.

Why don't they put that Theory to the test and open up transfers to the PVE server? Lets see how many of us don't want to play on what server.

I don't think I've posted in this thread before but my friend & I are another two players on Master Dal'Nara who are wishing there was a healthier population.

Losing world PvP would be pretty lame but I still think it's for the best that the Oceanic servers all get merged.

We have just been rolling alts since there's not very many people to play with at 50, but between the two of us we have a level 50 of most classes now. An endgame would be nice!

Just letting Bioware/EA know that the APAC region still exists. The planet is round and we haven't slid off the edge of the world into some void of unknown.

Also, great patch... Love all the new **** to buy.... But what good is it if I can't get a flashpoint, op or warzone?

Is it possible that our APAC servers are located in the wrong place. If I'm correct, they are located in either Sydney or Melbourne. And if I'm also correct, the leases for the servers could be up if they're on a 12 month contract. Why not have them relocated to the top end of Australia or even an off shore area so we can accomodate the people from ASIA.

Tell me if this is possible? Yes we may all gain a little ping, maybe people from the west will lose some, who knows.

Is it possible that our APAC servers are located in the wrong place. If I'm correct, they are located in either Sydney or Melbourne. And if I'm also correct, the leases for the servers could be up if they're on a 12 month contract. Why not have them relocated to the top end of Australia or even an off shore area so we can accomodate the people from ASIA.

Tell me if this is possible? Yes we may all gain a little ping, maybe people from the west will lose some, who knows.

Would be too little too late for most of us, as without transfers we would not want to leave or 4+ 50's on a west coast server. I can not speak for everyone in northern part of asia, but when APAC servers opened I tested the ping and it was way too high compared to west and even east coast servers and never requested my toons for be transfered during the offered time.

I think most internet connection (fibre optics and otherwise) are transmitted around the world using submarine cables, and if you look at the map here you will notice that there are only a few entry points from outside into Australia, and Sydney is one of them.

Having the servers in northern Australia may actually worsen the connection for us. Perhaps offshore area would be better, but I doubt Bioware/Ea would want to reinvest in relocating their servers just for us 'few' non-Oceanic people.

Edit: Oh, and bumpity bumpity bump. Still awaiting your good reply dear Bioware.

Edited by Prabhunath

Has the latest state of the game turned anyone else off playing???

I haven't played in 10 days and have no real urge to as I really have lost faith a bit :(

good to see your still posting while you can :) the CS are pushing people away in droves and I guess that's what they want for the Oceanic servers.

I haven't played in 10 days and have no real urge to as I really have lost faith a bit :(

Me!

Slowly but surely, my interest in continuing to play is dying, however my interest in SW:tor is a strong as when it first launched. The game is great, just the management and CS makes Bigpond support look 5 star.

I've unsubbed today. I have 4 months still of paid time but I doubt I'll play much. I subbed for 6 months in good faith of this being resolved, but **** it they're not.

They seem too bloody devoted to pushing out $5 recoloured crystals and other cartel market rubbish. There's no point in any of that for us as we can't use it for anything anyway... No heroics, flashpoints, ops or warzones so what's the point?

It wasn't a polite unsub message, I'm beyond polite, it's just too frustrating. And I used up the remaining comment spamming MERGE APAC SERVERS.

It truly is out and out discrimination now. We are being discriminated for our geographical location. Denied what US and Euro servers got and still get.

But as I signed off on my unsub, "You've got my money so you don't give a ****".

Then SWTOR sent me an email about being eligible for "preferred status player".... **** you Bioware, **** you very much.

Found this thread in page 2 - It must remain on page 1 so it can be ACTIONED

My guild on Master Dal'Nara is getting encreasingly frustrated that this issue is not being addressed. As much as I hate to say it, but many of them are just not playing. Personally, I love the hell out of this game, its the only game im interested in, but like most people I too have my limits on how much I can handle. I wish someone would just MAKE A DECISION - ACTION THIS ISSUE either good or bad so we can move on.

Found this thread in page 2 - It must remain on page 1 so it can be ACTIONED

My guild on Master Dal'Nara is getting encreasingly frustrated that this issue is not being addressed. As much as I hate to say it, but many of them are just not playing. Personally, I love the hell out of this game, its the only game im interested in, but like most people I too have my limits on how much I can handle. I wish someone would just MAKE A DECISION - ACTION THIS ISSUE either good or bad so we can move on.

My guild is in the same boat. About 25 or so players, most don't log on much anymore. They haven't posted in this thread because I do it as GM.

So, non of this BS BW about just a handful of players complaining. Entire guilds are getting fed up with your inability to make a decision.

My guild is in the same boat. About 25 or so players, most don't log on much anymore. They haven't posted in this thread because I do it as GM.

So, non of this BS BW about just a handful of players complaining. Entire guilds are getting fed up with your inability to make a decision.

Better to have them all post, I would suggest everyone ounce telling how they feel about the state of the game. To be honest this game is not going to be on my HD much longer I love starwars, but I have played all the toons now, and what else is left? No PVP (even if there was it's so out of balance) and PVE never pops.

^ This! I've lost my raid team to The Bastion :(

I've contacted Joveth Gonzales the community manager, Gordon Walton the ex Executive Producer of SWTOR and I'm currently trying to get in contact with Jeff Hickman.

Joveth so far has made no replies, not even a single word. Through Twitter, Facebook, Reddit and this forum he has still completely ignored any form of communication about this subject...

Yet he continues to answer RPer's queries about cosmetic clipping and the damage it does to their gaming experience.

I've almost had it. If it weren't for my guildies I'd be long gone. The fact this has taken so long and that we are still waiting has completely destroyed Bioware's reputation in my head. European and US players will say 'But it's just an Oceanic problem', well the thing is I'm an Oceanic player, so its a problem that effects me and a lot of other people that Bioware don't realize. If something doesn't happen before Rise of the Hutt Cartel then I have no reason to keep playing this game.

Edited by Tom_the_Narwhal