Pay to withdraw from guildbank

Wolferio

This idea involves the guildbank. I think it would be nice if you can create one "merchant tab" on the guildbank. The idea is simple, the guildmaster and officers could tag a price to an item, which has to be paid in order for someone to withdraw it. In this way, guildbanks are getting a healthy balance, which can be spent on guildrepairs, or maybe even a new tab.

Tell me your ideas about it :)

I like the idea of it being possible for items to be given a withdrawal fee, but rather than adding one tab to the guild bank that has this functionality, I would much rather see this functionality being optional on each guild bank tab.

As to automated skimming from loot drops, I worry that it won't be very workable when it comes to non-guilded players. If non-guilded players were to not have anything skimmed from their loot, it could encourage more players to refrain from joining a guild. If non-guilded players were also to see their loot reduced, despite not having a guild for the credits to go to, it would cause an uproar. Neither situation is desirable.

I like the idea of it being possible for items to be given a withdrawal fee, but rather than adding one tab to the guild bank that has this functionality, I would much rather see this functionality being optional on each guild bank tab.

As to automated skimming from loot drops, I worry that it won't be very workable when it comes to non-guilded players. If non-guilded players were to not have anything skimmed from their loot, it could encourage more players to refrain from joining a guild. If non-guilded players were also to see their loot reduced, despite not having a guild for the credits to go to, it would cause an uproar. Neither situation is desirable.

Very valid points !

I really like the idea of a function for setting up whole tabs with different prices for withdrawl.

1) It could be used to kill guild bank raiding by unscrupulous guild members - without having to set item quantity withdrawl limits.

2) it would create a convenient system where avid players would support the guild as much as the guild supports them.

3) a guild "store" is more egalitarian to players with variable amounts of time to commit to playing than a regularly scheduled payment of dues.

I also like the idea of a small 5% "tax" paid like a GTN listing fee just as an additional credit sink. We need more credit sinks.

I don't think it should be a skim, but rather an additional 5 or 10% generated. I remember WoW has this (I quitted it when it came out tho), and it worked like a charm. It only count for money earned by killing mobs, not with mission rewards.

I would stick with 5%, looks a little amount, but that's 50 credits on every 1000. Multiply that with all your active members.

And a little tax going to the game itself would be okay. Consider it a service from the GTN.

I would rather that BW skim off, say, 10% of the credits that we loot and deposit them directly into the Guild Bank. This way, each time we loot something we will automatically be helping our fellow Guildies.

Is that cool, or what? :D

No, I don't that is a good idea based on what I seen in wow. A player creates a guild simply to be a cash guild. The way the op stated his idea is better since you have to put items people want to buy in guild bank, which will most likely be ops items. Thus, the people who run ops need to agree to those terms and it's not just free credits for the gm.

I'd imagine a guild bank tab configured for trade would be useful for anything. Could be ops consumables, could be materials, could simply be crafted gear. Just so long as anything placed on the tab configured for trade could have a price tag attached; the guildie removing the item from the guild bank would see in a tooltip what the item costs and removing it would automatically pay for the item.

• 2 weeks later...
No, I don't that is a good idea based on what I seen in wow. A player creates a guild simply to be a cash guild. The way the op stated his idea is better since you have to put items people want to buy in guild bank, which will most likely be ops items. Thus, the people who run ops need to agree to those terms and it's not just free credits for the gm.

Haven't seen that drawback yet to be honest. But you are right. Maybe it is even an idea to not even give the GM rights to withdraw items. Let's say if the GM decides that the tab becomes a "normal tab" again, instead of a "market tab", all the current items get mailed to the original depositer. That way nobody can be a ninja/robber.