Same gender romance discussion

CommunitySupport

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I DO want SGRA's with current Companions, but I also think that they should be backwards compatible (that is, available to those of us who have played the gosh darn game since release and have actually got the 10k Affection and Level 50/55 characters) and hopefully, the introduction of that compatibility is causing the problems and not the act of scripting and recording.

Because if scripting and recording is the problem, this game can kiss story lines goodbye.

^ I'm pretty sure most of us want it to be this way.

I sure as heck am not restarting to romance a lesbian Jaesa.

Edited by MSpectre

^ I'm pretty sure most of us want it to be this way.

I sure as heck am not restarting to romance a lesbian Jaesa.

Out of fear that exactly this would happen, one of my Warriors is sitting pretty much idle right before Quesh, having had a grand total of one conversation with Jaesa.

Out of fear that exactly this would happen, one of my Warriors is sitting pretty much idle right before Quesh, having had a grand total of one conversation with Jaesa.

And then you end up with the situation that the alignment you didn't choose is the one that gets SGRA :(

That's what fanfic is for. :(

It shouldn't have to be that way :(

And pretty much everything on this board is straight, anyway. Off the top of my head, the only one with in-game companions is a WarriorxQuinn pairing, but that be men.

And pretty much everything on this board is straight, anyway. Off the top of my head, the only one with in-game companions is a WarriorxQuinn pairing, but that be men.

Write up your own! Be the first!

What's the difference between fan-fic and ingame? Cutscenes. :p It's actually kind of funny that people can go about pretending their Sith is really a Jedi or a Jedi is really a Sith (since we don't get to play on whatever fraction side we want), but the idea of pretending a romance with a companion is just way out there. :p

Pretend you're the only Emperor's Wrath in the whole galaxy? Easy! Pretend your Emperor's Wrath chose a SGR? Impossible!

Mind you, I'm not saying they shouldn't make these possible, but it's odd on what people seem to beable to accept.

Write up your own! Be the first!

What's the difference between fan-fic and ingame? Cutscenes. :p It's actually kind of funny that people can go about pretending their Sith is really a Jedi or a Jedi is really a Sith (since we don't get to play on whatever fraction side we want), but the idea of pretending a romance with a companion is just way out there. :p

Pretend you're the only Emperor's Wrath in the whole galaxy? Easy! Pretend your Emperor's Wrath chose a SGR? Impossible!

Mind you, I'm not saying they shouldn't make these possible, but it's odd on what people seem to beable to accept.

Writing your own fan-fic and ingame stories... Actually an interesting idea for those of us who do and like to actually RP. :t_eek: After all isn't this an MMORPG? I hadn't thought of that one and it feel it should have been obvious. :ph_lol:

But, I was reading some of the other posts on having characters sitting around gathering dust while we wait for SGRs. Yea, I have a couple too... :t_frown: While we wait, discuss, wonder what is taking so long, and worry about them ever making it into the game. :t_confused:

If the only way to finally get this into the game is to reset our conversations with the romance option NPCs. Not the affection mind, just the conversations and maybe the missions with that NPC. I could live with that and just redo the conversations. :t_cool:

Though I imagine not everyone would be willing to go that far...

If the only way to finally get this into the game is to reset our conversations with the romance option NPCs. Not the affection mind, just the conversations and maybe the missions with that NPC. I could live with that and just redo the conversations. :t_cool:

Though I imagine not everyone would be willing to go that far...

*fist bump* I would totally do that.

Also, I don't write in-game characters. I write my character...s, which are based on my in-game characters, but Rochester isn't Cipher Nine and Zdinne isn't the leader of Havoc Squad.

I don't really know if I want to ship Zdinne with Stion'n now :/

That's interesting (and I find it odd) considering that other BW games with SGR content have lots of either m/m or f/f fan fic devoted to various pairings (mainly PC plus romanceable companion).

It's as if the lack of 'in game validation' for a pairing (FemWarrior/Jaesa for example) deters people from writing fan fic for them.

I know I used to look for pretty much any SWTOR fanfic with an f/f pairing (any PC/companion) and didn't really find anything...gave up.

Edited by stuffystuffs

There doesn't seem to be a lot of stuff for SWTOR on the boards generally, maybe there's more on unofficial sites? I could imagine that SWTOR lacking any same-sex romances, people who would write it would likely be turned off or believe that posting it on the forums is actively discouraged.

Well. Let's see if I can fix that, then.

Totally you guys. Fanfic. :)

I have a whole series of ideas myself about what some of the crew dynamics between companions might be like that I was thinking of doing in fanart comic strip.

But don't give up on SGR too.

That's interesting (and I find it odd) considering that other BW games with SGR content have lots of either m/m or f/f fan fic devoted to various pairings (mainly PC plus romanceable companion).

It's as if the lack of 'in game validation' for a pairing (FemWarrior/Jaesa for example) deters people from writing fan fic for them.

I know I used to look for pretty much any SWTOR fanfic with an f/f pairing (any PC/companion) and didn't really find anything...gave up.

Which is odd. There shouldn't be a need for in-game validation for the pairing, as people pair obviously wouldn't characters, all the time.

Kirk & Spock? No. Scott & Logan? No. But people like to pair them.

There doesn't seem to be a lot of stuff for SWTOR on the boards generally, maybe there's more on unofficial sites? I could imagine that SWTOR lacking any same-sex romances, people who would write it would likely be turned off or believe that posting it on the forums is actively discouraged.

Or likely, SGR fanfic tends to get to graphic for a public forum such as this one. :p

Which is odd. There shouldn't be a need for in-game validation for the pairing, as people pair obviously wouldn't characters, all the time.

Kirk & Spock? No. Scott & Logan? No. But people like to pair them.

Hey, some of the best ships are crackships. Like Korrasami.

Also, I don't write in-game characters. I write my character...s, which are based on my in-game characters, but Rochester isn't Cipher Nine and Zdinne isn't the leader of Havoc Squad.

I don't really know if I want to ship Zdinne with Stion'n now :/

I like the idea and advice, thank you! :t_biggrin:

I am currently on holidays from Uni, and I am looking for a writing project to occupy some of my time... LS!SW/LS!Jaesa is tempting. (I mean, when has slash adhered to canon slavishly? Isn't that kind of the whole point of slash? Pretty silly to not write it just because there's no evidence for it in game.)

My SW is a Chiss, and very LS... As LS as she could get. I hope people don't mind that. It might not get posted on these forums, though. (If it gets written, I make no promises by this statement!)

Maybe I'll even be able to eek out some time to actually play and get my Smuggler high enough level to see the mini-romance... But that will depend on how badly Neverwinter has me "addicted", and exactly how annoyed I get with the compulsory transfers us APAC players are about to endure (I really hope they don't make us buy additional slots - I have characters on the Harbinger that I didn't transfer in the first place, and 13 characters in Dalborra).

My SW is a Chiss, and very LS... As LS as she could get. I hope people don't mind that. It might not get posted on these forums, though. (If it gets written, I make no promises by this statement!)

Alignment has nothing to do with readership, but quality of character does. Besides, Light Side Sith or Sith who are not "all death, all the time" tend to be inherently more complex (particularly when pressed about their continued association with the Empire or the tenets of the Sith Order), which, when done well, makes them more interesting.

Remember the code:

Peaces is a lie,

There is only passion

Through passion I gain strength,

Through strength, I gain power

Through power, I gain victory,

In victory, my chains are broken,

The Force shall free me.

And I will always suggest the Short Fiction Weekly Challenge thread if you need help getting started :p

And to the idea that SGR-fan-fiction isn't on the forums because it's not in-game - I still think that it's more to do with the belief that it wouldn't be allowed on the forum because there's none of it in-game, rather than people not writing it because it's not a canon ship.

My SW is a Chiss, and very LS... As LS as she could get. I hope people don't mind that.

I certainly wouldn't, but

I sort of preempted you, there. :p

Haven't posted that part of the story yet, although it's been written for awhile. Jaesa hasn't even met our Warrior yet, let alone fallen in love with her. So it's kind of still a secret. The title is sort of a hint, though: it's a reference to a quote by Friedrich Nietzsche. "Was aus Liebe gethan wird, geschieht immer jenseits von Gut und Böse." It means, "what would be done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil." Jaesa's gonna...well, she's gonna wrestle with that idea a lot. But it kinda defines the story.

My SW is a Chiss, and very LS... As LS as she could get. I hope people don't mind that. It might not get posted on these forums, though. (If it gets written, I make no promises by this statement!).

My fave SW is LS as well so I wouldn't mind XD

Haven't posted that part of the story yet, although it's been written for awhile. Jaesa hasn't even met our Warrior yet, let alone fallen in love with her. So it's kind of still a secret. The title is sort of a hint, though: it's a reference to a quote by Friedrich Nietzsche. "Was aus Liebe gethan wird, geschieht immer jenseits von Gut und Böse." It means, "what would be done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil." Jaesa's gonna...well, she's gonna wrestle with that idea a lot. But it kinda defines the story.

I will have to check that out...thanks for posting it.

I just finished reading your story, and once I got into the style - it's awesome. I'm looking forward to reading the next chapter!

Now I'm accustomed to it, I do love the intellectual/memoir style narrative we're getting from Jaesa. I'm very much looking forward to the turning point (when she meets the unnamed Sith, and what ultimately happens between the Sith and Noman Karr)! :)

If I do write mine, it will be very different. I got put off the "writing the novel of the game" idea a long time ago, and I tend to do side adventures/quests and/or character-ishly driven fill-in-the-blanks stories when I write Fanfiction these days. It will most likely be third person limited (or semi-omniscient), as that's my favoured style. But the big thing is the IF for me - one of the other things I learned from "writing the novel of the game" is not to make promises I am unsure I'll be able to keep. ;) (This is mostly due to my current "addiction" to Neverwinter, and that I want to do some of my own original writing over my mid-year break.)