Bring back the old project!

Maxiiimuss

the new dumbed down versions of project and force wave are just awful. my favorite part about playing my shadow was that he picked up different objects and smashed people with them or jumped up into the air and pushed them away. they looked, sounded, and seemed really powerful. now theres almost no animation at all, you can't even see the rocks getting thrown, and they seem weaker since the animation is weak. bring back the old project at the very least, this "damage delay" is negligible and petty when immersion into the world and feeling like youre using the force like before is what the game is about. every move has some sort of delay in any game due to an action sequence.. now they just look awful and ruin the fun of the class, thats not a good trade for a measely .3 second quicker number pop. Edited by Maxiiimuss

Well the point was for PvP, the delay made it pretty easy for stealth classes to get out of your project. I like the changes, the only thing i dont like about the changes is wave only pushes forward now.. but i dont use wave much as a tank.. lol so, GOOD JOB BIOWARE! :)

I second this the old project wa sone of the coolest looking moves in the game. After they changed it i got so bored with my sage i gave up and rerolled another class. I honestly can careless about this "pvp unbalanced crap" Instead of changin the animations of a cool move why didn't they add a charge for shock. Bioware you really did a bad decision :mad:

Strictly visually speaking, I can agree that Project has not the same feel than before, but Force Wave is fine.

Maybe they could change a bit the movement that our Consular does when doing Force Wave, but I don't miss the jump...

I mean, if I wanted to jump bump, I could do it myself manually. The jump was really the "too-much-thing" for me.

It's the kind of thing that look cool first, but because it's not a move that's necessary and looks like acting (does he really have to jump before generating a wave which emits from his body and not from the shock with the floor ?), it gets old pretty fast and then it's boring as hell.

Now, about the movement... I'd prefer they would do the same "hand push" that Knghts does or rather similar to Inquisitor's Shock for better timing instead of the "BOO ! Ah, you're all scared !" move with the arms.

Now, mechanicly speaking, their change are good.

Clearly you've never seen the Inquisitor knockback animation…

The Project animation really annoys me. Always did. The change they made was to correct game balance, which I think is more important than cosmetics. However, I'd be even happier if they'd fix this horrible "rock throwing" themed class and give Project and Telekinetic Throw decent, Jedi-ish animations.

Throwing junk, rocks and pebbles as the signature move of this jedi class always has and always will sux. At least with speeded up junk throwing it reduced the sux from a game mechanics point of view. But make no mistake, the sux is still there.

Throwing junk, rocks and pebbles as the signature move of this jedi class always has and always will sux. At least with speeded up junk throwing it reduced the sux from a game mechanics point of view. But make no mistake, the sux is still there.

Anyone who says "sux" loses all credibility to anyone over the age of 11. Every star wars movie has a pivotal point where a force user throws and lifts objects to attack. You fail at life.

• 5 months later...

Agreed.

I want the old project. I am very disillusioned with my sage. I pick the sage SPECIFICALLY because of project.

More visibility to the devs.

EASY WAY TO FIX IT. COMBINE BOTH ANIMATIONS. Have the instant rocks near the target, for the "INSTANT" component, and combine it with the OLD PROJECT. 2 rocks, 1st rock - do dmg, 2nd rock, do no damage. It's really only a second apart at best. If that talent procs, then we get 4 rocks.

Everyone is happy.

Edited by Frega