PAZAAK was a promised

LUCASCASADEIS

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

do not get me wrong i know BW is doing a lot of things and i like what they are doing but i think the time has come for pazaak

According to you, not according to BW and when you claim it was promised and it wasn't it makes you look bad and totally takes away your claim.

By this point, they should have found a way to add in a mini-game they've already coded.

This is pure nonsense simply because Pazaak isn't coded yet, not by any stretch of the imagination, if it was we would probably have it quite some time ago, or they would say something about it at least.

don't get me wrong but i don't care what you say anymore, it looks like you hate me lol

I can't hate someone I don't know, I just annoyed by your everything is perfect with game minus pazaak on the forum almost every day. That's it, nothing personal towards you as I don't know you r/l.

I can't hate someone I don't know, I just annoyed by your everything is perfect with game minus pazaak on the forum almost every day. That's it, nothing personal towards you as I don't know you r/l.

i jsut made 2 post of pazaak today and i have never made other post of pazaak

i jsut made 2 post of pazaak today and i have never made other post of pazaak

Not as of pazaak but your other rainbow and sunshine threads about how great the game is. Honest question, do you think anything is bad about the game or is perfect. I would like to see pazaak myself.

Not as of pazaak but your other rainbow and sunshine threads about how great the game is. Honest question, do you think anything is bad about the game or is perfect. I would like to see pazaak myself.

there are not perfect games, but yes good games, and i believe this game could be one of the best mmo ever. but it needs work

Edited by LUCASCASADEIS

Just a little question.. What do you remember of Pazaak? It's more than just a blackjack variation. It involved a bit of collecting as well. Some cards came in standard Pazaak decks. But some other cards were pretty uncommon, rare, or even unique.

Now think of how that would work again.. The deck you'd initially start out with, would probably consist of just all the common cards. So where would we get the more uncommon or rare cards? I'm not sure you're going to like this answer, but the source would most probably be: Cartel Packs.

Sure, you'll get a stack of cards in the -6/+6 range, but that's only the start. You'll probably need to spend some coins to get the 2&4 or 3&6 flipcards, the +/- 1 through 6 cards, the double card, and the couple of other cards. And with your cards being part of the wager, you'll see some people invest a lot to keep their deck optimal. Not to mention, the designers would have to implement some escrow system, to prevent players from bailing when their favourite card is wagered, or when the cards aren't drawn in their favor. Well, there might be a more casual no-betting version available, but expect betting to be mandatory for competitions and the like. A good Pazaak player should manage with the less fancy cards.

Yes, I'd like to see Pazaak added, and I'm totally aware it will probably end up like this. But are you sure that's what you want as well?

please bioware, you made the promise of Pazaak. give it to us we want it

No.

No, no no no.

"We'd like to do it in the future" is not a promise.

You want to know why Bioware doesn't give us more information about what they are doing? Because people take statements like "We're thinking about X" and pretend that it means "We absolutely promise that we will give you X for free in a month" and then complain endlessly when it doesn't happen.

Stop doing this. Pazaaak wasn't promised to anyone. They want to do it, but they never even said they were starting on it. Every time you jump to silly conclusions like this it decreases the chances that we get information in the future, and there are a lot of us reasonable people who would prefer more information and are capable of understanding what words like "plan", "want", and "considering" meant.

Thats the problem with all the non beta testers posting now

Pazzaak was promised as a high priority item shortly after release in Closed beta

The quote the OP using is the far to common "take back" that happens around here from EA

Sorry no quote, those forums were locked up and removed

But anyone that was in closed beta and followed those threads (there were many of them as they have continued to be the most requested feature for this game since) knows it was "PROMISED" to the closed beta testers.

*incoming "But they changed their minds after they took everyone money excuses"

/shrug

The fanbois will defend them till the end of time

The middle of road people (me) will say yes its a broken promise but what else is new

The haters will hate

But a disclaimer after the fact doesnt change the facts about an original statement and promise made to the closed beta testers. Remember, we were under a NDA so we couldnt repost the promise for all. Doesnt change what was said

Pazzaak was promised as a high priority item shortly after release in Closed beta

Nope. There was no promise. There was just a statement of what they were planning. You were told that they wanted to add Pazaak. That's not a promise that you'll get it at any time frame.

This is just another example of the problem. "We want to add X eventually" is not the same as "We promise you that you will receive X within Y time frame." Continually complaining about it just shows the devs that the community cannot handle information that is not set in stone.

Thats the problem with all the non beta testers posting now

The quote the OP using is the far to common "take back" that happens around here from EA

Sorry no quote, those forums were locked up and removed

But anyone that was in closed beta and followed those threads (there were many of them as they have continued to be the most requested feature for this game since) knows it was "PROMISED" to the closed beta testers.

*incoming "But they changed their minds after they took everyone money excuses"

/shrug

The fanbois will defend them till the end of time

The middle of road people (me) will say yes its a broken promise but what else is new

The haters will hate

But a disclaimer after the fact doesnt change the facts about an original statement and promise made to the closed beta testers. Remember, we were under a NDA so we couldnt repost the promise for all. Doesnt change what was said

Boohoo :'C

Get over it, I'd rather them not waste resources on a moronic mini-game like Pazaak.