Run on 2 Monitors

slaytokveranes

so you either have to have eyefinity (3monitors) or just one??

Check your graphics driver settings, however I do not think it's possible. As it does not make sense. Your character would be displayed split over the 2 screens.

oh i suppose thats true. so then is it possible to use 3 with NVIDIA?

Yes it is possible.

With Nvidia you need to use 3 monitors with same resolution, Then in nvidia control panel you activate Nvidia surround with SLI (if you have that). Then follow the instructions on the screen. It is not required to connect as they say on the picture but if you run into problems you should do like they say.

Playing on 2 screens can't be fun as your character gets split in the middle and everything you look at is behind the bars on the side of your screen. So if you are going to play make sure you have 3 screens.

Yes it is possible.

With Nvidia you need to use 3 monitors with same resolution, Then in nvidia control panel you activate Nvidia surround with SLI (if you have that). Then follow the instructions on the screen. It is not required to connect as they say on the picture but if you run into problems you should do like they say.

Playing on 2 screens can't be fun as your character gets split in the middle and everything you look at is behind the bars on the side of your screen. So if you are going to play make sure you have 3 screens.

Ah yes you are correct sir. I forgot about that option. But does it require having two cards running in SLI? I can't remember for sure.

Edited by BlownSi

Ah yes you are correct sir. I forgot about that option. But does it require having two cards running in SLI? I can't remember for sure.

It depends on your graphics card really. A GTX 680 is capable of running nvidia surround and marketed as such. Prior cards are not. I'm not sure if that means they completely disabled the option for it on them, or whether you'll just run into lag issues.

Keep in mind after all, you'll be running at a much higher resolution, which eats up quite a bit on the additional resources.

Supposed to work with one card out of the 600 series. 500 series and older requires two cards in SLI.

I don't see how this would be something you'd want anyway. As stated above, best case scenario is going to split the screen on your character and make it at best mildly annoying to look at.

The bigger problem is going to be screen resolution. I mean, it's not going to run in a viewable state on a resolution higher than the game is set up for. So if you're using a 1920 x 1080 monitor you're pretty much stretching the max out of the game resolution anyway. Set up two of them beside each other and try to stretch the game across both and you're going to have a bunch of really fat short people running around.... at best.

As far as I know you can't set the game up to run at 3840 x 1080.

Edited by bahdasz

i have used two monitors since i started playing, yes it is possible.

use windowed mode, stretch it till you're happy.

i stretch mine just passed 3/4 of the second monitor so my toon isn't split in half...because of this i kinda wish i could off set the camera so i could stretch it completely across both without cutting toon in half but this way works for me

oh and what above poster said about short fat people, the game 'fixes' itself. toon is relatively same size as 'fullscreen' but you get more peripheral vision.

Edited by killkrazie

So if you're using a 1920 x 1080 monitor you're pretty much stretching the max out of the game resolution anyway. Set up two of them beside each other and try to stretch the game across both and you're going to have a bunch of really fat short people running around.... at best.

As far as I know you can't set the game up to run at 3840 x 1080.

No because the graphics in the game is 3D and not 2D sprites.

The sides gets stretched out because of the viewing angle versus flat screen.

Playing games with 3 screens gives you a really good immersion with the game. Its a step closer to wearing virtual reality glasses as you can see with your peripheral vision enemies and such coming at you.

Not only does it give you great advantage in warzones by giving you full vision infront of you. It also makes it MUCH more immersive seeing fights all around you.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/7114232/SWTOR/Screenshot_2013-01-02_17_32_43_549597.jpg

It is actually fairly easy to run on two monitors without splitting your char down the middle or running in windowed mode stretched out.

Piece of software called SoftTH does exactly that. So you could have your char appearing on one monitor and chat, inventory and even map open on the other monitor. You can even use different res monitors this way too. I use it in other games but haven't set it up for this one as of yet.

Never tried playing with 2 monitors, but the game (generally) runs fine with 3 monitors at 5760x1080 with two old ATI HD5870's in crossfire. A single old HD5858 will run at 5760x1080, but in places like fleet my frame rates sometimes drop into the 40's.