OPS so overpowered in pvp

Denerio

Lmao.. it's like the qq when they gave us roll.. QQ dies after a couple weeks..

agreed... Just cry it out people.. you will be ok I swear....

If you don't believe me .. go look at some vids of pre patch 1.2 Ops/scoundrels... then thank your lucky stars its not anywhere near that bad

You do realize that threads like this are only making things worse, right? It's the same deal as with every other so called fotm (if ops dps is fotm is highly questionable though).

And if you don't know, threads like this make people believe that a certain class/spec is OP which results in more of them in every warzone. So something that initially wasnt that big of a deal quickly becomes one. Same thing as when people got word of maras actually being good, one mara is not as problem but 4 smashers on the same team are.

Now, what IMO would make ops, or any stealth, fotm worse than for instance hybrid PT'es or maras is that they're stealth. It is incredibly boring to play against numerous stealthers and perhaps even worse to be on their team when you're a non-stealther. Having a lot of stealthers on the team results in the following:

*You, as a non-stealther, will become a priority target for the other team, due to the fact that they can't see the rest.

*One stealther is usually good at single handedly throwing away wins on AHG, by consistently getting farmed on the offnode. Now you'll have several of them spread out across the map. It will result in more stupid node-trading games, possibly my biggest PvP pet peeve. I like to play with a plan and based on statistics and that's totally out the window when you all of a sudden have several "stealth heroes" on the team.

The only positive outcome is that some of the current ops healers will respec.

Edited by MidichIorian

Ops are not overpowered.

All burst and no sustainability = weakness if you are countering the burst. Damage is much stronger sure, but if you aren't sleeping and have some skill, you can beat them as anything besides a Marauder (Marauder, you'll have to be super leet and able to beat an operative DPS now. Class and spec disadvantage is immense between those two now, good luck countering an op DPS as anything besides Smash).

Problem is, the spec is designed to prey on weak links in a team and in most matches where I play, the derp is the most common type of player in the WZ. Team where majority are too stupid to react to fast paced burst + spec like Concealment now being able to compete again = disaster situation.

Love the spec and love to see it back in action again, but be ready to deal with the hard conversion taking place. It's capitalizing on how stupid players have become with the derp mode arenas being the center stage for ranked, so you'll see either a mass exodus of the bads or a forced improvement/change desperately needed to help the standard of player.

Edited by ZooMzy

Ops are not overpowered.

All burst and no sustainability = weakness if you are countering the burst. Damage is much stronger sure, but if you aren't sleeping and have some skill, you can beat them as anything besides a Marauder (Marauder, you'll have to be super leet and able to beat an operative DPS now. Class and spec disadvantage is immense between those two now, good luck countering an op DPS as anything besides Smash).

Problem is, the spec is designed to prey on weak links in a team and in most matches where I play, the derp is the most common type of player in the WZ. Team where majority are too stupid to react to fast paced burst + spec like Concealment now being able to compete again = disaster situation.

Love the spec and love to see it back in action again, but be ready to deal with the hard conversion taking place. It's capitalizing on how stupid players have become with the derp mode arenas being the center stage for ranked, so you'll see either a mass exodus of the bads or a forced improvement/change desperately needed to help the standard of player.

what you are getting now is the derps being operatives and still succeeding. Way to go.

Mass exodus....great for the game. SWG part 2.

what you are getting now is the derps being operatives and still succeeding. Way to go.

Mass exodus....great for the game. SWG part 2.

Lol, derps playing an operative right?

Hardly. The class is still easy to gank to zero, they just got some much needed firepower.

Only reason why it feels so OP right now is because more than likely, a massive majority of you are playing Marauders or some other weak DPS class that can't stealth. Get used to it, or play a spec that can counter burst damage. Even then, Op DPS requires you to counter burst by being quick on the reaction to it. Majority of the people suck too much to respond quickly to damage.

Much needed purge is about to happen, least on my server.

Much needed purge is about to happen, least on my server.

This game can't really handle too much more of a purge really. But I guess the cartel market could float it for awhile longer. Make sure you buy stuff Zuhara so you can continue playing with the so-called PvP elite.

That is not a smart stance to take.

This game can't really handle too much more of a purge really. But I guess the cartel market could float it for awhile longer. Make sure you buy stuff Zuhara so you can continue playing with the so-called PvP elite.

That is not a smart stance to take.

Lol, it's not a stance that will lead to the game's end. This game lives off PvE and the CM, PvP has been dead since the announcement of arenas.

It's a purge of the bads, not the purge of the decent. A fast reaction and a couple of CDs popped = Op DPS countered on any class besides a Marauder and maybe a Sorc healer. It's going to force people to either step up their game, continuously get farmed without improving and get used to being exploited, or quit PvP altogether. I would hope either the first or third of those happens, as this game's PvP has always failed because of number 2 in that list. The spec deserves this buff, and I support this initiative as it is also an indirect attempt to enhance the quality of PvP.

If you don't like this, then that's fine. The game mode isn't designed to support the casuals, and it never should be. Sorry that the majority of the population is casual and not competitive, and that alone means death of PvP since there is no such thing as "successful and casual competition". With the develops not realizing this before and their negative attempts to try and cater to this casual player base, they have crushed the PvP community.

I welcome them taking a step back in the right direction, such as the buff to a spec designed to exploit lack of reaction speed. Even if the game community has gotten a little too comfortable with the current standard of derp deathmatching being the only way to success.

Edited by ZooMzy

Ops are not overpowered.

Great post. I 100% agree.

Operative dps is the biggest joke of a spec available in the game today. Pop and get focused by more than 1 player? Dead. Get taken out of stealth prematurely? Dead. Queuing yolo tonight there has been no class I would rather not see than another ***** Op dps coming out the woodwork trying to capitalize on a (not really) ftm class. The average operative is a joke. If you can't beat up the squishiest thing that exists in the game, find another game.

Nerfs?....da lulz, smash is still here, and you cant beat smash qq.

Speaking of smash why hasnt it been buffed yet? 100% crit aint enough it needs some lovin

OP DPS is now way close to smash... VS Smash you can still act, stun them, do whatever you can and you go down fighting...

VS Op/Scoundrel you get stunned and generally either die stunned or you are at like 20% when they are done stunning you... and die in the next hit. This is not even close to fun, i am in a 300 man guild(only 160 active) and most have said they won`t do PvP until it gets to normal again, as you can`t do **** vs a team of operatives.

And while their defense might be ok for a 4v4, in a normal warzone even healers die instantly as they usually don`t have a tank to guard them due to the randomness... it basically produces a very frustrating gaming experience for everyone except the Scoundrel/Operative.

That said, they DPS can stay, but if their stuns don`t go they will have people quitting again as its no point rolling something else and getting rolled by Scoundrels/Operatives. And yes this is because everyone is playing one now... but i doubt they will stop as long as they are so powerful.

VS Op/Scoundrel you get stunned and generally either die stunned or you are at like 20% when they are done stunning you... and die in the next hit.

op/scoundrells are die like in 2 hits.

It have been so and it is still is.

I have leveled my scoundrell as a scrapper all the way.

And i had used to the moments when im «get a wrong turn» and find myself against more than 1 enemy. I was dead in 3-4 seconds. Respawn. going out to area again and hoping not to draw attention.

The life of a scrapper is very hard. it is now SLIGHTLY better. but not to the big amount.

These fun moments when 2 smashers land on you and your only one defensive CD are already used...

This is not even close to fun, i am in a 300 man guild(only 160 active) and most have said they won`t do PvP

Cant imagine what PvP will be if all the bads will wont que WZ.

And while their defense might be ok for a 4v4, in a normal warzone even healers die instantly as they usually don`t have a tank to guard them due to the randomness... it basically produces a very frustrating gaming experience for everyone except the Scoundrel/Operative.

Shocking news! 3 people can kill one with a focus fire!

That said, they DPS can stay, but if their stuns don`t go

lol.. What «all the Stuns» are you talking about? Opers have only one 4sec hard stun. And the other one is a 1.5 sec «stun» only usable once per fight that require oper to be in stealth and behind the target...