Petition: We Want MORE INDIVIDUAL CLASS STORIES AND COMPANION STORIES,

Lunafox

(Maybe not so much a petition as a Memo to the Company from the supporters of the thread...)

I thought, together, we should show them what we'd like...more individual class stories and companion stories...basically our sagas continued on, and NOT in a lame generic way like Makeb was done, where everyone's story is nearly identical.

Please post your two cents and /sign this. Maybe we can still reach them.

Thanks. :o

Edited by Lunafox
I want to change the word 'petition' to MEMO, because some people apparently think petition shouldn't be used, even if that's what this is.

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I totally agree especially with the companion story arcs. Getting from 1-50 is amazing you feel like your on this big adventure developing you char. Then comes 50-55 where it feels meh. Biowares biggest asset is their storytelling their phenomenal at it. I just wish they stop just thinking about the bottom line now.

Yes I know they said in a live stream that there will be no more individual stories for classes but that doesnt mean we have to accept it. For people who have stuck it out from the start of the game when there was the promise of more companion and class stories this is still the biggest disappointment I'v had. I hate to see Bioware become "lazy" just so they can make more cash. Just my 2 cents.

You guys do know that Bioware no longer exists right? To ask for anything outside of the bottom line from EA is crazy.

I think you would have a better chance if you petition the White House and get the 100,000 signatures and have Obama put in his 2 cents. I mean this is Star Wars and he answered the Build a Deathstar request.

In the past eight months we've had a new planet, several new flashpoints, two new events, a new companion, two new areas and in the next few weeks we'll be getting arenas, a new planet, two new ops and a bunch of additional content...

And out of all that, not only are we not satisfied and willing to at least attempt to be patient until the next round of class quests comes out... but we're going to come up with a petition and advertise it ALL IN CAPS

BECAUSE EVERYONE KNOWS, A POST IS TAKEN MORE SERIOUSLY WHEN IT'S IN CAPS!!!!1111!!1!1 FTW!11! BIOWARE/EA/TOR/PUGS/INSERT NAME SUX!111!!1! SWG AND WOW FTW!!1!!1!

-shakes head-

Call me a fanboi or too willing to accept what I'm given or a sheeple or whatever... but this not only seems greedy to me... it seems ungrateful AND

most importantly, concerning the topic title

Annoying :p

In the past eight months we've had a new planet, several new flashpoints, two new events, a new companion, two new areas and in the next few weeks we'll be getting arenas, a new planet, two new ops and a bunch of additional content...

And out of all that, not only are we not satisfied and willing to at least attempt to be patient until the next round of class quests comes out... but we're going to come up with a petition and advertise it ALL IN CAPS

BECAUSE EVERYONE KNOWS, A POST IS TAKEN MORE SERIOUSLY WHEN IT'S IN CAPS!!!!1111!!1!1 FTW!11! BIOWARE/EA/TOR/PUGS/INSERT NAME SUX!111!!1! SWG AND WOW FTW!!1!!1!

-shakes head-

Call me a fanboi or too willing to accept what I'm given or a sheeple or whatever... but this not only seems greedy to me... it seems ungrateful AND

lol, sorry to say it but you are soooo short sighted.....

all what they did is dividing Preplaned Major Updates which include all the things you listed in smaller once so they look...hmmm...more i guess. go to Dulfy if you want to check that...

-shakes head-

You sir, have won the galaxy.

People need to wait Bioware said that class stories are on the drawing board but it's not their focus at the moment. They may not come in the near future but they'll come sometime.

You sir, have won the galaxy.

People need to wait Bioware said that class stories are on the drawing board but it's not their focus at the moment. They may not come in the near future but they'll come sometime.

This is completely wrong. Check this interview .They then elsewhere stated there won't be anymore class stories as 1-50 was your personal adventure now their working on more Makeb like storylines.

Also check another post where at the cantina they confirmed they arent even looking at making more classes.

Edit: Also The storylines were done a few years ago so was 4 planets and the voice over all they had to do was develop it. When they moved to F2P they went from over 500 devs to around 150 of which is split between the cartel market and the game. Also despite in EA's last earning reports that SW:TOR revenue is going up around 50% each quarter yet there has been no news of them investing in more developers to bring out the content.

Simple fact is F2P has destroyed the game. We receive small updates because they have no choice but to give us content major content that was promised around launch has been benched as its more costly. This is also why there will never be a new race added thats not in the cartel market.

Also read this interview Where they say that the expense isnt worth the gain for them to create player stores and also why they wont be making a new class with unique story.

Bottom line is guys if it costs more than absalutely necessary it won't happen.

Edited by weejohnathon

This is completely wrong. Check this interview .They then elsewhere stated there won't be anymore class stories as 1-50 was your personal adventure now their working on more Makeb like storylines.

If Makeb is any indication for the future of story content I'll say that I really cannot be bothered with it. Makeb was a letdown and way too short.

If Makeb is any indication for the future of story content I'll say that I really cannot be bothered with it. Makeb was a letdown and way too short.

So very much this.

I know class stories don't mean much to some players, but for me, they were what drew me into the game. The hope of having more class stories is what kept me going for this long since launch. But if all we are going to get is more Makebs, then I'm out. The confirmed scrapping of class story was always the line in the sand for me, and it appears that with the Germany Cantina tour & the other links provided, that's happened. Of course, no one at EA-Ware will ever come out and say "Yeah, class stories are over," because they know enough players like me will leave because of that. They'd rather continue to string us along with a lot of meaningless word salads and "maybes" and "not nows, but perhaps much, much later on." It still sounds like "never" in different clothes to me. Shame on them for that.

Last night, I spent an hour trying to convince my GL to stick with the game; almost everyone else in my guild has left. I'm really, really sorry I wasted his time. I'll be apologizing to him later, when I see him online in the game we've moved to. SWTOR sub canceled as of today.

It's astonishing how EA-Ware is hell-bent on making sure SWTOR never lives up to its potential. It sucks because the greatness it could have been is just out of reach; you can almost touch it. But obviously since the firings/dev meltdown/turnover from last year, the right people are no longer in charge. And that's not even mentioning the endless bugs, poor performance and clipping issues, which are indefensible after 2 years of live code. The Cartel Market was interesting, but seven re-skins of iconic Star Wars armor (that should have been in the game since launch, let's be real) does not make up for recycled and uninteresting content.

I'm through with the misplaced hope and cryptic responses from uninterested/overworked developers, all the while paying $15/month for the privilege. To those who stay, good luck to you all, you have more patience than I do.

I'm honestly really surprised they were willing to come out and say they aren't working on any more class stories. It seems much more in their interests to be vague and keep people dangling with their subs active as long as possible.

I won't call Mekeb "lame" becouse I enjoyed it. But i guess no sane person would say no on more class story content.

I just hope, that there really were plans for them originally, and maybe even sound recorded, so one day maybe we'll see some of it.

I'm honestly really surprised they were willing to come out and say they aren't working on any more class stories. It seems much more in their interests to be vague and keep people dangling with their subs active as long as possible.

Actually, here is a fun fact, for all who still think the discontinuation of Class Story is a gray area.

When I went to cancel my sub...

...one of the reasons to select for cancellation was...

...THERE ARE NO MORE CLASS STORY LINES!

I kid you not. So there it is, folks.

Bioware, EA, whoever the hell they are now, will never get another damn cent from me. And it's a shame, really. I loved this game. Not that they'll read it, but I did mention in my cancellation rant that it's shameful how they've strung players along (who were hoping for more class story) all this time. But the joke's on me, they got their $180 out of me since they made the decision, likely when F2P and the Cartel Market launched. I just didn't want to believe it, I guess. *sigh*

You mean they actually have no intention of continuing the individual class stories?!?!?

I thought I heard prelaunch that they already had a back log of 1000s of hours of voice acting for each and every classes individual continuation

This is a MAJOR LETDOWN......

Like...screw veractyls, screw weekly events, screw cartel, screw reputation............

I'm shocked that continuation of class stories aren't going to happen...THAT'S HORRIBLE!

The reason I play the game is for the story. I'm not really much of a "farm endgame instances to I can get good enough gear to farm the next set of endgame instances when they release" type of MMO player. I'll take each class to 50 to experience their class stories, then 2 (one from each side) to 55. It took me about a month to get my Guardian to 50 and it looks like my Bounty Hunter is on the same track, so all together the class stories will have me subbed for 8 months total (spread out across a longer amount of time for when/if I take breaks between each character). Assuming 50-55 takes me a month per character, that'll be 2 months total, and if what I've heard is any indication it'll end up being more like 1 month total. As far as I'm concerned, class stories gets a lot more money out of me than "planetary stories" do. And I don't think I'm unique in how I approach this game.

But I'm not going to make a big deal about it. I'm sure Bioware knows what's better for them from a business perspective than I do. If the content that keeps me around doesn't keep getting made then eventually I'll just stop playing the game, no fuss necessary. Maybe by then Dragon Age 3 will be out (and hopefully better than the second was).

Actually, here is a fun fact, for all who still think the discontinuation of Class Story is a gray area.

Bioware, EA, whoever the hell they are now, will never get another damn cent from me. And it's a shame, really. I loved this game. Not that they'll read it, but I did mention in my cancellation rant that it's shameful how they've strung players along (who were hoping for more class story) all this time. But the joke's on me, they got their $180 out of me since they made the decision, likely when F2P and the Cartel Market launched. I just didn't want to believe it, I guess. *sigh*

I canceled my sub as well for this exact reason. That was what pulled me into this game and universe. NO class story means no more SWTOR. Sad day indeed but it was a good run. I will finish the other class storied to 50 atleast and then stop playing.

You know I try not to complain as little as possible for this game because I thoroughly do enjoy this game, the reason in particular being that there is a personalized story for each class. The fact that they won't be continuing what this game is known for is a huge disappointment. Makeb was ok but once you've done it once, you're just basically playing the same story over with a different class.

Fortunately for me, I have not completed 5 and half (half way leveled into the inquistor story) of the class stories and I will stay subscribed for the those unless circumstance change.

That's actually a good sign. They're pulling telemetry and if a high % quits stating that reason, they may push more class content through in the 1st proper expansion.