Denova HM 8, Kephess droids calibrating until inmune to damage

where exactly do you find that this was supposedly a bug before 1.4 and was fixed in 1.4? I see nothing that corroborates your claim....

It's written on the buff's tooltip since denova's release. Is that "exact" enought ?

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

regardless you are missing the point.

As content ages you make it easier not harder. Even if that means leaving an old bug without fixing it. Then you would just update the tooltip and leave it be. Also did you ever think maybe the age old tooltip was wrong?

If you do not understand that, sorry for your loss. Also in all honesty, for my group, with our composition this 'fix' to the three droids was a harder mechanic piece that then end stage mechanic with kephess himself. But I am sure that just means I suck in your eyes. Oh whatever shall I do.

Come on BW, there has been patches deployed since this bug was discovered.

You managed to copy-paste in the wrong code, it should be no problem to copy-paste the correct code back in and deploy a tiny patch.

Seriously, people are doubting the talents of your programmers.

We managed to kill Kephess 8man HM we wiped the first time because people were slacking and missed the interrupts on the last droid (we died to the purple sludge on ground)..

2nd attempt, cleared it with little effort now that people were actually awake and paying attention, unlike the we just used to go in not focus and face roll. Other than those interrupts... Same fight same simple mechanics.

And we had the healers doing interrupts as well. Downed middle, left, then right as you look at walker from entrance. And this was with our Rakata alts and maybe 1 or 2 people in Campaign/BH quality... Just focus the interrupts assign a rotation and call it a day!

We managed to kill Kephess 8man HM we wiped the first time because people were slacking and missed the interrupts on the last droid (we died to the purple sludge on ground)..

2nd attempt, cleared it with little effort now that people were actually awake and paying attention, unlike the we just used to go in not focus and face roll. Other than those interrupts... Same fight same simple mechanics.

And we had the healers doing interrupts as well. Downed middle, left, then right as you look at walker from entrance. And this was with our Rakata alts and maybe 1 or 2 people in Campaign/BH quality... Just focus the interrupts assign a rotation and call it a day!

Say we had two Merc healers and one Merc DPS in one of our raid groups. How do you suggest they manage the interrupts considering their interrupt channels and they only have 1 second to interrupt the droid?

Mercenaries have 30-meter interrupts every 12 seconds. In this scenario, for every one you interrupt, that same person cannot get the next two. With that in mind and in your case, have one healer interrupt, then the other healer, then the DPS. Once you get the first three down, the rest of the interrupts are simple because everyone knows when it's their time to interrupt: When your ability is back up! In other words, keep tabs on your cooldown timer.

Focus on your interrupts first, then you have over 12 seconds to do whatever you need to do (i.e. heal or DPS) before having to do it again.

We do a 4/2/2 composition where it's a Tank/DPS/DPS/DPS, Tank/DPS, Heals/Heals interrupting their respective droids (we have a tank start by attacking the healer droid to maintain initial threat). Ideally, the first droid will have zero stacks when downed, and the other droids will have at most three stacks (this is assuming Rakata gear) once the other three DPS goes to assist the Tank/DPS and the free Tank assists the Heals/Heals.

Keep in mind that downing the droids will be consistently longer than what it used to be in 1.3, so always keep note of where the Warstrider Battlewalker will be firing as they may be different from what you've been accustomed to.

If any droid ever gets to eight stacks, your group is simply incompetent or has internet access not meant for games like this. Basically, if you've ever fought the LR-5 Sentinel Droid in Lost Island or the Nightmare Pilgrim, you would understand how critical it is to interrupt Incinerate and Gore. It's okay to miss an interrupt; you just can't miss all of them. In this case, up to 8.

Edited by xGBox

I'm well aware of the game mechanics and how interrupts work. Doesn't a merc have a cast time for their interrupt? Also, pre 1.4, if Denova was meant to be like this, how would it be possible?

No, and no class has a cast time for their interrupt ability.

EC HM is still tuned for a full Rakata-geared group. After all, that's how the initial people back in 1.2 did it, why can't anybody else? On the other hand, most people tend to get stuck during certain bosses so they continuously do what they can and get the gear from the bosses they can kill until they can pass the checks being thrown out by the game, whether it be DPS, healing, or overall endurance.

However, Rakata, Black Hole, and Campaign gear does not affect what you now have to do during droid phase.

Edited by xGBox

You're missing my point.

PRE 1.4, how would this be possible with 3 or more mercs? If that's how the boss was designed in the first place, it is flawed.

Having three Mercenaries in a fight with such a mechanic can simply be concluded as a flawed group composition. I mean, I would never bring four melee DPS to pioneer Hard Mode Jarg and Sorno, especially with everyone still in Columi gear back then.

If you insisted on running three Mercenaries pre 1.4, you would have to counterbalance that with other classes that have shorter interrupts such as Sith Warriors with 8 second interrupts and Powertechs with up to 6 second interrupts with 2/2 Hitman, which will give you ample opportunity to interrupt most Calibrating Shots.

Edited by xGBox

We did this last night on 8-player hard mode without much issue. The patch will make it easier, but it does look like the added coordination check will remain. Ideally, you want to throw all your dps on one droid to get it down fast, and putting your tanks on one droid each. When the first droid dies the other two should be at 2 or 3 stacks at most. You then put players in a 3 interrupt rotation and you can get -every- cast. The way it worked pre-patch it allowed for several errors. Now there's even more room for error. So this shouldn't be a problem.

As for the flawed mechanic thing, they probably meant for the fight to be like this all along but couldn't do it til commandos got an interrupt. That's smart. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Don't really see any need for it to become fixed, just make sure to assign people to the different droids, give them clear information about in what order they should use their interrupt and it shouldn't be an issue for any group. I had a guildrun yesterday were we only had three DPS (late at night and no real will to bring in some PUG and everyone else was asleep in guild) meaning we only had seven ppl in total, and we had no real problem with it, and I want to note that we had no marauder/sentinel in our group.

With mercs/commando getting a interrupt it shouldn't really give you any trouble with a full premade, you just need to have a raidleader that knows what he is doing and Tanks/DPS/Healers that can use their interrupt.

Edited by RikuvonDrake

The bug/change didn't do anything to us. This is a 16man mechanic that was put in 8man so we just adjusted and 1 shot it every time.

Control your interrupts, big dps, do work.

<3

Are there any other 16 man mechanics on HM Kephess that aren't on 8 man HM Kephess?