Can more than one character own a stronghold?

Vigilark

I have a stronghold on coruscant. I just tried to get one there with another character of mine, doesn't seem that I can without spending a lot more money than my previous character. I was stupid and hit spacebar through all the npc chatter at the stronghold npc. He probably explained it. :( How do my other characters acquire strongholds? Can they? I'm thinking my first one I got was only 3 credits. But when I looked at the stronghold directory just now it's asking for way more credits for one it seems.

Once you buy a stronghold it is unlocked for all characters tied to that legacy. To go to the strongholds that you own open the stronghold menu with either the U key or the stronghold icon on your icon bar. This window will list all the strongholds that you currently own under personal. Also if your guild has a ship or stronghold they will be listed on the guild tab which you can select on the left side of the window. On those lists find the place you want to travel to and select the green travel button under that location.

You can do this at any time. It works well for those that have level 1 characters if you have legacy gear or other items you want to transfer to them since you can go to the stronghold at level 1 and pick the items up from the legacy bank.

By name, strongholds are listed as belonging to a single character (e.g., "Mireleni's Galactic Stronghold"), but in implementation, strongholds belong to your legacy, and all of your characters will be able to interact with your stronghold with the same privileges (you can put in decorations and invite people there on any of your toons). The one snag is that if you buy one of the capital world strongholds (Kaas City or Coruscant), your characters from the opposing faction will need to pay a small fee to be "smuggled" onto that capital world. The advantage of these strongholds, though, is that they are cheap to buy.

You probably bought either the Kaas City or Coruscant stronghold (depending on which faction you were using), which is why when you looked into buying another stronghold they were very expensive, because the only ones left for you to buy on that same faction are the much pricier Tatooine and Nar Shaddaa (these are faction-less strongholds that anyone can visit without paying a smuggling fee). But all of your characters can share the stronghold you have already, unless you have characters on the other faction that you don't want to have to pay the fee to shuttle them there all the time.

What happens if I delete the character I bought the stronghold with?
Nothing. Houses are tied to Legacy, not characters and you can't delete/reset your legacy from a server. The only thing you will lose will be pet/mount decorations that only your deleted character had. Every other decoration is linked to Legacy directly and any character can use/place/modify it.