Cross faction

MouseNoFour

I am on one of my Republic alts. I see an Empire player and decide to chat to them via /s. Silence. The most they will do is target my character, before mounting up and zooming off.

Another time, i am on one of my Empire alts. I happen to come across a Republic player. 30 mins later, we finish chatting and go on our way. Both myself and the other player enjoyed our little chat.

Why is this ALWAYS the case?

I am on one of my Republic alts. I see an Empire player and decide to chat to them via /s. Silence. The most they will do is target my character, before mounting up and zooming off.

Another time, i am on one of my Empire alts. I happen to come across a Republic player. 30 mins later, we finish chatting and go on our way. Both myself and the other player enjoyed our little chat.

Why is this ALWAYS the case?

cus some ppl are too close minded

By 10 years, i obviously refer to multiple MMO's of varying kinds.

You never said that on the OP, nor did you say the scenarios were fictional. Seeing as you have no data, your experiment is inconclusive and your hypothesis incorrect. We can generalize all we want, but when we throw in the word always, you can't have that one stray variable.

Well... Pub players do seem friendlier. Not sure I can back that up, but it seems that way.

I'm in a guild with chapters on both sides and on the Pub side we have never done anything untoward to the Imps. It has never come up. But on the Imp side we have gone out of our way to "get" to the Pubs. I may get some hate for this but, there have been rare occasions where our Imps noticed Pubs gathering for a WB and we gathered in mass to cause havoc with their plans. :D

It seems to me that when you are playing on the darkside you have a little more licence to be evil in general.

As for talking to the other faction? In my experience, many don't know how to do it. So when I do initiate a crossfaction conversation, they don't know how to respond both figuratively and literally.

I made those scenarios up on the spot to illustrate my point. I come from almost 10 YEARS of MMO experience.

I've been playing for over 12 and can tell you you're wrong.

I can also tell you the use of 'always' is where you're at fault. 'Usually' would be correct, but not 'always'. As a general rule, different factions attract different people and promote different behaviors. Yes, there are exceptions, but as a whole this is the case. How many years did WoW have stigmas for one faction or another?

As for talking to the other faction? In my experience, many don't know how to do it. So when I do initiate a crossfaction conversation, they don't know how to respond both figuratively and literally.

Probably this. As an IA I've noticed Republic players on Ilum, but aside from the odd duel they mostly ignore Imp players. So this is just anecdotal evidence but from what I've seen it happens both ways.