Least Seen Companion

Mantang

Probaly the tank companions if you talk level 50. even while leveling tank companions aren´t used much.

Very true. Less effective overall, and some are awful (I understand tank comps were considered overpowered in beta and nerfed). Healer companions are overused IMO. Ppl think they'll get thru their dailies faster with a healing comp but that's not always the case. Most of the ranged dps comps can really rip it up. Properly geared, they're actually occasionally useful in open world PvP too, if you can keep them up for most of the fight.

Edited by klham

Blizz. Never seen a bounty hunter take him out ONCE.

Odd, because Blizz is actually pretty cool for a healer Merc. In a pinch, you can give him your old gear/armorings/barrels/etc. And while he doesn't do Torian's sick DPS, he can hold his own quite well. And, to be honest, even Bodyguard Mercs do quite nice DPS themselves, for leveling purposes anyway.

And as icing on the cake - Blizz is just an awesome companion to have around. He's easily the most likable companion Bounty Hunters get, and that alone made me want to use him.

Do I still use Blizz as a companion? No, I prefer to go with Torian, since he just shreds through mobs. But Blizz is still a close second!

Anyway, regarding the Marauder/Broonmark comment on page 1:

On my Marauder I have only ever used Jaesa and Vette. I could maybe use Quinn, but frankly I don't need him. The DPS a Marauder & Vette/Jaesa combo puts out really is enough to slaughter everything the story throws at you and then some.

Odd, because Blizz is actually pretty cool for a healer Merc. In a pinch, you can give him your old gear/armorings/barrels/etc. And while he doesn't do Torian's sick DPS, he can hold his own quite well. And, to be honest, even Bodyguard Mercs do quite nice DPS themselves, for leveling purposes anyway.

And as icing on the cake - Blizz is just an awesome companion to have around. He's easily the most likable companion Bounty Hunters get, and that alone made me want to use him.

Do I still use Blizz as a companion? No, I prefer to go with Torian, since he just shreds through mobs. But Blizz is still a close second!

Anyway, regarding the Marauder/Broonmark comment on page 1:

On my Marauder I have only ever used Jaesa and Vette. I could maybe use Quinn, but frankly I don't need him. The DPS a Marauder & Vette/Jaesa combo puts out really is enough to slaughter everything the story throws at you and then some.

blizz was my mainstay for my bh as soon as i got him. he's hilarious and a good tank

I've literally never seen Blizz. Haven't played as much as most you guys, but never seen him (her?).

I rarely see him either. For my bounty hunter I alternate between Mako and Gault. I love leveling with Gault because if you have him attack first you can mow through some mobs. The higher level elites is when I bring the Mako out. And of course once I aquired HK he became my DPS companion. :D

So many people say that healers use tank companions. I must be odd. I use Temple with my Operative and Andronikus with my Sorcerer. I end up "tanking" while they tear the mobs apart. I find it easier to heal myself than it is to heal them,

The companions I never see are Scorpio and Dr. Lokin. But I don't pay a lot of attention to other peoples' companions.

So many people say that healers use tank companions. I must be odd. I use Temple with my Operative and Andronikus with my Sorcerer. I end up "tanking" while they tear the mobs apart. I find it easier to heal myself than it is to heal them,

The companions I never see are Scorpio and Dr. Lokin. But I don't pay a lot of attention to other peoples' companions.

I use Akaavi almost constantly with my Sawbones and have never regretted it. And I managed to persuade a friend to use Yuun with his Combat Medic, who he's now very pleased with. I'm always surprised how few of either I see around the Fleet or on planets. I almost never see either.

For assassin, least-used are Khem Val (useless after 50 IMO) and Ashara.

I can tell you - as a darkness assassin, meaning a tank, it drove me nuts to have him around. The last thing I need is another tank as companion, so I put his toggles into damage mode, but he still doesn't excel at that. Being light side and have a creep with such mindless taste for carnage around didn't help much either. His obsession with Tulak Horde didn't make it much better - I'd rather have him locked up in his again, so he can reflect on how everything was better until the end of eternity. It was kinda nice having such a giant monster around - a pretty woman with a her beast. But as soon as I got Andronicus I kinda dumped him.

But effectively he's still the most often used companion around and you won't find another until somewhere mid-progress on Tatooine. And since there is a lot low level players around these days (the most busy planets are Coruscant and Nar Shaddah), you still seem him pretty often. A low level Assassin just doesn't have a choice.

Edited by Rabenschwinge

I think the companion I've seen the least running around is Skadge.

On my merc I mostly use Mako and Blizz. Mako, just because my bh was my first main character and I was too used to her by the time I picked up the next companion, and Blizz cause he's adorable. Skadge stays on the ship, always, don't even send him on crew missions (the -1000 pts he's carrying would make him fairly useless there anyway). If I could find a way to airlock him, I would, but he will never smell planet air.

My vanguard uses Jorgan almost exclusively (heavy armor dps + heavy armor dps = crap just DIES). Once in awhile I'll pull out the others just to put them through their paces, but 99% of the time I run with Jorgan. M1-4X probably gets used the least just because of gear.

My sentinel uses Scourge and Kira, mostly Scourge. I like Scourge :o Rusk gets used the least cause he's ridiculously irritating. T7 has better gear than any of my other droid comps since I had him geared for the last fight, but if I'm using a tank, I'm using Scourge.

My sage uses Zenith almost always. On rare occasions I'll pull out Iresso, but it usually only lasts a fight or two and then Zenith comes back out. Nadia gets used the least cause her voice grates on my nerves.

My operative uses Vector mostly, occasionally Kaliyo. Temple gets used the least because her voice, too, grates on my nerves. High pitched, whiny voices on supposedly grown women - blech.

All my other toons are leveling so they're stuck with a limited number of comps.

Edited by iamthehoyden

I think the companion I've seen the least running around is Skadge.

On my merc I mostly use Mako and Blizz. Mako, just because my bh was my first main character and I was too used to her by the time I picked up the next companion, and Blizz cause he's adorable. Skadge stays on the ship, always, don't even send him on crew missions (the -1000 pts he's carrying would make him fairly useless there anyway). If I could find a way to airlock him, I would, but he will never smell planet air.

My vanguard uses Jorgan almost exclusively (heavy armor dps + heavy armor dps = crap just DIES). Once in awhile I'll pull out the others just to put them through their paces, but 99% of the time I run with Jorgan. M1-4X probably gets used the least just because of gear.

My sentinel uses Scourge and Kira, mostly Scourge. I like Scourge :o Rusk gets used the least cause he's ridiculously irritating. T7 has better gear than any of my other droid comps since I had him geared for the last fight, but if I'm using a tank, I'm using Scourge.

My sage uses Zenith almost always. On rare occasions I'll pull out Iresso, but it usually only lasts a fight or two and then Zenith comes back out. Nadia gets used the least cause her voice grates on my nerves.

My operative uses Vector mostly, occasionally Kaliyo. Temple gets used the least because her voice, too, grates on my nerves. High pitched, whiny voices on supposedly grown women - blech.

All my other toons are leveling so they're stuck with a limited number of comps.

Well, if you think her voice is annoying, think 'The Big Bang Theory Howard Wolowitz's wife, she looks nice, she is hot and all that, but her voice is just too high strung.

Hands down, Yuun is the least seen companion for Troopers. I don't know that I've ever seen anyone use him willingly, and quite often I've heard complaints that when he is forced into being your companion for a brief stint of one class mission, he is always undergeared from neglect, underwhelming in ability, and generally causes headaches from being around.