Difference in XP gain between classes?

Vitrescent

I have been leveling a sith inquisitor with my boyfriend's sith warrior. We are level 35 but he is about 100k XP ahead of me now. Since we left Korriban, we have been playing together, both logging out in Cantinas, and logging out in cantinas. We normally do our class quests together, only occassionally seperating. He has been on one side quest for Vette (worth about 9k XP) and I haven't been on any companion quests- but have gained some XP from conversations with them.

Up until recently, there was a difference in our XP, but it was less noticable (Around 20k-ish), but especially since the end of chapter one, the difference has been getting noticably larger.

So why is he so far ahead of me?

Is anyone else having this problem? I can only assume he gets more bonuses in his class quests than me, and perhaps gets a bit more XP from the quests. So which classes are best and worst for XP from class quests?

Yeah something seems up...

Have lvl'd BH and Sorcerer to 50 and am now at lvl 44 with Marauder. Have been playing all pretty much identically in terms of quests, pvp and space missions; with BH and Marauder have been consistently 3-4 lvls above my progressed to content while with Sorcerer have always been right on lvl.

A bit weird, but not really an issue, you'll still hit 50 well before Illum.

Only disparity that annoyed me was the lack of dark/light side choices for Sorcerer. With BH I maxed out well before 50, about 150 points away with Marauder and only just starting Belsavis. But with Sorcerer am still 500ish short at Illum. This is with skipping most flashpoints and not having diplomacy.

Yeah, his class quests seem to have more bonuses than mine, which add up. We have done a bit of space combat together, but I guess he could have got a bit more XP from those as I didn't manage to get the bonus objectives. It's become really noticable since the start of act 2 though.

At the moment it amounts to about half a level, but if it gets really extreme I guess I can just PvP to catch up a bit.

With regards to companions, he has done 1 side mission for vette, but I feel like that doesn't explain a 100k difference in XP. I have spoken to some of mine, and got some XP that way, but I haven't done any side missions and Khem val seems to be a bit bugged (I have the most affection with him).

Like Duh. Your BF is cheating! He is sneaking in play time behind your back!

It's that twi`lik tart Vette. She's talking to your BF while you are not there and giving him +10K or more exp every time. You should put the collar back on her and shock her every chance you get.

Joking aside, the amount of experience you get from talking to companions is plenty high. If he has one more companion or has been giving them the occasional gift he could easily be pulling ahead in experience gains.