Firebrand Pointers?

My guild were stuck on this fight for a few weeks (note: only 2 nights of attempts) before we finally downed it smoothly last night on Story mode, but that may have been more down to luck than anything.

Stormcaller isn't a problem, and our basic strategy is 1 Tank, 2MDPS and 1 Healer stand on Stormcaller, with the two DPS taking the debuff so there's no need to tank swap. On Firebrand we have 1 MDPS and 1 Healer standing on the boss, and one RDPS staying out to get the pillars.

For the life of me I cannot seem to avoid the debuff from Firebrand, which as a Tank is crippling. The other side can manage fine (both DPS get the debuff, tank is unharmed), but for whatever reason the MDPS and Healer can't take the debuff for me. One will get it, but not both.

This results in me popping my Shield CD (Powertech) on the 1st debuff cycle, which is okay. But for the second cycle i'm lucky to survive with my Relic (and HP regen) as I regularly drop 70% HP in one hit and I believe I get hit 3 times.

Any thoughts? We've tried tank swapping but this is the cleanest way to kill this boss.

Firebrand's "Incinerate" debuff is unavoidable. On story mode the tank just needs to call out when the debuff is happening, so the healer can make sure to line up some big heals on him to heal him through the damage. Tanks can also a blow a CD or two to help mitigate the damage. On HMs this damage get's to the point to where the tanks will actually need to swap targets in order for the tank with Firebrand's debuffs to survive.

My guild were stuck on this fight for a few weeks (note: only 2 nights of attempts) before we finally downed it smoothly last night on Story mode, but that may have been more down to luck than anything.

Stormcaller isn't a problem, and our basic strategy is 1 Tank, 2MDPS and 1 Healer stand on Stormcaller, with the two DPS taking the debuff so there's no need to tank swap. On Firebrand we have 1 MDPS and 1 Healer standing on the boss, and one RDPS staying out to get the pillars.

For the life of me I cannot seem to avoid the debuff from Firebrand, which as a Tank is crippling. The other side can manage fine (both DPS get the debuff, tank is unharmed), but for whatever reason the MDPS and Healer can't take the debuff for me. One will get it, but not both.

Any thoughts? We've tried tank swapping but this is the cleanest way to kill this boss.

This is because the debufff from Firebrand is suppose to go on you as the tank.

In normal mode it doesn't do much damange, and can be healed through.

In HM, it's the mechanic that requires tank swap.

The Double Debuff of Doom needs to soaked by DPS/Healers.

The Firebrand's debuff is soaked by Firebrand's tank.

This results in me popping my Shield CD (Powertech) on the 1st debuff cycle, which is okay. But for the second cycle i'm lucky to survive with my Relic (and HP regen) as I regularly drop 70% HP in one hit and I believe I get hit 3 times.

Edited by Freeborne

You are supposed to tank swap once Firebrand casts "Incinerate" on the tank. That debuff reduces the target's armor by 100%. Having the tank that was on Stormcaller to swap after Incinerate will make the fight go more smoothly since he only receive regular damage from Firebrand.

Hope it helps.

PS: my english might not be the best...

Cheers for the replies.

I'm well aware that we'll need to tank swap in Campaign mode, but for some reason when we tank swap it all falls apart. I don't know if it's healer-related or what, but this was the smoothest way to kill the boss.

I kinda worked out that the debuff couldn't be avoided, so thanks for confirming :)

You're supposed to tank swap. In story mode you can get away with it and eat the debuff + missiles, but in hard mode

you need to have the tanks swap after every firebrand debuff.

We have a mellee dps (shadow) taunt Firebarnad before the IA debuff. Works as well as the tank swap. Comes down to whatever you feel more comfortable doing.

he does incinerate right after DD, so have your tank call out when DD starts then let a dps shadow/guardian taunt it then, and when tank sees incinrate begins to cast he taunts him back(incinrate will still be put on offtank dpser).