Nothing but Companion Gift missions?

Grayseven

What the heck is going on?

Underworld Trading, Treasure Hunting, Investigation...none of these have EVER returned only Companion Gift missions.

Diplomacy, on the other hand, not only does this but it returns them over and over and over again. I'm currently on a string of 6 straight Companion Gift missions without one single Medical Supply mission.

How in the heck are we supposed to craft Biochem items if we can't get any Medical Supply missions?

It has reached the point of ridiculousness. Something is obviously wrong with Diplomacy...probably something to do with Light and Dark missions since no other Mission Crew Skill has those particular options.

I don't see it. I have 3 characters with UT, I've never seen all Companion Gift mission let alone 5 or 6 in a row.

I have 2 Treasure Hunters...again, never seen all Companion Gift missions.

I have one Investigation and, you guessed it, never seen all Companion Gift missions.

What makes Diplomacy the odd man out?

I've said this to other people before and I use it as well. You can have AT MAX 4 med diplomacy missions running, unless you use a drop mission. Otherwise, if all you are getting is companion gift missions, enter your ship, which refreshes the list. exit to refresh again until you're running 4 at a time. Hope that helps.

I've said this to other people before and I use it as well. You can have AT MAX 4 med diplomacy missions running, unless you use a drop mission. Otherwise, if all you are getting is companion gift missions, enter your ship, which refreshes the list. exit to refresh again until you're running 4 at a time. Hope that helps.

I wish it did, but sadly the list refreshes to 5 more companion gift missions. I've gone in and out on multiple occasions only to have it "refresh" to 5 full companion gift missions.

There needs to be a change made that makes it impossible for all available missions per level to be the same type in order to facilitate crafting.

Again, if this were an infrequent thing I wouldn't have an issue but it happens constantly. I'm bouncing back and forth right now trying to get a grade 3 mission that isn't a companion gift mission but all I'm getting is 5 companion gift missions...

It's asinine. We shouldn't have to play the system in order to get the materials we need to level our crafting skill.

• 1 month later...

thnx this seems very useful

Diplomacy is worse than the others, but I know for certain Underworld can also have all companion gift missions. As far as I know only in Grade 1 missions, but the same is mostly true of Diplomacy also. For whatever reason they loaded up the grade 1 of all mission only skills with a ton of companion gifts, and only a few medium/abundant resource missions with maybe 1 or 2 bountiful/rich. Later grades don't seem to be as imbalanced, not that they also don't have too many companion gift missions.

on UWT I usually have one to run, then I do a pvp round and afterwards get another 1-2. However I don't have such problems with diplomacy. Most of the time I have 1-2 light and dark missions, send comps, do a pvp or something that involves getting off from fleet and then I get again a few of them, sometimes 3-4. The crits though are not too good, I have so many full stacks of smart cells and ciridium, and can't do much with them.

Entering/exiting your ship helps but it's god awful design. It's not one bit of fun staring at the loading screen for 20 minutes as I refresh my UT, Diplomacy, TH lists 20+ times to get 4 missions going. Only to have to do it again in 45 minutes.

Bioware, PLEASE just make the missions take an hour and give us the full list. I want to get on with the fun, not stare at a loading screen for half an hour.

Edited by Rygho

• 8 months later...
I wish it did, but sadly the list refreshes to 5 more companion gift missions. I've gone in and out on multiple occasions only to have it "refresh" to 5 full companion gift missions.

There needs to be a change made that makes it impossible for all available missions per level to be the same type in order to facilitate crafting.

Again, if this were an infrequent thing I wouldn't have an issue but it happens constantly. I'm bouncing back and forth right now trying to get a grade 3 mission that isn't a companion gift mission but all I'm getting is 5 companion gift missions...

It's asinine. We shouldn't have to play the system in order to get the materials we need to level our crafting skill.

Load your companions up with missions before you enter your ship. When you check again it will show a new set of missions. Simply drop the missions you don't want for the new missions that you do.

I use this trick all the time, it works for all crew skills.

Here's the problem with diplomacy missions..

Last year sometime, I think in the first half of the year, somebody complained about the missions not being "appropriate" for either the republic or imperial side. So, instead of balancing the missions out they "fixed" it by moving all darkish missions to the imps and all lightish ones to the repub side. What does this mean to you?

1. Grade 2 Diplomacy mat missions need to be run by a republic character to really be productive

2. Grade 3 Diplomacy mat missions need to be run by an imp character to really be productive

3. Grade 4 Diplomacy mat missions need to be run by a republic character to really be productive

Grade1, 5, 6 & 9 I believe are okay for both sides to run, but I don't run these as much so I'm not positive.