Same gender relationships clarifications?

elexier

Yeah, it is always possible, but it is definitely more complicated that taking a few jokes and replacing them with another. I don't think they would go through the trouble to just add a few incomplete flirt lines to existing companions,, that would make more people upset than happy, which is why I think they'll go with new companions that they can start out from scratch with, and not have people worry about having already gone through all their current companions' conversations before a change was implemented.

How do you know it's only going to be 2 flirts? I don't think anything has really been revealed about it yet.

Which is why I made my one suggestion some posts back. Don't go back and reinvent the wheel. Just add on from where it ends now.

Last I recall, if done right, classes with multiple options have been able to hook up with both their romancable options. So if they just add in new dialogue/cutscenes, it wouldn't be any different from that.

And sense none of the romances seem to take off untill chapter 3, and at least one class can't even get the option untill their last companion, it's not like anyone is being cheated.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sad that Ashara is the only female companion for SI. I'd rather eliminate her than romance her. I think it is a good start to have the option on NPCs for now. MY SI would absolutely romance someone (male or female) just to meet her personal goals.

We can see how it is received with NPCs and maybe then decide to put resources into more complex companion stories.

Bluh, if we could eliminate anyone I hope it's Xalek. That dude is so boring, even the droid is a more interesting companion than him, at least it says something.

Agents then require more non-human companions, then :p Harkness is omnisexual, after all.

*steeples fingers* *waggles eyebrows* Good. The more the merrier. :cool:

Another strong contender for SGR - in my opinion at least - would be Talos Drellick. Who wouldn't love to bond over geeking out about history?

Another strong contender for SGR - in my opinion at least - would be Talos Drellick. Who wouldn't love to bond over geeking out about history?

He would have been a nice OGR as well, complete opposite of Andronikus. Talos would bring flowers, ancient artifacts and you'd have tea and cakes while discussing Sith history and culture... should be SGR as well, he's freaking adorable.

*steeples fingers* *waggles eyebrows* Good. The more the merrier. :cool:

Quite possibly the best of the companions for the SI. Had Talos been a romance option I would have seriously considered it. He just has so much pep and personality, unlike boring "action man" Andronikos.

Quite possibly the best of the companions for the SI. Had Talos been a romance option I would have seriously considered it. He just has so much pep and personality, unlike boring "action man" Andronikos.

I was actually shocked that Talos wasn't an option! He's a human. I thought for sure Id get to choose between him and Andronikos.

Though to be fair, I thought Talos gave off a SGR vibe.

I run by the optimistic system of "lowering one's expectations so that one might never be disappointed"

So you should. I fact we all should, if we personally care about SGR or not.

The more I think about it, the more I see how much Bioware has to deliver in the next couple of month and with the mini expansion:

1. Good Leveling Experience to lvl 55

2. Meaningful lvl 55 pve content (both flashpoints and operations)

3. Meaningful lvl 55 gear progression for pve and pvp

4. Balancing lvl 55 pvp and pve talents skills

5. Continunation of the class (and companion) storys

6. Fixing the known bugs

7. Fixing World pvp

8. Meaningful SGR

Let`s be honest, if Bioware would be able to get just half of it right, we should be happy.

While I personally do not care about SGR, I can totally see why its a big thing for other people and hope that the Developers can make it happen. It is, however, safe to assume, that most players do care more about many other points on this list than SGR.

Lets hope we all will be pleasantly surprised.

Andronikos does a voice made of pure sex, though. Almost as good as the male Agent.

Bluh, if we could eliminate anyone I hope it's Xalek. That dude is so boring, even the droid is a more interesting companion than him, at least it says something.

Well, this is off-topic, but I would have Ashara and Xalek fight to the death. Then I would eliminate whomever won that duel.

On topic, yeah, I would think Talos would be up for SGR. Or nothing at all. He strikes me as someone who would never think about romance. He's married to his work!

That of course would leave the male Consular with zero SGR options with current companions, which is interesting. .

Well, you could make a case for Zenith, I suppose. He's a bit abrasive, but at least he doesn't seem to be biased. :p

PS - To me,

Andronikos = Spike Spiegel

Torian = Vash the Stampede

actually I have heard both those guys do a zillion anime voices

Edited by chuixupu

Well, you could make a case for Zenith, I suppose. He's a bit abrasive, but at least he doesn't seem to be biased. :p

PS - To me,

Andronikos = Spike Spiegel

Torian = Vash the Stampede

actually I have heard both those guys do a zillion anime voices

Dang, I forgot about Zenith. Maybe because I thoroughly disliked him. His german VA was horrible. Since I'm now playing with english audio, I might give him another chance at being... well, interesting. :rolleyes:

He also did kinda strike me as straight though. :p

Edited by Lent_San

Dang, I forgot about Zenith. Maybe because I thoroughly disliked him. His german VA was horrible. Since I'm now playing with english audio, I might give him another chance at being... well, interesting. :rolleyes:

I really didn't pick up anything from in any way, he is the kind of guy that is focused on his goals and career and nothing else. He definitely is a bit of a jerk....I kept taking negative affection hits with him for disagreeing with his ideas. I kept wanting to reform him but it didn't seem to be working. :( But he was still a lot more interesting than Iresso, with his mysterious past that never really amounts to anything.

I really didn't pick up anything from in any way, he is the kind of guy that is focused on his goals and career and nothing else. He definitely is a bit of a jerk....I kept taking negative affection hits with him for disagreeing with his ideas. I kept wanting to reform him but it didn't seem to be working. :( But he was still a lot more interesting than Iresso, with his mysterious past that never really amounts to anything.

My femConsular basically started romancing Iresso because he was the only option left, due to my dislike of Zenith and Tharan being holidaysexual. :p While I did not initially find Iresso that interesting either, he kind of grew on me, not to the point that I'd say I adore him but to the point that I could see him being cool for my Consular.

I agree about Zenith being a jerk. The few times I got him out of the ship, I found him overbearing and ranting too much. :rolleyes: I've never seen his softer side though, maybe he's not such a jerk if you actually romance him. Right now, I'm not too inclined to try. :p

Can't see him being of interest for a male Consular of mine. I'd try, if it was the only SGR option available but my feeling tells me it wouldn't work for me. :cool:

As much as I'd like to say otherwise, since it's the first char I played to 50, the Consular story (including the companions) is a little dull. A new companion for that class could possibly add some spice though. :)

Edited by Lent_San

Just peeking in to say that I would adore Zenith as a romance option, OGR for me, SGR for anyone who wants it. His English voice actor is Troy Baker if you haven't gotten that far yet and, may I just say, yum-my :D

Just peeking in to say that I would adore Zenith as a romance option, OGR for me, SGR for anyone who wants it. His English voice actor is Troy Baker if you haven't gotten that far yet and, may I just say, yum-my :D
Wasn't he romanceable for a female Consular? I thought he was. I never really checked. :p

No :( to my everlasting disappointment. Iresso's growing on me, but Zenith is just...mmm.

That's odd. :( While I didn't dig him, I don't see why he shouldn't be an option.

Should they rework old companions, they should definitely make him available, if only for OGR.

I'd think this would work better than SGR for him anyhow. :)

I'm not looking forward to play a Consular. It looks like the only interesting companion, you get on Belsavis.
It will be interesting to start a Jedi Knight. It's the other force-using class on Rep side, but it's written by Hall Hood and so far I'm quite pleased with how he wrote the smuggler. I'm inclined to see his take on the force.

I can't really say much about the Jedi Knight's companions since I haven't played that class yet, but Doc seems interesting for SGR. Scourge.... not so much. :p

That's odd. :( While I didn't dig him, I don't see why he shouldn't be an option.

Should they rework old companions, they should definitely make him available, if only for OGR.

I wonder that about quite a few of them.

Zenith, Scourge, Tanno, Rusk, Talos, Xalek, Lokin, Gault and to an extent Scorpio. All human/nearhuman appearance, or at least no real different than the romancable Twi'lek, Vette.

Xalek may be the mask or not near human enough, and Scorpio because she's a robot, but her AI (from what Ive seen so far) seems to be a more advanced AI, I could be wrong on that. And they may just not want to do the humanoid/droid relation part.

But the rest, I don't see why not.

My thought on it is that for the characters who aren't current LIs, there wouldn't need to be much of a rework. Scourge and Zenith (the two top picks on my wishlist for OGR :)) don't really warm up to the player till the end of Ch3, so it would actually make sense if their romance arcs started in Ch4. Talos, Pierce....

Now for the characters who are current LIs, reworking makes sense to include SGR options for those who want it, possibly with a reset option for companion conversations for existing toons. That would make sense to me.