New FPs: HM Overtuned, SM Too Easy?

You did this one time and use only that experience for your statement?

I base my conclusion of over PUG 10+ HM kills on that droid boss where it sometimes enraged while we killed it. I have 14 level 55s (very soon 16) in various itemlevels.

Yes ofcourse it is possible to kill the droid, I only hope Bioware has some kind of testing team that can verify if the enrage timer is working as intended. It is not a insane achievement to kill it with minimum gear, I simply state it needs tweaking.

It is not extremely hard to do, but the enrage timer needs to be looked at a second time or perhaps a third. Do not be surprised if it shows up either as a stealth change or in the patchnotes in the near future. The difficulty of the boss is fine with its electrical water, I am only refering to the enrage timer.

It is not tuned for a pug wearing minimum gear, no way it is equal to the rest of the bosses in other HMs where you almost can sleep your way through.

I have tanked, healed and dpsed this boss many times. I have never seen the enrage timer, even when carrying dps with less than 24k hp. I'm sorry if facerolling your kb produces less than desired results but to say the content needs to be nerfed because people can't drool their way through is totally ridiculous.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly I thought we were missing some trick on that bot. I checked the DPS' gear and nothing looked off, mostly 156 or better with a decent spread of mods for both but it was like they weren't touching him. Took forever to kill the bot off and it was a near thing at times as the healer was still building her gear up and had some slightly low items in there. Enrage timer didn't seem to short by any means, just seemed like the boss took way too long to go down. No problems on the security chief or Rasmus, bot only.

I have tanked, healed and dpsed this boss many times. I have never seen the enrage timer, even when carrying dps with less than 24k hp. I'm sorry if facerolling your kb produces less than desired results but to say the content needs to be nerfed because people can't drool their way through is totally ridiculous.

What are you suppose to faceroll? You clearly states you carry the dps meaning you have better gear.

Besides, the feedback in this thread from several players and the feedback I have gathered by my own observations and from other players in the game justifies my statement about a too short enrage timer.

Supposed to drool their way through? You must have missread my post I am talking about a enrage timer NOT about drooling through anything.

Edited by Icestar

Besides, the feedback in this thread from several players and the feedback I have gathered by my own observations and from other players in the game justifies my statement about a too short enrage timer.

I didn't even realize that fight had an enrage timer. Neither has anyone I've run the fp with. Quit hanging around bads.

I didn't even realize that fight had an enrage timer. Neither has anyone I've run the fp with. Quit hanging around bads.

Then all is fine and dandy and you can gladly go back to raidning nightmaremodes or whatver you do for fun.

Regarding your almost rude statement "Quit hanging around bads", well I have news for you that if you solo queue groupfinder you can not decide yourself who to team up with. It is the luck of the draw and that is exactly how I prefer it and many with me. The community consists of lots of fun players, the groupfinder makes it possible to meet them. Some of my chars actually found very nice guilds only by doing a random FP and chatted meanwhile.

Some "hardcore players" like to think of this game as a job and raid 3-4 times a week or even more to get the best gear, some simply like to use the groupfinder once in a while. If the groupfinder says a certain item level is alright, then the player has to be certain that the FP is doable and not impossible.

The content released to the public should not only have hardcore players in mind because this is not a hardcore game. It has to be able to cater to the general playerbase, and before that is achieved some finetuning is always needed.

A few elitist roflstomp players might try to show off how easy bosses are with their previous tactic training and a well equipped characters. I laugh every time since it is all about showing off, then actually give valid feedback to the game that can help the DEVS.

Edited by Icestar

Go back to the PvP forums loser. The only way you are not enraging the hard mode shockbot with 24k dps is if they are both ranged, even then it's still a reach.

Then all is fine and dandy and you can gladly go back to raidning nightmaremodes or whatver you do for fun.

Regarding your almost rude statement "Quit hanging around bads", well I have news for you that if you solo queue groupfinder you can not decide yourself who to team up with. It is the luck of the draw and that is exactly how I prefer it and many with me. The community consists of lots of fun players, the groupfinder makes it possible to meet them. Some of my chars actually found very nice guilds only by doing a random FP and chatted meanwhile.

Some "hardcore players" like to think of this game as a job and raid 3-4 times a week or even more to get the best gear, some simply like to use the groupfinder once in a while. If the groupfinder says a certain item level is alright, then the player has to be certain that the FP is doable and not impossible.

The content released to the public should not only have hardcore players in mind because this is not a hardcore game. It has to be able to cater to the general playerbase, and before that is achieved some finetuning is always needed.

A few elitist roflstomp players might try to show off how easy bosses are with their previous tactic training and a well equipped characters. I laugh every time since it is all about showing off, then actually give valid feedback to the game that can help the DEVS.

LoL so many dissertations from bad players, jeez. I pug this underwhelming FP every day (for the crazy achievements - "complete X FP 25 times") and I saw the enrage only once and only because one guy DC-ed. It felt like 15 mins or something, it was really long before the enrage, could have dinner in the meantime. So, what is the problem again? Seriously, this boss has to have the longest enrage timer ever and you're whining about it being too short, are you for real?

So I was bored out of my mind a few days ago, and decided to actually PUG one of the new HM FPs. Got paired with a decent tank and two lowly geared DPSers. One DPS had 27k HP, the other 24K. We never hit the enrage timer on any of the bosses. After that, they asked me to heal the other new FP. And again, we never hit the enrage timers. They weren't alts in a hardcore guild or veteran players. Just seemed like normal newbies to me.

The only way I could see a group hitting enrage timer on those bosses is if their DPSers spammed one skill the whole time. lol

HAMMER SHOT HAMMER SHOT HAMMER SHOT!

Edited by Radzkie

LoL so many dissertations from bad players, jeez. I pug this underwhelming FP every day (for the crazy achievements - "complete X FP 25 times") and I saw the enrage only once and only because one guy DC-ed. It felt like 15 mins or something, it was really long before the enrage, could have dinner in the meantime. So, what is the problem again? Seriously, this boss has to have the longest enrage timer ever and you're whining about it being too short, are you for real?

You have your opinion and I and many other players with me have ours.

I have seen the enrage several times with random PUGs and it deserves to be looked into by Bioware.

You must have played very few HMs if you consider this boss to have the longest enrage timer. I suggest you measure the enrage timer on several other bosses before you are certain of what you say is true.

It is the ENRAGE TIMER on the droid I am refering to, not a nerf of the difficulty of the boss so stop writing that I whine about the boss I simply want it balanced according to other bosses at that heroic level.

Edited by Icestar

The droid Boss in meltdown is the only boss in both the new flashpoints I have seen an enrage on (a pug while I was tanking on 2 different toons 2 different occasions.) We beat it the next time each occasion, but I did note its occurrence.

Over-gearing these new flashpoints does not trivialize them for new, and first, level 55 characters that are not all twinked out like my, or other veterans new 55 alts are. The point of these new flash points is not to challenge veteran players (anything in group finder), but to get the masses a start on better gear.

Anyone hoping for a new Lost Island 1.0 type flash point is going to be disappointed.

You ignore so many facts. If you fail with PUG groups, get them on ts/vent/mumble and explain the stuff to them.

The tought never occurred to you that some people might not have or want TS/muble/Skype ?

To me, this merely shows just how much "Progress Guild" you are - you are simply not interested in PUGs.

And "casual players" must then be a plague to you you'd wish would be eradicated from whole SWTOR.

Go back to the PvP forums loser. The only way you are not enraging the hard mode shockbot with 24k dps is if they are both ranged, even then it's still a reach.

I assure you, if I've been posting in the pvp forums, I've been hacked.

The only way you are enraging the hardmode shockbot with conscious players is if they are absolutely awful. Also, if your team sucks so bad that you can't kill the bot before it enrages, you need to buy your healer whatever the hell he wants because he's incredible for keeping you derps alive that long.

you need to buy your healer whatever the hell he wants because he's incredible for keeping you derps alive that long.

So, you assume that a healer is considering the rest of any given group "derps" ? Seriously ?

That's nothing but self-righeousness, to assume that ANY healer would think like you - because people are usually so different from one another that they usually hold DIFFERENT opinions.

The droid Boss in meltdown is the only boss in both the new flashpoints I have seen an enrage on (a pug while I was tanking on 2 different toons 2 different occasions.) We beat it the next time each occasion, but I did note its occurrence.

Over-gearing these new flashpoints does not trivialize them for new, and first, level 55 characters that are not all twinked out like my, or other veterans new 55 alts are. The point of these new flash points is not to challenge veteran players (anything in group finder), but to get the masses a start on better gear.

Anyone hoping for a new Lost Island 1.0 type flash point is going to be disappointed.

Yes this sums it up very well.

Lower/medium geared characters notice a HUGE difference in the enrage timer, and over-geared players does not notice it since it is a HM FP boss designed below their gearlevel.

Edited by Icestar

I have a crappy tank in a mix of PvP and 66 PvE gear. I had no issues with the HMs of the clerks FPs. This isn't nearly as bad as lost island and you only need a half decent group to succeed. Once you learn the mechanics in story mode (or look them up) HM is pretty tame.

I feel like its a good balancing point. It is appropriately difficult.

You have your opinion and I and many other players with me have ours.

I have seen the enrage several times with random PUGs and it deserves to be looked into by Bioware.

You must have played very few HMs if you consider this boss to have the longest enrage timer. I suggest you measure the enrage timer on several other bosses before you are certain of what you say is true.

It is the ENRAGE TIMER on the droid I am refering to, not a nerf of the difficulty of the boss so stop writing that I whine about the boss I simply want it balanced according to other bosses at that heroic level.

I've done all FPs about a billion times. Which boss has longer enrage timer?

I love the logic of bad players here. "I saw the enrage timer, therefore the enrage timer is unfair". No, it's not, you're just bad.

Lower/medium geared characters notice a HUGE difference in the enrage timer, and over-geared players does not notice it since it is a HM FP boss designed below their gearlevel.

Not true.

I posted here already, but I ran through the new FPs with two poorly geared DPS. One that didn't even meet the "rating requirement" and we didn't hit any enrage timer.

The people who will notice the enrage timer are the ones who don't spend any time learning how to play their class.

If you really don't want to put any effort into playing, do the SMs instead.

Edited by Radzkie

I think they already have finetuned the enragetimer in the latest patch as a stealthchange.

I have not seen the droid enrage since then, so unless i see something wierd regarding this matter. This thread is now closed for my part.

Other players that experience future enragetimer can gladly post feedback. The players boasting how good they are and can eat lunch meanwile fighting is kindly asked not to post unless they have valuable constructive feedback.

I simply state that the new 55HM bosses have already been changed for the better since they were first introduced a few days ago.

Edited by Icestar

The tought never occurred to you that some people might not have or want TS/muble/Skype ?

To me, this merely shows just how much "Progress Guild" you are - you are simply not interested in PUGs.

And "casual players" must then be a plague to you you'd wish would be eradicated from whole SWTOR.

qqqqq

if people don't want to improve, hell they deserve to fail and fail and fail and qqqqq

now call me elitest, umad

The FPs are not hard. They are however, buggy. In 2 different times in Corporate Labs, I've had the Security Chief bug, and then the final boss bugged. On the Security Chief, we would run out of the circles only to have the circles warp to us and 1 shot us. That happened 3 times before the mechanic worked properly. On the final boss, it bugged so that we were getting 2-3 adds at one time where it's supposed to be only 1 add at a time.

Now everyone's learning curve is different, but the mechanics are pretty straight forward and aren't complex at all. The final bosses in both Cadimimu, and in Athiss, offer more of a challenge than the new Czerka FPs when they are working correctly.

Edited by Lowyjowylof