Female robes. Ugh.

Toravisu

You mention you want more sexy male outfits, maybe give some examples.

Just go to the nearest kiosk or store and pick at random a few fashion magazines not aimed at women 60 and over.

Or if you are in somewhat of the right age bracket just look around when you are clubbing.

Even in the game there is Satele Shan's outfit as others have mentioned. Plenty sexy in an entirely different style and manages to give off the 'I am comfortable with myself and don't need to appeal to you for approval' kind of vibe.

Or just ask a few female students of fashion academies to come up with outfits -they- find sexy on their star wars characters male and female. You know, just to spice things up a little in the design team. (and yes, I know they have internally switched gears but it will be several expansions before we can see the first evidence of that)

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is your only option except for the other options you have... right.

Options that randomly appear in packs you have to pay real money for. Or cough up over half a million credits for on the GTN, in the case of the Phantom Chestguard.

Not to mention that they come in black and black+brown, while the the ruined pieces come in all sorts of colors (including lavender <3).

So basically I'll have to settle for being Darth Revan.

Just go to the nearest kiosk or store and pick at random a few fashion magazines not aimed at women 60 and over.

Or if you are in somewhat of the right age bracket just look around when you are clubbing.

Even in the game there is Satele Shan's outfit as others have mentioned. Plenty sexy in an entirely different style and manages to give off the 'I am comfortable with myself and don't need to appeal to you for approval' kind of vibe.

Or just ask a few female students of fashion academies to come up with outfits -they- find sexy on their star wars characters male and female. You know, just to spice things up a little in the design team. (and yes, I know they have internally switched gears but it will be several expansions before we can see the first evidence of that)

I don't imagine real world fashion applying to Star Wars all that well. For example, I don't imagine seeing the tight blue jeans and white T shirt, being all that Star Wars-y. Though most of the leg options are tight fitting.

I also don't imagine the Tux being to Star Wars-y.

Admittedly, I'm basing this off the movies, which don't ever show any male in either of those.

I know I don't find the slave bikini sexy at all. So sexy is a matter of opinion and thusly "sexy outfits are lacking is a matter of opinion"

I know I don't find the slave bikini sexy at all. So sexy is a matter of opinion and thusly "sexy outfits are lacking is a matter of opinion"

Well ain't that the truth? As a (slightly) older guy, I find that sexiness has a lot more to do with elegance and confidence than revealing outfits that display lots of bare skin. In fact, the latter just reeks of insecurity and a need for attention and that is not sexy or attractive at all. In the context of a video game, it's all just a wee bit greasy and distasteful and I generally try to avoid players who feel the need to dress their female toons in slave costumes.

Well ain't that the truth? As a (slightly) older guy, I find that sexiness has a lot more to do with elegance and confidence than revealing outfits that display lots of bare skin. In fact, the latter just reeks of insecurity and a need for attention and that is not sexy or attractive at all. In the context of a video game, it's all just a wee bit greasy and distasteful and I generally try to avoid players who feel the need to dress their female toons in slave costumes.

I don't know. I can see it being a sexy outfit, if the art department did a better job on it. I think the dancer top is much better than the slave bikini top in terms of quality/detail. All the bikini bottoms are ugly though.

But yeah, isn't the attention seeking why people are running around in it? I know it can't be because of the lore aspect.

Does anyone have a list of the bare midriff armour because I think they are cool, the only one I have at the moment is the modifiable aspiring knight's chest and would like a new one.

Edit: I'm not trying to seek attention with it, I just think it looks cool and unique, ever since I saw Aayla secura and she stood out because she didn't just wear traditional robes.

Edited by LordRaeth

Does anyone have a list of the bare midriff armour because I think they are cool, the only one I have at the moment is the modifiable aspiring knight's chest and would like a new one.

Edit: I'm not trying to seek attention with it, I just think it looks cool and unique, ever since I saw Aayla secura and she stood out because she didn't just wear traditional robes.

If you go to the GTN and search for customizable chest pieces (sorted by name), it's fairly easy to find a bunch of them with the preview function.

A high level synthweaver may be able to help you out. I'm only at around 220 on my synth and the only two other chest pieces that I found that use the same model are the Combat Synth Vest (medium) and the Heavy Thermal Chestguard (heavy). These are both level 15, as is the Aspiring knights piece. I don't have enough schematics beyond level 29 to be able to tell you if there are any others.

It has great potential to be an awesome resource... but why would someone go through all that trouble to make this wonderful page and then not have any kind of organization to it? At least sort by armor type or alphabetical.

I think it works pretty well as it is.

Sorted by acquisition type first (in the menu), and then split into armor type and faction... or tier.

Edited by JediMB

I don't imagine real world fashion applying to Star Wars all that well. For example, I don't imagine seeing the tight blue jeans and white T shirt, being all that Star Wars-y. Though most of the leg options are tight fitting.

It is not that hard to add a little detail here and there to give it a slightly more science fiction look and feel. They did manage with the jumpsuit and the pants after all. But then I am guessing you were being facetious for reasons known only to you.

I also don't imagine the Tux being to Star Wars-y.

I don't know. It is a classic for a reason, and a man who wears one well can look mighty fine in one :)

Admittedly, I'm basing this off the movies, which don't ever show any male in either of those.

No, but if you are honest, the movie and especially this game, make you feel like you are running around in a futuristic version of a mao commune. Everybody(*) is running around in the same utilitarian futuristic version of the mao suit. It is just work clothes and dolled up coveralls even in places where people supposedly live or relax.

(* with the exception of the senate tower on coruscant).

The movie was like that too, though it made a little more sense there since there really was very little interaction with people not at their job, and for most of the movie that job was being in the military.

The game though shows us plenty of civilians. And everybody on every planet has a remarkably similar style of dress. Even on Tatooine where long robes and scarfs would make more sense against the heat and sand or Nar Shaddaa were you expect to find plenty of people looking to have a good time (or are too impoverished to have shining new clothes).

Of course the complaint is a personal one, but that was not the original poster's intention nor the point of other comments. What it boils down to is that Bioware adds what it consideres sexy clothing for female characters only (*) and that it defines sexy along the line of 'less fabric is more sexy'. (* I am aware of the phantom armor yes)

The first is catering to a stereotype that Bioware should be above, considering their position on other gender related issues. The second is unneccessary. It is easily possible to create sexy styles of clothes that do not involve applying a shear to vast quantities of fabric.

None of us wants to get rid of sexy clothes. It is just that at least part of the playerbase who cares about clothes and the messages they send to others, would like to see a better effort at creating sexy clothes for men, and a greater variety of it for everybody.