PvP servers vs Non-PvP servers

Khalual

Anyone have the low down on what the difference between the two are? I know one has pvp and one doesn't but I'm looking for a better break down between the two.

Does the non-pvp server only have the mini-games for pvp?

Does the pvp server have open pvp everywhere you go? Safe zones?

Basically the PvP servers allow "ganking"...which is no fun. But if you are a hard-core PVPer, a PvP server is the way to go.

There are "lakes" of open PvP on various planets where world PvP can occur. Most of the larger cities and some space stations will be "sanctuary areas" where no PvP is allowed.

Both types of servers will allow access to the PvP Warzones to the Republic can face off against the Empire in a controlled environment. The Huttball arena allows teams of the same faction to fight against one another, the only place in the galaxy (that I know of) where this can happen.

Edited by Hardin_Steele

once you leave your home planets it gets a little dangerous on a pvp server.

whereas on a pve server all pvp is done by choice via flagging yourself or joining a pvp match.

however on a pvp server there are the same pvp matches, but roaming and exploring I bet your flagged pretty much 24/7

PvE servers are for the week players out there.

So you would say PVPers are the weekend warriors? Eh? Eeeeeeh?

Badump bump!

What you say was once true back in the EQ and UO days. But in modern MMO's where there are Battlegrounds which offer rewards for PVPing, PVP servers tend to be where the weak like to hang out to try and grief lowbies. I'll likely still play on a PVP server out of years of habit...but I don't expect to see to much world PVP after a few months.