Slicing whiners = wah wah I can't make easy creds anymore!

SunwindIon

When the whole point of the profession is 'run missions for a net credit gain, slow but steady' then yea... taking that away is kind of a big deal.

Personally, I've had fine luck thismorning. Downward trend in credits, but still getting missions. I may switch over to treasure hunting as my full time work horse though, blue items sell much better than the 9999999999th Kuat Drive Yards Missile Magazine on the GTN.

Slicing may have needed a small adjustment, but they completely killed it. I feel bad for anyone who didn't level this pre-nerf, as it is going to be an incredible money sink now with no real pay off.

At least other mission skills provide mats you can either sell or use for crafting. Augments are all we have, which will be worth diddly-squat till 50 and even then (if the current market is any indication) the pay-off is non-existent. Epic 49 augments are going for 1500-2k on my server at the moment. Ridiculous.

quit whining and just be glad you got on the gravy train to begin with and are already ahead of the curve because of a broken tradeskill :rolleyes:

FAIL POST always FAILS.

Try harder next time you troll, the troll gods frown upon you.

Edited by CapC

Slicing may have needed a small adjustment, but they completely killed it. I feel bad for anyone who didn't level this pre-nerf, as it is going to be an incredible money sink now with no real pay off.

At least other mission skills provide mats you can either sell or use for crafting. Augments are all we have, which will be worth diddly-squat till 50 and even then (if the current market is any indication) the pay-off is non-existent. Epic 49 augments are going for 1500-2k on my server at the moment. Ridiculous.

I'm curious, have you actually had a chance to log in and check that out properly, or are you just basing your comment on an assumption garnered from an ambiguously worded patch note?

When the whole point of the profession is 'run missions for a net credit gain, slow but steady' then yea... taking that away is kind of a big deal.

Funny where does the game say that. The website says: Slicing – a skill in accessing secured computer systems and lockboxes to acquire valuable data and rare schematics

And holy crap!! You can get schematics, missions, augments, etc. Treasure Hunting lockboxes have always returned less $$ than cost to send...and the items sell for less to vendors than the cost unless you manage to find a buyer...just like the stuff returned from slicing.

All the complaining about this profession seemed strange to me to begin with.

A gathering profession that only offers credits is overpowered because you get more credits than other professions? How in the world does that make sense to anyone?

Gathering Profession A: Spend credits, get materials in return that you have to sell to get credits.

Slicing: Spend credits to get more credits, which you then spend to buy materials from other professions.

I don't see a problem with that. I haven't tried it out yet, but was it really that unbalanced?

Quick, question (offtopic duh) am I seriously the only one with Synthweaving? I don't see any threads about it, and looks like cybertech and other skills can make armor just like synthweavers...

did i pick the wrong crew skill? :confused:

Also, you make alot of money just by questing, WZ, pve/pvp in general, stop whining. :)

Edited by Nastar

Personally, I've had fine luck thismorning. Downward trend in credits, but still getting missions. I may switch over to treasure hunting as my full time work horse though, blue items sell much better than the 9999999999th Kuat Drive Yards Missile Magazine on the GTN.

Who's going to buy your blues? Slicing provided a nice even flow of credits into the game economy, now there is a line at the skill trainers with people dropping it.

You have had much better luck than me, over the last 12 rank 3,4 and 5 missions I've made about 120 credits in total after losses.