My ideas for making gear gap for new 50's not so bad.

crustie

here's three good ways to level the playing field a bit between new 50's and geared.. and for the record i'm not a new 50 whining. i'm a almost full champ sorc with 500 expertise.. :p

1. add expertise to lvl 40 gear. not alot.. maybe in full lvl 40 gear you get 100-200 expertise.

2. make cent gear buy able with wz/merc coms. concidering most of it is a downgrade from level 40 gear stat wise anyways.

3. add craftable expertise gear around the same stat/expertise of cent gear, but no set bonuses.

that would close the gap some for new 50's to compete.

or just remove expertise all together... :D

Edited by crustie

here's three good ways to level the playing field a bit between new 50's and geared..

1. add expertise to lvl 40 gear. not alot.. maybe in full lvl 40 gear you get 100-200 expertise.

2. make cent gear buy able with wz/merc coms. concidering most of it is a downgrade from level 40 gear stat wise anyways.

3. add craftable expertise gear around the same stat/expertise of cent gear, but no set bonuses.

Or they could just reduce the effect of expertise, making it easier programming-wise and just allow people to jump in. You know, same effect really. As long as they kept it at a level that it was better than PvE gear, really wouldn't be much reason to complain.

here's three good ways to level the playing field a bit between new 50's and geared.. and for the record i'm not a new 50 whining. i'm a almost full champ sorc with 500 expertise.. :p

or just remove expertise all together... :D

they don't need to do ANY of this.

there's level 50 blue PvP gear with expertise already in the game. bioware removed it when the game was first released for some asinine reason. you used to be able to buy it on dromund kass and courscant.

Or they could just reduce the effect of expertise, making it easier programming-wise and just allow people to jump in. You know, same effect really. As long as they kept it at a level that it was better than PvE gear, really wouldn't be much reason to complain.

good idea as well :)

they don't need to do ANY of this.

there's level 50 blue PvP gear with expertise already in the game. bioware removed it when the game was first released for some asinine reason. you used to be able to buy it on dromund kass and courscant.

then that makes it a simple fix... ADD IT BACK IN!!

but i think the craftable idea would be better to give non biochem crafting profs a boost. could make some of the mats for them acquired through pvp or wz/merc coms to make it even more fun and tied closer to pvp.. :)

Edited by crustie