Sam Witwer to voice Darth Maul

Aitix

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To call Maul interesting after the character has no interesting story is absurd.

And Fett was the same, except Fett was after Han for a while.

Interested to learn more about them? That's what I feel, although Fett has a story that interests me. Maul isn't very compelling at the moment, but I'm sure he can be.

What's absurd is calling opinions that aren't in agreement with your own absurd. :D

the sad thing is the clone wars is not considered EU as George is hands on with that to a heavy heavy extent the two seasons of the cartoon cartoon, and the CG series fall under the same canon level as the films - so does force unleashed again because George was hands on ( at least in the first one) as will supposedly the live action series.

half the time the EU actually is more clear, detailed and consistent than " film-canon"

then again, ET being SW canon now, means Earth is involved " at some point" leading me to suspect that the SW galaxy is actually Andromeda.

see what " George" canon does? thats right it exposes us to drew barrymore....

the sad thing is the clone wars is not considered EU as George is hands on with that to a heavy heavy extent the two seasons of the cartoon cartoon,

Can't throw the Clone Wars cartoons into the same pot as The Clone Wars.

TCW has more Lucas involvement than Clone Wars did.

and the CG series fall under the same canon level as the films

Nope, TCW (and only TCW so far) is T-Canon. It's second only to G-Canon, and was created for TCW, so that nothing from lower levels of Canon could contradict it.

- so does force unleashed again because George was hands on ( at least in the first one) as will supposedly the live action series.

When it comes to the story and plot, it's definitely canon, but the book itself is the canon material and not the game.

half the time the EU actually is more clear, detailed and consistent than " film-canon"

"Film canon" aka G-Canon can't be contradicted by the EU. The EU can expand upon certain things, but only with Lucas' say so and direction.

then again, ET being SW canon now, means Earth is involved " at some point" leading me to suspect that the SW galaxy is actually Andromeda.

E.T. isn't involved. There's a race of non-humans that look exactly like him, but it's not the same race, and SW isn't the Andromeda galaxy. It's a fantasy series that doesn't take place in our reality or universe.

see what " George" canon does? thats right it exposes us to drew barrymore....

Better Drew Barrymore than Jar-Jar Binks.

you know at 1st I was in the "how can he still be alive...he was cut in 1/2...blah blah crowd" Then I realized, with the darkside we see so many sith lords survive long past when they should.

Darth Zion can't live without the darkside holding his body together..

The Emperor in TOR has lived how many years beyond any normal age due to life sapping?

Darth Bane surviving with alien life forms in casing his body...

Darth Vader losing both his arms and legs and burned from lava...not fire, LAVA

thats just some, I can go on... but basically, just being cut in half, is relatively minor to survive from, for a Sith lord :D

Darth Zion can't live without the darkside holding his body together.

Sion, not Zion. Different words, different meanings.

Both he and Vader are two of the best examples of the Darkside and sheer will keeping them alive, or near enough to living in Sion's case.

The Emperor in TOR has lived how many years beyond any normal age due to life sapping?

It's more acceptable because as far as we know, he hasn't been cut in half or suffered extreme physical damage that could render him into a state of being dead.

Darth Bane surviving with alien life forms in casing his body...

That was more "Damage over Time" than severe physical trauma.

Darth Vader losing both his arms and legs and burned from lava...not fire, LAVA

He wasn't burned by the lava. His clothing caught fire from his proximity to the lava, resulting in third degree burns to pretty much all of his (remaining) body.

thats just some, I can go on... but basically, just being cut in half, is relatively minor to survive from, for a Sith lord :D

It takes quite a lot of will and feeding off of the Darkside to accomplish though, which might in fact show that Sidious underestimated his former Apprentice/tool to a degree.

Edited by Fyurii

For the first time since they announced his return, I'm actually looking forward to seeing It.

Great ... Lucas pulling a Marvel/DC resurection. As much as I like Darth Maul, he should remain dead. Hate that "he's alive cause the writers pulled something out of their asses" ploy, it ruins the climax of someone dying in the first place.

Maybe it's just me, but how can he be alive? He got cut in half and fell a few hundred feet, that's as good as dead for me.

Like I've said before, according to a new book called The Wrath of Darth Maul, he avoided his landing by going through some air vents the same way Luke did on Bespin. He doesn't remember what happened after that. He is on a six-legged apparatus(and he's gone mad), but later he regains his sanity and his memory. It's also said in the book that Maul knew that he needed new legs, which might mean that his current artificial legs are only temporary.

George Lucas really has NO CLUE which characters should stick around as opposed to the ones that need to clock out.

He killed off two of his most popular (and potentially interesting) characters; Maul and Fett. Yet, Jar Jar lived to become a senator... C3PO continued to spread his six million forms of communication (all prissy) even after being blown apart.

And before you respond to my post that Maul and Fett are still alive, let me remind you that they were brought back after it was clear how popular (and lucrative each IP was). If GL had his way, everyone would have been killed off in favor of Ewoks and Gungans.

But even when Lucas did have his way, everyone wasn't killed off in favor of Ewoks and Gungans.

Edited by Aitix

LMFAO really, really I may wrong here but personally i think the whole Star Wars lore canon history what ever you wanna call it is sooooo f*&ked up , im sorry screwed up with people that have died and come back to life and died again not only to come back again, do you really think Lucas is really gonna listen to us complain. Im just sayin.....

lets just say No one ever stays dead in Star Wars period.

Except Yoda. And Obi-wan. And Biggs. And Mara Jade. And Vader. And Anakin Solo. And Thrawn. And Mace. And Dooku. And Everyone on Alderaan. And Mon Mothma. And Chewie. And Jacen. And--

Actually, Star Wars is pretty good at not pulling the 'back from the dead' card. Palpatine, Boba Fett, and now Darth Maul. Pretty small list.

Except Yoda. And Obi-wan. And Biggs. And Mara Jade. And Vader. And Anakin Solo. And Thrawn. And Mace. And Dooku. And Everyone on Alderaan. And Mon Mothma. And Chewie. And Jacen. And--

Actually, Star Wars is pretty good at not pulling the 'back from the dead' card. Palpatine, Boba Fett, and now Darth Maul. Pretty small list.

I remember reading that Zahn said he would bring Thrawn back as a clone if he ever felt the need.

Edited by Tuscad

You guys do know that I bet Lucas didn't even write this episode. He's only written a few, they have their own team.

His daughter wrote it.

Edit: No joke, Katie Lucas wrote it. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Brothers

Edit 2: She has written all of them in the Darth Maul and Savage arc, which starts tomorrow with "Massacre". http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Massacre

Edited by Tuscad

His daughter wrote it.

Edit: No joke, Katie Lucas wrote it. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Brothers

Edit 2: She has written all of them in the Darth Maul and Savage arc, which starts tomorrow with "Massacre". http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Massacre

Thanks for proving me right.

I don't like Lucas, but what irritates me is when people bash him about something he didn't do.

Wait so they are bringing Maul back.

Hmm Wont that just break the Rule of Two

Since he already is a Sith Apprentice and Dorku is a sith Apprentice.

On a more humorous side.

Wouldnt it be nice if they brought Jango back.

Windu did not cut off his head and that would just be so utterly cool

Here is a teaser trailer I haven't seen before for Darth Mauls return: Clearly shows he has lost it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oVXxScSl7g

He looks insane.... like lost it. I don't think were dealing with the same Maul as we saw in the Prequels(...Thank God).

Since the night-sisters seemed to have brought him back through the dark side... well The Dark Side has made people lose their marbles thousands of times.