Trimming the Fat

iEuthanasia

So, I just recently picked up Artifice on an alt for the sole purpose of RE'ing Enhancements for Stabs. Why in the name of all that is holy are there so MANY Enhancements that have IDENTICAL stats? I'm seeing something like FOUR of the same enhancements with different names. Leveling up to 400 I didn't pay much attention and just spam bought all the skills like I've done for other crew skills. I've always been a bit anal when it comes to recipes and can't stand leaving some on the vendor. I like having them all even knowing full well that I will NEVER make most of them.

Could Artifice perhaps be given a once over and remove the duplicates?

bwahahaha i did the same thing at launch. i wanted to be the best artificer on the server! if someone asked me "hay buddy can you make for me a blahblahblah" i could say YES!

it wasn't until almost level 40 that i stopped blindly buying all the recipies and actually took a look at the stats. there are, indeed, numerous duplicates. but this may be an error in the recipe tooltip and not the actual item made. i recall a few examples where the tooltip said one thing, but after i learned it the item was slightly different. with so many recipies, the devs got lazy and copy/pasted the bulk info before adjusting the details.

of course, this led to numerous mistakes. the same thing happened in Anarchy Online with the Jobe Clusters. i cba to go back and find any specific examples, since artifice is pretty much moot at this point anyway. your story made me laugh though.

Edited by Arlanon

I have every single enhancement at purple rank 22 and they all sell.The only ones i dont bother with are the ones that are rewards so there are 4 pages of them at 5-10k each.The rest all sell for 53k on my server.....so to me there is no fat if everyone i put on the gtn sells.

i dont think you smelled what he was cooking

No i did but to me it doesnt really even matter since they all sell.There about 12 enhasncements that have duplicates..... i would hope they would adjust the stats on them instead of getting rid of one copy so those of us that RE everything in the recipe book would not feel like they got robbed from time energy and items.

Huh, and here I was, hoping that all these identical Enhancements would become different once I REd them and learned the higher level versions. Is that not the case?

Example: Green Assault and Wily both have identical Crit and Surge on them, I was hoping Blue Assault might end up with higher Crit and Blue Wily higher Surge or something like that.

Huh, and here I was, hoping that all these identical Enhancements would become different once I REd them and learned the higher level versions. Is that not the case?

To a point it is...Rank 27 versions of the duplicates have different stats