Friending Legacy

Sazama

I'm having trouble adding one of my legacy characters as a friend for mailing purposes. I didn't have this problem prior to the recent patch unless adding a legacy character of the opposite faction is not possible anymore with the new one?

• Dev Post

Hello there,

While we can look at the issue you're reporting specifically, you are able to send mail to all characters in your Legacy (and they're White Listed by default), regardless of faction, and without needing them on your Friends List. Are you also unable to send mail to the character in question? Because that would be a different/bigger issue.

Thanks for any additional details!

Hello there,

While we can look at the issue you're reporting specifically, you are able to send mail to all characters in your Legacy (and they're White Listed by default), regardless of faction, and without needing them on your Friends List. Are you also unable to send mail to the character in question? Because that would be a different/bigger issue.

Thanks for any additional details!

I may be off base here, but I believe his goal is to get his alts to appear in the auto-complete list when trying to type out the recipient's name. It makes sending mail to alts a lot easier. This can usually be accomplished by having your other characters in your friends list or in your guild.

More of a suggestion, but one solution for this is that all of your own characters (regardless of faction) would be automatically placed in the auto-complete dialog. Something like this would be even better if your own characters showed up as a different color in that dialog. With the frequency with which I send mail across my characters something like this would be greatly appreciated.

Adding a friend of the opposite faction was never possible, I'm afraid, even if they're in your Legacy. You can only friend same-faction characters, autocomplete only shows friends and guild members, and you can only mail to opposite-faction members of your Legacy and all non-ignored/ignoring same-faction characters.

BioWare: Every character in your Legacy should autocomplete in the To field when mailing. I hope this feature gets added!

Hmm you can't add to friends list the char that is from opposite faction even it is in your own legacy

And you will not get hint when typing the name to who you want send email if the recipient is your legacy char but from another faction

Yeah, you've never been able to friend an opposite-faction character... not even one from your own Legacy.

The mail auto-complete thing needs a little work.

1) It would be nice if it automatically included your entire Legacy without the need to add them as friends.

2) It should show each character only once because if they're friended and they're in your guild, they'll show up twice on the list.

I wouldn't want #1 without #2 being done also because as it is now, I can at least un-friend alts that are in the guild to keep their name from appearing on the drop down list twice.

Thank you so much for the insights and inputs, much appreciated!!

Now that I remember you couldn't friend an opposing toon regardless of it being in your legacy. I could still send items and cred's to them though.. still and before. Thanks for reminding me on that.

That is an awesome idea for sending mail to your alts though, auto-completing the name or at least hinting it... what the others have said above.. that would make mailing stuff to your alts even more convenient!

Thanks again and see you all In-Game!

Yeah, you've never been able to friend an opposite-faction character... not even one from your own Legacy.
Not entirely correct, but close. You can't add them in-game. You can edit your file directly on the local drive to add the characters from other factions.

I am having a similar issue. I submitted a ticket but have not heard back yet. I transferred a few toons to the server I am currently on (prophecy of the five) and cannot send legacy bound items to characters. I have been able to add opposite faction characters on friends list though but still cannot send legacy bound gear. Please help!!